Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Bike rack adapter kit for G37/G35

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 12:18 AM
JHG37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infinite,

What brand and model of hitch is that and what kind of rack are you using? Nice Santa Cruz!
Old 07-09-2009, 12:13 PM
Infinite G37S

http://www.etrailer.com/hitch-2008_Infiniti_G35.htm

Here is the link, all 3 will work but I used the Curt one. To get it to fit the coupe you need to remove that arm off to the right which is why you lose a little stability. Very easy instalation and like I said, I can put 3 heavy mtn bikes on there but I do use the attached strap around the trunk for added stability.

+1 for the SC, great bike although I recently cracked the frame and am in the process of upgrading through the SC warranty dept!
Old 07-09-2009, 06:04 PM
gurneyeagle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Infinite G37S
http://www.etrailer.com/hitch-2008_Infiniti_G35.htm

Here is the link, all 3 will work but I used the Curt one. To get it to fit the coupe you need to remove that arm off to the right which is why you lose a little stability. Very easy instalation and like I said, I can put 3 heavy mtn bikes on there but I do use the attached strap around the trunk for added stability.

+1 for the SC, great bike although I recently cracked the frame and am in the process of upgrading through the SC warranty dept!
This is awesome!

How did you know that the hitch would fit a coupe?
Old 07-09-2009, 07:48 PM
Infinite G37S

Originally Posted by gurneyeagle
This is awesome!

How did you know that the hitch would fit a coupe?
I did a search on it and a guy had figured it out. The one in the link is for the sedan and it has that support beam on it that bots on the opposite side of the muffler. Since the coupes have dual tips, there is nothing to bolt that too which is why mine is a bit flimsy but still works great
Old 07-11-2009, 05:48 PM
vimish

The bike tray is designed for both Mtn and Road bikes. The fork mount, which is what I believe you are referring to, is highly stable and commonly used. My bike is just under 15lbs, but I designed the kit such that a 30lb mtn would fit.

Someone asked about my group. As in grouppo? I ride SRAM red.

And no, the bike tray is not mounted except rarely, when I don't ride from home. The pic below is what the car looks like without the bike tray.
Attached Thumbnails Bike rack adapter kit for G37/G35-9.jpg  
Old 08-08-2009, 12:47 AM
paladin

Thumbs up Bike Rack Available

Hey Vimish,
I saw your bike rack and it's just what I was looking around for! I was looking at other options as to how to drag my pinarello around since I had to get rid of my minivan, and yours is the very best I've seen! Do you have other units available? How much would you charge to have a duplicate made? Let me know, PLEASE!!! I'm at my wits end, I've gotta get out on the good roads, but got the ghettos all around me!

Thanks!

Originally Posted by vimish
The bike tray is designed for both Mtn and Road bikes. The fork mount, which is what I believe you are referring to, is highly stable and commonly used. My bike is just under 15lbs, but I designed the kit such that a 30lb mtn would fit.

Someone asked about my group. As in grouppo? I ride SRAM red.

And no, the bike tray is not mounted except rarely, when I don't ride from home. The pic below is what the car looks like without the bike tray.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:42 AM
vimish

I am still looking to making a kit. The price will be around $200.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:54 PM
paladin

First customer in line....

When and if ever produced, consider me the first to order! Thanks!
Old 08-21-2009, 08:08 PM
Josh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this thread has been very helpful... thanks! i just bought a mountain bike for the casual ride here and there and didnt want to get one of those roof mount racks... or the ones you clip onto your trunk (which my roommate has)... think ill have to get one of these receiver hitches on my car.

edit: has anyone used one of these? http://www.autoanything.com/towing/7...a-000423bb4e95
Old 08-21-2009, 09:54 PM
JHG37S

Looks pretty cool. It says not available for 2008 G37 though
Old 08-22-2009, 08:40 PM
joelmd

fyi, the u-haul website list a class 1 hitch for about $130 for an 09 g37 coupe. installation is usually around $100.

i have one installed on my mustang and its not very obtrusive. all you can see from the rear is the receiver. once i sell the mustang i will go to uhaul and ask about the g37 hitch.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:41 PM
08G37S

I want one! How do I get one? Thanks!
Old 07-08-2010, 10:15 PM
TSRACERMO

Talking hey!

Originally Posted by Infinite G37S
Here is mine, not as nice when its racked as yours is but when the rack is off its virtually invisible unless you get under the car. And when I go to Newport or up North, I take both my mtn and road bikes, I can get three bikes on there although it can be a bit flimsy, I strap the rack around the trunk and its very stable.

Looks great though!
Hey I want to do this same kind of setup to my g37 for a bike rack hitch. Can you give me any more information like where you took it to get it done, how much did it cost? Did you lose warranty on your car for installing it? Were you warned about drilling into the floor? or how much damage could be caused if you were ever in a fender bender?
Old 07-11-2010, 07:31 PM
GatorLexus

Road Bike Fits in Trunk!

I have a $9000 LOOK road bike, all Campy Super Record 11. All I do is put my back seat down, take the seat post with seat off, the front wheel off, and everything fits in the trunk, no problem. I ride 4 times a week and was elated when it all fit in there and no bike rack required for just one bike.
Old 07-11-2010, 11:00 PM
seadoo9010

I have a $9000 LOOK road bike, all Campy Super Record 11. All I do is put my back seat down, take the seat post with seat off, the front wheel off, and everything fits in the trunk, no problem. I ride 4 times a week and was elated when it all fit in there and no bike rack required for just one bike.
Yes my Cannondale Super Six fits perfectly, but I just got a tri bike...and the aero bars prevent it from fitting obviously...

I might have to get a roof rack. Suggestions?

Quick Reply: Bike rack adapter kit for G37/G35