G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

holding down the VDC button

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 06:15 PM
Infinite G37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I read if you hold it down long enough our cars turn into Bugatti Veyrons.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:06 PM
G-Rocket

ha-ha!!
what are you all smoking???
Old 06-29-2009, 07:52 PM
kRAM
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
Just tried it..ended up getting worse mpg. psh. WHERES MY FREE MONEY!!!
Old 06-29-2009, 08:11 PM
brynomon

Originally Posted by ]\[ /-\ ]\/[
hi all,

quick question...what happens when we hold the VDC button down? for like more than 5 secs

normally if u turn the VDC off , the light indicator pops up on the dash but when i held the button down it disappeared and wouldn't come back on until i shut the car off and restarted the car

anyone had this experience?
This is called "logic" if the button is held down the computer thinks the button is stuck or failed and defaults to on for safety reasons.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:31 PM
Thrillhouse

Originally Posted by johnnyg
we don't have an e diff. Visco diff. WORD!
You have both. The diff itself is viscous, the ECU also uses the brakes to help.

Seriously, this is all in your owners manual. If you turn off VDC you'll still see the slip light flash when the eLSD kicks in.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:11 AM
bufflex

Originally Posted by G-Rocket
When you hold it long enough it becomes a TRANSFORMER!!!
Originally Posted by Infinite G37S
Relax guys, its two settings, on and off. When its off (dash light lit up) there is no traction control, no dynamic control, nada, we have a fully defeatable system on these cars.

However, if you do hold it down, the exhaust note changes to a louder more aggressive sound and the longer you hold it the louder it gets until the exhaust is completely uncorked/open headers. Keep holding it down and the suspension gets tighter, the car drops an inch and the wheels get wider and the tires get stickier. If you hold it down long enough the rear wing raises and the car will create a significant amount of downforce. And if your finger can still hold it down, the car will actually start dispensing $100 bills from the CD slot.
LOOL you guys are hilarious!

+ I also tried it hoping for something unusual to happen but nothing happened and frankly speaking, I was disappointed! Now im thinking of selling my G just because of this incident.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:34 AM
x95stacey

Originally Posted by Thrillhouse
You have both. The diff itself is viscous, the ECU also uses the brakes to help.

Seriously, this is all in your owners manual. If you turn off VDC you'll still see the slip light flash when the eLSD kicks in.
The vdc will apply the brake to the slipping wheel but there is no eLSD on the g. Ref page 5-50 in the 09 manual.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:54 PM
Thrillhouse

Originally Posted by x95stacey
The vdc will apply the brake to the slipping wheel but there is no eLSD on the g. Ref page 5-50 in the 09 manual.
Straight from the manual:

"The VDC system uses an Active Brake Limited Slip (ABLS) function to improve vehicle traction. The ABLS system works when one of the driving wheels is spinning on a slippery surface. The ABLS system brakes the spinning wheel, which distributes the driving power to the other drive wheel. If the vehicle is operated with the VDC OFF switch pushed and the VDC system turned off, all VDC systems will be turned off. The ABLS system and ABS will still operate with the VDC system off. If the ABLS system is activated, the SLIP indicator will blink and you may hear a clunk noise and/or feel a pulsation in the brake pedal. This is normal and is not an indication of a malfunction.
"

Yeah it's not an "ediff" in the Ferrari/BMW way, but it's still an electronic limited slip.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:05 PM
IcebergG

Originally Posted by Infinite G37S
Relax guys, its two settings, on and off. When its off (dash light lit up) there is no traction control, no dynamic control, nada, we have a fully defeatable system on these cars.

However, if you do hold it down, the exhaust note changes to a louder more aggressive sound and the longer you hold it the louder it gets until the exhaust is completely uncorked/open headers. Keep holding it down and the suspension gets tighter, the car drops an inch and the wheels get wider and the tires get stickier. If you hold it down long enough the rear wing raises and the car will create a significant amount of downforce. And if your finger can still hold it down, the car will actually start dispensing $100 bills from the CD slot.
ROFLMFAO!!!!

Wait a second......

Mine only dispensed $50 bills!

Dammit Infiniti!!! Back to the dealership I go
Old 06-30-2009, 09:18 PM
Infinite G37S

They will cover that under warranty.

I have read so many hairbrain theories on what the cars do with VDC on, VDC off, DS on, DS off, combination of the two, etc.... There are no secrets here gentlemen and women. Thrillhouse, thank you for making this easy!
Old 01-10-2023, 10:38 PM
Gabe Cady
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Button?

Originally Posted by ]\[ /-\ ]\/[
hi all,

quick question...what happens when we hold the VDC button down? for like more than 5 secs

normally if u turn the VDC off , the light indicator pops up on the dash but when i held the button down it disappeared and wouldn't come back on until i shut the car off and restarted the car

anyone had this experience?
sorry are you talking about the traction control button? I just have traction control to disable with s button on my X, no VDC..is it the same button? I hold it to turn it off??
Old 01-11-2023, 06:21 AM
The Pope
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts
Thread Resurrection of a thread from 2009!!!!
Old 01-11-2023, 01:21 PM
BULL
Moderador

Received 727 Likes on 565 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe Cady
sorry are you talking about the traction control button? I just have traction control to disable with s button on my X, no VDC..is it the same button? I hold it to turn it off??
Disregard this entire threat. OP had and issue where he held the button and then it would not do anything after.
One possibility is that it's an internal safety of the BCM that it would disable the toggling of this button thinking it might have gotten stuck. Wouldnt surprise if he hooked up a scanner it would have triggered a BCM code.

Nothing happens, it turns off VDC and that's it. Nothing special about.

I was in other forums in 2009 and they were as hilarious as this one back then.
The following users liked this post:
Gabe Cady (01-11-2023)