G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

0-60 and 1/4, fastest in the new 7 speed?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 01:48 PM
PeterUbers

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Motorweek clocked the G37x (coupe) at 13.7 -- available on youtube
Old 07-02-2009, 08:08 PM
DrJones

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mike
Do you drag race from light to light?

For daily driving, a more important number would be 50-70 and 60-80, where the G37 bests the 335.

Unless you're launching (like they do for magazine test times), you'll be better off in the G37.

I agree
Old 01-01-2011, 09:26 PM
fluid1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I own the 335 and I'm dumping the POS. Can't wait for my G to arrive next Wednesday.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:42 PM
Doggy

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I looked at both cars before I made my purchase, the 335 had an ugly interior but nice exterior, launch is quicker cause of turbos, but more monthly about 300 range more. The G has a nicer interior and is pretty quick compared to most cars, and the cost isn't bad either and at the end it's a Japanese car so maintenance isn't as high as a European pos.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:20 PM
mystakin
Registered Member

0-60 times range from car to car ive seen. some people report the 37x to be the fastest while others claim its the slowest. most people agree the 7AT is faster than the 6MT but many people still go with the 6MT. idk, as i see it they are pretty much around the same 0-60 / 1/4 mile times. was just nice one day hearing that the 37x might be the fastest since thats the kind i have
Old 01-01-2011, 11:46 PM
FM37

Why stress over a couple of milliseconds...they are all similar with 0-60 in around 5seconds. The G is way more reliable than the 335i. I saw an article a couple of months ago ripping the 335i for it's low reliability.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:45 AM
cvt

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by fluid1
I own the 335 and I'm dumping the POS. Can't wait for my G to arrive next Wednesday.
lemmie guess...HPFP issues?
Old 01-02-2011, 02:14 AM
smashhell

Originally Posted by BPASoCal
If you are not planning on doing any kind of FI to your car then you'll wanna go with the 7A but the 6MT is gonna be able to put out more power to the wheels do to strong tranny. stock G vs stock bmw you will prob do about the same. keep in mind even tho the VQ claims 330hp it still only puttin ~275 at the wheels (I think I have even seen lower numbers from other member's dynos) and the 335i coupe puttin about 280hp and 270 tq to the wheels (my co-worker dynoed his). On another note BMW costs alot more and will get more looks just because its a bimmer and if thats what you want then go for bmw. best bang for your buck with more aftermarket parts available due to all the Z and G enthusiasts, the G will always win.
I disagree on the bimmer getting more looks.

There are just way too many bimmers out there, specially the 328i. In the area where I live every other car is a bimmer. So getting a bimmer is when you don't want to get any look because it's way too common lol.

The G37 on the other hand, is way more unique and exotic looking. There are nothing else like it. You will definitely get more looks in a G37 than a bimmer.
Old 01-02-2011, 02:59 AM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0B50...e_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXddw...e_gdata_player

Nuff said. In order to have a chance at winning a race, the car must be able to finish it first! Although the overheating issue supposedly has been sorted out by BMW.
Old 01-02-2011, 03:29 AM
SPDCRZ

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
The plain facts are that in a real street race, it would be down to the better driver.

I have been against cars with stats on their cars way better then mine. Yet I seem to beat them. It is about the driver, especially when there is so little difference.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:55 PM
Alex57r

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
335i is faster. Period. Off the line, on the highway, low end, high end, whatever. Its also over $10,000 more so you get what you pay for. If you lease for instance, the 335i is around $200 more a month for a comparably equiped car and although they give you free maintenece, that's easily offset by the fact that they are extremely unreliable.

If all you care about is speed, get a stripped down 335i with no options and chip it. Then, again, you will do better yet with a stripped down mustang GT. G37 is a fun to drive car that's kind of classy and is very reliable + a great value. That's why I have one

Last edited by Alex57r; 01-03-2011 at 03:11 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:08 PM
Coprolite

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Drive them both, I did. If the 3 had undergone the overdue facelift to update the aging interior and lack of technology, I would have swallowed the price differential. As of right now, the G has the complete package, especially if you are leasing. When the lease comes up, you can compare the G vs. the new 3. However, don't listen to anyone on this forum. Decide for yourself. My wife was converted when we tested out the '11 Gs, even though it had been only about a year since we tried out the '09 models. She had her mind set on a 3. For us it was the small things and it basically came down to chemistry. The G37 7AT Prem/Sport/Nav had the right stuff and for much less.

In short:
1)The only power numbers that matter are what you feel when you test drive them back to back.
2)The only options that matter are the ones that make a difference to you. e.g. We absolutely love reverse cameras, some people(with scuffed rear bumpers) don't care.
3)After evaluating the feel and what options you absolutely want, compare the prices. Ask yourself if one car is worth 1.xx times the other(avoiding buyer's price regret). If you feel that you end up "settling" for the cheaper car, that's the opposite.
4)It is only a car. You can buy the other one next time if this one doesn't work out. Both seem to have some big potential shortcomings for some people, but the vast majority don't even notice...
Old 01-03-2011, 06:50 PM
Elco
Registered Member

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
Here in Europe, BMW, Audi, Mercedes, etc... are all over the streets. So this cars wont get any atention.
The G37 instead, is a very, i mean VERY VERY rare car. Peoples allways steare at them when waiting at the stoplight wandering "what's that" (especialy the coupe and vert)

If you are lucking for low end torqe, get a 3.0L or 4.2L diesel BMW or Audi.
There's no petrol engine that can match the torque of turbo-diesel engine.
Diesel engines can be easely tuned to get alot more power than stock.
Beside, they get an unbelieveble MPG compared to any petrol car.
But there's no fun driving a diesel...

In my opinion, the petrol car's are more fun to drive than SC/TC cars.
All the SC/TC cars (diesel or petrol) suffer on relaibility.
The turbine, EGR, BOV and intercooler failures are very common on this cars.
I own an auto repair shop and i see this kind of failures every day.

If you whant a realy realy fast 0-60 car, get a nitromethane dragster.
No BMW can beat that.

Beside, the Infiniti's interior design is waaaay better than any other regular german car.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:41 AM
majin ssj eric

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mine has run a 13.8@102 bone stock. This car is just too heavy. Check out the 370Z's numbers to see what the VQ is capable of when it isn't pulling around an extra 400 lbs....
Old 01-04-2011, 02:41 AM
SPDCRZ

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
I tested out the 335 and I can say that the enjoyment of the g37 is way better, and even though people may say the 335 is faster, it sure doesn't feel or look like it.

The infiniti guy who sold me my g37xs actually made me go to the bmw dealer with him and test drive a 335 with him and I can see why! Apparently he does this all the time and every time people choose the g37. After comparing the two I find it hard to believe that the bmw is quicker. I mean the throttle response is worse and everything.

It might be a personal preference but then again how come everyone who test drives both chooses the g37?

Quick Reply: 0-60 and 1/4, fastest in the new 7 speed?