Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Wtf happened to my g?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 09:22 AM
GeeeeOhhhh
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I say yor newly install strut bar hit your intake or something on the intake.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:32 AM
SkyMG37x
Registered Member

Take it to theh dealer ASAP to read all the codes - there would have to be some stored. It sounds like the ECU freaked out - the fact that it started after 30 mins may indicate heat caused the problem, i.e. a sensor or the ECU itself was somehow impacted by engine heat.

IMO this is not a battery issue - that makes no sense. With the car running the battery would not cause the types of problems you saw, but then again if one of the clamps was not making solid contact it may have confused the ECU which reads the current flow through the ground side.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:22 AM
DrJones

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
never heard of this...
Old 07-13-2009, 10:42 AM
Nitro Mojo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You know, I was wondering if anyone had ever had a similar issue arise. Mine is a little different but the same type of thing happened. I was in an empty parking lot one night and it was raining, so I decided to turn the vdc off and have a little fun/become more acquanted with how the car performs and its limits. Anyways I took it past the limit and lost it on one slide and spun out, and the car just stopped and every single light on the dash lit up and it wouldn't move. It was in gear and on and the radio was working, but everything mechanical about the car locked up. I don't know if that was a safety feature such as an emergency lock up if the car knows its out of control, but after I turned it off and sat there for a second, it started up and everything was cool. I wonder if your car did something similar except it was just out of place and misjudged how your vehicle was being driven?? Did u happen to be driving it hard or losing traction at the light when it happened?
Old 07-13-2009, 11:25 AM
whiddles
Registered Member

thats sucks. can't wait to see what the dealer says. my old buick did that every now and then and it was the ecu that was bad. it ran when it wanted to. i would just stop running even while driving. i call her a pretty name start her back up and i was good for lil longer lol.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:07 PM
n_jay888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sep i still got dibs on the parts i want from your car if it's totally messed up and you can't pay for it. Bwahahaha!!!
Old 07-13-2009, 01:41 PM
g37mobbber

Originally Posted by Nitro Mojo
You know, I was wondering if anyone had ever had a similar issue arise. Mine is a little different but the same type of thing happened. I was in an empty parking lot one night and it was raining, so I decided to turn the vdc off and have a little fun/become more acquanted with how the car performs and its limits. Anyways I took it past the limit and lost it on one slide and spun out, and the car just stopped and every single light on the dash lit up and it wouldn't move. It was in gear and on and the radio was working, but everything mechanical about the car locked up. I don't know if that was a safety feature such as an emergency lock up if the car knows its out of control, but after I turned it off and sat there for a second, it started up and everything was cool. I wonder if your car did something similar except it was just out of place and misjudged how your vehicle was being driven?? Did u happen to be driving it hard or losing traction at the light when it happened?
i wasnt driving it hard @ all i was @ a red light.... sorry to hear about your incident and my enigine light stayed on after i turned it on and off

Originally Posted by n_jay888
Sep i still got dibs on the parts i want from your car if it's totally messed up and you can't pay for it. Bwahahaha!!!
FFFFFF YOUUUUUUU!! and its covered under warranty!! (it better be)
Old 07-13-2009, 01:42 PM
g37mobbber

alright guys so im actually on the dealership computer right now and the lady told me it will take anywhere from 45-1 hour till they find out whats wrong with it, so i'll keep you guys posted!! thanks for all the inputs once again i personally think its the ecu but who knows
Old 07-13-2009, 01:52 PM
n_jay888

I think it's user error and not the ECU.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:55 PM
g37mobbber

hahaha user error from stopped @ a red light and it turns green and the CAR DOESNT MOVE...was my foot not down hard enough?! hahaha neil your an idiot lol
Old 07-13-2009, 01:59 PM
CEELOSG37S
LA G Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its got to be the driver. SEP = FAIL.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:04 PM
n_jay888

2 votes in. Does anybody else agree???
Old 07-13-2009, 02:04 PM
Rapture37

It's was the craziest thing.. I don't think it was the battery because the car was running, (like ****) and when you would give it gas it wouldn't rev or anything. Just all the lights were on and it was chugging. Turned the car off, then back on, started, and still did the same thing. Has to be a sensor. That car wasn't moving tho. Was very weird for it to work after half an hour. Something up..
Old 07-13-2009, 02:05 PM
Nitro Mojo

[QUOTE=g37mobbber;2681935]i wasnt driving it hard @ all i was @ a red light.... sorry to hear about your incident and my enigine light stayed on after i turned it on and offQUOTE]

Hah don't apologize to me my car is fine. Your the one sitting in the dealership right now...
Old 07-13-2009, 02:06 PM
n_jay888

Originally Posted by Nitro Mojo
Hah don't apologize to me my car is fine. Your the one sitting in the dealership right now...

Quick Reply: Wtf happened to my g?!