Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

just got a ticket for no front plate!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 11:29 AM
Graham
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LAX is horrible with no front plates. If you park in a public LAX parking lot while away on vacation, they'll walk the parking lots and ticket cars while your away. So when you get back from your grueling business trip or nice vacation there will be a lovely no front plate ticket waiting on your windsheild. Bastards.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:22 PM
redshift1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Low hanging fruit for tax revenue in ca. Any place with lots of parked cars will be targeted colleges, sports events etc.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:13 AM
djkmac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah my gf got a ticket for no plate while parked, and all she had to do was pay it off. I got pulled over for no plate and had to go get it checked off. They tell you its a free ticket but dont mention a 10 dollar processing fee, 25 dollar CHP Fee -.- and 80$ for stillen tow bracket.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:10 AM
TJHG37S

If you have plate in your front window you usually won't get a ticket, I've parked in those Yellow Dot lots a few times when I had my WRX with no front plate and never got a ticket. Are those public?

Originally Posted by Graham
LAX is horrible with no front plates. If you park in a public LAX parking lot while away on vacation, they'll walk the parking lots and ticket cars while your away. So when you get back from your grueling business trip or nice vacation there will be a lovely no front plate ticket waiting on your windsheild. Bastards.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:55 PM
amf25

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just got stopped for tint and no front plate yesterday, west bound 210 at the 605 in morning rush hour. only have 35% too, looks pretty light to me, whatever. now I have to reschedule the date they gave me bc of work conflict. any idea how much pita it is to reschedule? I wish I could just pay a dinky fine instead of fixing this crap.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:29 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TJHG37S
If you have plate in your front window you usually won't get a ticket, I've parked in those Yellow Dot lots a few times when I had my WRX with no front plate and never got a ticket. Are those public?
Don't count on that, the yellow dots are not overnight, so they aren't going to waste their time over there. They just go down to the overnight lots where to potential to run into the vehicle owner is drastically reduced.

Putting a plate inside is pretty dangerous and doesn't guarantee you not to get a ticket. The plates need to be clearly displayed and visible. Behind the windshield doesn't exactly fit that build. Not to mention in an accident you now have a sharp metal object flying around at head level. That thing will cut you real fast, not to mention the potential for it to slide and screw up the dash is pretty high.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:34 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
License plate will not suffice. You've been lucky!

And yea, it'd be pretty scary to have a thin metal plate ready to fly around in the car.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:36 PM
KLB

I'm glad we don't have front plates in Indiana.

Just another excuse to raise more revunue that the government can **** away. YEA!!!
Old 07-07-2009, 01:41 PM
LAG37

ive gotten too many of these...
Old 07-07-2009, 05:27 PM
MrMichael

Traffic laws are supposed to exist because of safety reasons not for the city/state to make money. Everyone in a 2 plate state has paid for their plates at registration time so its not like you can only order one plate. So since we've already paid for the plate there is no safety reason the plate needs to be on the car and there is no monetary reason the plate needs to be on the car. Its already paid for.

In Texas you can pass your vehicle inspection without a front plate because the state doesn't consider it a safety problem with the car. Some people are now saying it is so that the toll booths can photograph the front and back plates, but the picture taken of the front of your car is actually the driver through the windshield, not the front plate.

The only reason 2 plate laws exist is a money grab. The states with 2 plates actually would save millions of dollars by getting rid of the 2 plate rules, but the politicians need the cop union votes and money so they would never vote for it (corruption). The amount of money it costs to manage and produce them is quite a bit.

I got pulled over twice in texas. Both times I got warnings and both times were by state troopers. The 2nd time the troopers car rear bumper looked like it was going to fall off and was flapping in the wind. And he pulls me over? I should be able to give him a ticket for operating an unsafe vehicle whereas my vehicle was not a safety issue. I bought one of the stillen brackets. To serve and protect? More like to fine and harass.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:01 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
I understand that our cars look better without a front plate. But there is a reason for them and it’s not just a money grab. In essence, it’s a law enforcement tool; in which police vehicles in many cases can literally double their chances of spotting, in opposing traffic, a wanted criminal’s car by observing its front plate as it goes by in an opposite lane. Bank robbers, stolen cars and escaping kidnappers can often be detected this way because the cops can see plates in both directions. In states without a front plate requirement this tool is near worthless.

And yes, catching traffic violators via intersection cameras is enhanced with front plates, and it is a source of extra revenue for municipalities. But let’s be honest here, one has to have broken the law to get caught in the first place, so it’s hard to justify b!tching about it. The only thing you can depend on is that as these cameras come into increased use, there will be added pressure on law enforcement to write tickets for no front plates.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:37 PM
SeismicGuy

Originally Posted by amf25
I just got stopped for tint and no front plate yesterday, west bound 210 at the 605 in morning rush hour. only have 35% too, looks pretty light to me, whatever. now I have to reschedule the date they gave me bc of work conflict. any idea how much pita it is to reschedule? I wish I could just pay a dinky fine instead of fixing this crap.
Here's a clue--the state is broke and it is easier to give out these types of chickens**t tickets to raise revenue. I wish they would spend as much effort going after the jerks that (increasingly) run through red lights.

Doug
Old 07-08-2009, 02:49 PM
shabbo
Registered Member

The front license plate is of particular importance in urban cities with intersections, crosswalks, red-light-right-turns (in CA) etc. This is important for pedestrians and police to identify particular vechicles. The same goes for tinted windows.

It's probably a fix-it ticket. You can stick one on with the provided frame temporarily and remove it after without drilling holes.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:04 PM
terrycs
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Isn't it interesting how these threads rarely show up in the sedan section?
Old 07-28-2009, 03:02 PM
LuckyLuke
Registered Member

Just got one yesterday!

Yup! got fix-it ticket for no front license plate last night...

Do cop cars got rear view camera? I was behind the cop car at night. They moved to slower lane and slowed down letting me pass. Then he pulled right behind me. Tailgating me for two blocks and turned on the light. I don't know how they could see at night when they were infront of me...

I hate people tailgating me...

Last edited by LuckyLuke; 07-29-2009 at 02:22 AM.

Quick Reply: just got a ticket for no front plate!!!