Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2008 G37 Battery Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 10:06 AM
w29bucca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 G37 Battery Problems

I was wondering if anybody else has problems with the battery going dead after the car may sit idol for a couple of days?
Old 06-13-2009, 11:05 AM
drjspecv

Mine has been good so far. There have been a few times were it has sat for 2 weeks and no problems.
Old 06-13-2009, 11:18 AM
whiddles
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The first month i had mine i left the radio on and a phone charger for like and hour and it died. had a jump start and i have done the same thing many times sense and it has never died again.
Old 06-13-2009, 11:44 AM
aznutx

there's a decent size amount of ppl with battery problems
mine just dying a couple times, switched batteries at the dealership to happen again

bought myself an optima redtop, and... problems solved. from my point of view it's infiniti's batteries and not the car hope that helps
Old 06-13-2009, 12:55 PM
w29bucca

Originally Posted by aznutx
there's a decent size amount of ppl with battery problems
mine just dying a couple times, switched batteries at the dealership to happen again

bought myself an optima redtop, and... problems solved. from my point of view it's infiniti's batteries and not the car hope that helps

The dealership still thinks that we leave the ignition on. Had one battery replaced and they now installed a second one. I heard them say that they had this problem with a few other cars, so they changed the battery and problem solved. I must have got a total lemon. It's been at the dealership now 4 times. I think trade it for something else, or go for lemon law.
Old 06-13-2009, 12:58 PM
whiddles
Registered Member

you will make out better with the lemon. you may lose money on the trade. lemon pays you what you paided for the car in the first place i believe.
Old 06-13-2009, 02:24 PM
aznutx

i really doubt u will be able to lemon it, there have been ppl here who's cars have been in the dealership longer than in their driveway but gl if ur gonna try that route,
i just took the bullet and bought an aftermarket battery, and i might i add, it starts up cleaner/faster than even when my car was new so it was worth it imo
Old 06-13-2009, 04:02 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
has anyone done a voltage meter test on the battery that you're having problems? if not, it's warrantied
Old 06-13-2009, 04:30 PM
aznutx

i didnt and i know for certain i coulda gotten a new battery under warranty but closest dealership for me is 3hrs so it cost/benefit for me was just get aftermarket
Old 06-14-2009, 07:12 PM
gno

Use happen to me all the time, since i dont drive it daily. about a week and a half -two weeks the battery would range from sluggish to completely dead. I think it hads to do with the anolog clock, dash LED and whatever else thats working while the cars off. Its in the manual.

I brought a Battery Maintainer from sears for about $25 and it works well. It automatically trickle charges the battery with about 2Amps when needed.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:51 PM
kieranlavin

In the summer my wife's G is fine. She lets it sit for a week or 10 days at times and it starts up no problem. In the winter though when it sat in the garage, it went dead. I have a tender for my other car and I just hooked it up every week or two. Next winter I'll just get a tender for her car and keep them both charged
Old 06-16-2009, 01:35 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ive heard that its good to shut off the A/C before powering down the car - for some reason. Can anyone validate this as a rumour or a fact?
Old 06-16-2009, 02:34 PM
SkyMG37x
Registered Member

Are any of you keeping your I-Key in or near the car? That would definitely cause a drain since the computer in the car will communicate with the I-Key when it's in range.

Other than that, many new cars with multiple on-board computers will use some power while the car is off and can drain the battery within 3-4 weeks if not used (our manual references 30 days). Driving the car for short distances in between is not enough to fully charge it either. If it's draining quicker than this under normal use then there is likely an issue either with the battery not holding a complete charge, or a system using more current than it should when the car is off.

Keep in mind a fully charged battery is ~12.65V (at the terminals). At ~12.0V it's only ~25% charged and below that you start having trouble.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:22 PM
Mid-Life Crisis

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just returned from a 12 day trip and my G's battery was completly dead. Sat in the garage the whole time and the key was not near the car. I was very disappointed and went and started my old Maxima that hadn't been driven in about 2 months while I trickle charged the G overnight.

This is not right.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:04 PM
aznutx

Originally Posted by Mid-Life Crisis
I just returned from a 12 day trip and my G's battery was completly dead. Sat in the garage the whole time and the key was not near the car. I was very disappointed and went and started my old Maxima that hadn't been driven in about 2 months while I trickle charged the G overnight.

This is not right.
welcome to the club

Quick Reply: 2008 G37 Battery Problems