G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Dashboard Conversion For Canadians

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 05:30 AM
Raven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
unfortunately the mileage and trip meters on the dash can't be changed to metric. but the ones on touchscreen are changed easily..
Old 06-14-2009, 04:12 AM
HP_John

I just found out that as long as you get an optional pkg, the G37 sedan has a $4000 cash deal credit, & the coupe has a $3500 cash deal credit (not sure if you need to add a pkg to the coupe), so the difference is even more in favour of buying local instead of importing.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:06 PM
mak545

hey every one is their any way if i can change the odometer digital part which shows how many km my car is drove?? as i want in km not in miles in my g37 2008 help plz
Old 06-23-2012, 07:15 PM
XCoop

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
So what about all the the other guages and controls, eh? The fuel eh, oil eh, a/c eh, and volume eh? Do a full on Canadian conversion, eh.

I don't blame you for wanting to do a conversion. I'd rather drive 100 than 65, even if it is the same speed! I think it also shows a little Canadian pride to convert the US stuff, rather than conform to it.

Back in the early 90's, I needed to drive from a rental car from Detroit to Toronto. I rented a cheap 3 door hatchback with no cruise control. The QE highway that connects these cities is primarily straight, flat, with no shrubs or trees on the sides. There was no traffic that day, so there wasn't any visual clues for speed, and with the stereo bumpin', I wasn't aware of how high my speed had crept up. I go under an overpass and in the median hidden by the bridge, I see the oldest police officer I have ever seen, driving a crappy old compact police black & white cruiser, with the huge bubble-gum flasher light globe on top. In the states, the light bars had replaced all the globes, and custom paint replaced the black & whites a decade earlier. I couldn't believe I missed him until it was too late. He didn't even pull out fast after me, at one point he had completely disappeared in my rearview. He still hadn't turned on his flashers, and I even thought about taking the next exit, but I didn't want to make a bad situation worse. I slowed to the speed limit, but it took him five miles to catch up to me. He wrote me up for 149, as he said if he wrote the 152 I was going, he would have to take me in. It was a really expensive ticket, and I always joked that I was waiting for a proper Dollar/Looney conversion to be really cheap to pay it off. My insurance didn't raise, and I haven't driven in Ontario since. I've thought about it a few times when I have driven in Alberta and BC more recently, but I haven't been pulled over, and I'm guessing the statute of limitations on the first ticket has long expired.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:33 PM
blackvr4tt

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by mak545
hey every one is their any way if i can change the odometer digital part which shows how many km my car is drove?? as i want in km not in miles in my g37 2008 help plz
Short answer, no you can't convert the odometer.