Letter i sent to Infiniti today

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 06:59 PM
Josh-G37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Letter i sent to Infiniti today

I sent this to Infiniti 5 minutes ago.

"To whom it may concern,

After having the battery unconnected then reconnected from my car due to a light needing to be changed the windows on my 2008 G37 the windows did not return to their normal state of operation. When functioning normal, once the door is open the window cracks about 1/4 inch, then once you close the door the window go back up the 1/4 inch closing all the way. Well mine did not. It would crack the 1/4 inch once opened but it would not go back up once the door was closed. So if i kept opening and closing the door without manually rolling my windows back up it would be all the way down. Also the 1/4/ it does stay cracked is just enough to let water in causing damage to a top dollar vehicle.

Right off the bat i had no clue as how to fix this problem nor had i ever heard of such a thing. So i had my girlfriend call up my local Infiniti dealership to see if they might now how to fix the problem. After explaining the problem at hand she was told right away that she would need to bring that car in to have the windows reprogramed at that would cost $110 and it is not covered by warranty. So i told her to hold off so i could do some research.

After about 5 minutes of researching i found out it is a common problem and it can easily be fixed. All you have to do is, Hold the window buttons in the down position for 15 seconds and then in the up position for 15 seconds and that should reset your windows. She did just that and it worked like a charm. The windows are now functioning like new.

Now this is the problem i have. How come one of the service members couldn't have just told her to do that in the first place and if that didn't work then she would have to bring the car in and pay the $110 to have the windows "reprogramed". It just comes off a bit crooked to me and i feel sorry for the unsuspecting customers that did not do their own research.

I am a very proud Infiniti owner and today i was greatly let down. The term "finest service available" in my eyes isn't just simply charging $110 for a simple 30 second fix a 3 year old can do. "
Old 06-05-2009, 07:05 PM
g37mobbin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sorry to hear that the dealership tried to jipp you out of $110. to you for taking the ingestive to do your research where the average joe would just cough up the money. Honestly, i think all dealerships are the same and after your money. To date, i only know two good dealerships that took me serious and arent for my money and always suggested advice or help me out on the mech. downtime or after hours...needless to say they were both Nissan and Infiniti Dealerships
Old 06-05-2009, 07:06 PM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

A lot of dealerships suck and are just out to get your money, unfortunately. They tried to pull this kind of thing with me when i told them i just wanted to reset my airbag light.

I removed the passenger seat and put it back in, and the light turned on. Ive heard that the dealership charges like $65 dollars to reset the light. All it involves is turning the ignition on, off, and waiting a few seconds in between.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:06 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
See, I just saved you $110!!!

Me asking $10 is a steal!

Hahaha! Just kidding man. But yeah that's not cool AT ALL. It's a good thing you're on the boards or else you woulda been screwed over Glad I could help ya.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:07 PM
DrJones

Did you send the letter to Infiniti Consumer Affairs or to the dealership or Infiniti's American Headquarters?
Old 06-05-2009, 07:07 PM
DrJones

Originally Posted by oOmikeyboy
A lot of dealerships suck and are just out to get your money, unfortunately. They tried to pull this kind of thing with me when i told them i just wanted to reset my airbag light.

I removed the passenger seat and put it back in, and the light turned on. Ive heard that the dealership charges like $65 dollars to reset the light. All it involves is turning the ignition on, off, and waiting a few seconds in between.

Sorry for the hi-jack... Hows the ride Mikey.... get all the water out?
Old 06-05-2009, 07:08 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hopefully that will be good for a free oil change and a donut. Yea that's pure robbery.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:09 PM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

Originally Posted by DrJones
Sorry for the hi-jack... Hows the ride Mikey.... get all the water out?
Yeah i think i did, no leaks so far either. Everything seems to be good..
Old 06-05-2009, 07:10 PM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
WTF?! are you serious. Thats mess up, so glad you didn't pay that. not cover under warranty lol wth
Old 06-05-2009, 07:14 PM
Josh-G37

Dr Jones. I sent it to all three lol. I don't know if they where trying to take advantage of my girl just because she is.. well a chick and for the most part they don't know jack about cars lol. But it really got under my kin and after seeing i wasn't the first i had to do something about it. And yes Gamedog i owe you!
Old 06-05-2009, 07:33 PM
adamball89

i had the same problem and went i went to the dealer they did it for free why would they even think about charging you for that
Old 06-05-2009, 07:37 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
You did capitalize your "I's" before sending this letter, right?
Old 06-05-2009, 08:46 PM
G-Rocket

ha-ha, gotta love those dealers!!
They introduced me to the Infiniti for the first time as the new turbo version of Infiniti. Anything for the money!
Old 06-05-2009, 08:56 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
well put, im glad you addressed this issue to Infiniti because who knows how many people get jipped over small things like this..
Old 06-05-2009, 09:18 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
it's not the same case for every dealership.

Quick Reply: Letter i sent to Infiniti today