G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Letter i sent to Infiniti today

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 09:45 PM
kingkong79

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not all dealers are that bad. I blew the main fuse by shorting a wire and got it replaced for no charge. All they said was "Man that is weird, did somebody work on your car?"
Old 06-05-2009, 10:08 PM
TJHG37S

Do they try to charge you for blinker fluid when you get your oil changed too?
Old 06-05-2009, 10:15 PM
DrJones

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Josh-G37
Dr Jones. I sent it to all three lol. I don't know if they where trying to take advantage of my girl just because she is.. well a chick and for the most part they don't know jack about cars lol. But it really got under my kin and after seeing i wasn't the first i had to do something about it. And yes Gamedog i owe you!

I would also send one to the local paper or media outlet.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:03 PM
SkyMG37x
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think this dealership was obviously trying to take advantage of you. They could have very easily pointed you to the page in your owner's manual that explains your exact situation and how to reset the window's auto adjusting function.

Now please don't take this as a jab. This information was clearly provided in your manual. Considering how technical many of the features of this car there will always be questions and the manual usually has answers as it did here. Unfortunately the dealer was being a scumbag by trying to steal from you rather than simply tell you what to do or point you to the information, and for that I agree they deserve to be called out.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:52 AM
notalk

Josh-G37, which dealership? I have had problems with Infiniti of Scottsdale wanting to charge to repair small problems under warranty. I have been tempted to try Superstition and am wondering if it was Superstition who tried to charge you one hour labor for this? Thanks.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:09 AM
Josh-G37

DrJones, Currently i am overseas so for me to take the time to look in the manual is out of the question. I for one would just hope when paying for a top dollar car they might not try and f people as much as they do. But i guess thats just my opinion.

Notalk, it was Infiniti of Superstition Springs. That is the place i got my car and i have my work done. Its only 5 minutes from my house so that is why i go there. lol i cant wait till i bring in my car with my new CAI's to see what they say lol.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:18 AM
Josh-G37

"Do they try to charge you for blinker fluid when you get your oil changed too?"

You must be a former military man with that one?
Old 06-06-2009, 12:58 PM
CEELOSG37S
LA G Club

I sent this to Infiniti 5 minutes ago.

"To whom it may concern,

After having the battery unconnected then reconnected from my car due to a light needing to be changed the windows on my 2008 G37 the windows did not return to their normal state of operation. When functioning normal, once the door is open the window cracks about 1/4 inch, then once you close the door the window go back up the 1/4 inch closing all the way. Well mine did not. It would crack the 1/4 inch once opened but it would not go back up once the door was closed. So if i kept opening and closing the door without manually rolling my windows back up it would be all the way down. Also the 1/4/ it does stay cracked is just enough to let water in causing damage to a top dollar vehicle.

Right off the bat i had no clue as how to fix this problem nor had i ever heard of such a thing. So i had my girlfriend call up my local Infiniti dealership to see if they might now how to fix the problem. After explaining the problem at hand she was told right away that she would need to bring that car in to have the windows reprogramed at that would cost $110 and it is not covered by warranty. So i told her to hold off so i could do some research.

After about 5 minutes of researching i found out it is a common problem and it can easily be fixed. All you have to do is, Hold the window buttons in the down position for 15 seconds and then in the up position for 15 seconds and that should reset your windows. She did just that and it worked like a charm. The windows are now functioning like new.

Now this is the problem i have. How come one of the service members couldn't have just told her to do that in the first place and if that didn't work then she would have to bring the car in and pay the $110 to have the windows "reprogramed". It just comes off a bit crooked to me and i feel sorry for the unsuspecting customers that did not do their own research.

I am a very proud Infiniti owner and today i was greatly let down. The term "finest service available" in my eyes isn't just simply charging $110 for a simple 30 second fix a 3 year old can do. "

Same thing happened to me with the window situation when I had finished installing my intakes. I called the dealer right after I finished the installation and they told me I was going to have to bring the car in to the service department. When I got there I explained the situation to my service advisor, she got in the car, closed the door, sat in there for about 20-30 seconds, and the problem was fixed, no charge. I asked her how come they didnt tell me that over the phone, and she told me that if what she did wouldnt have worked then I would have had to leave the car there so they can check it out and find out the problem.
Old 06-06-2009, 02:20 PM
notalk

Notalk, it was Infiniti of Superstition Springs. That is the place i got my car and i have my work done. Its only 5 minutes from my house so that is why i go there.

Thanks. I wonder if Nissan/Infiniti put any thought into their dealer base. Phoenix, the fifth most populous metropolitan area in the U.S. has four Infiniti dealers; three under the same ownership and the fourth (Superstitution Springs) the farthest away from most of the population.

Bottom line; there is no competition amongst the Phoenix area Infiniti dealers so none of the dealers have any reason/incentive to do any better job than the already do.

Advantage: dealer.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:18 AM
DashKid
Banned

HOLY COW $110 to fix a window. This is why they call it the stealership.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:24 AM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Minimum labor of 1-hr @ $110, generally the same at any dealership but they should have fixed it for you for free, especially if you got the car there but either way the service manager should have let it go.
Old 06-07-2009, 05:22 PM
w0ady

pretty crappy. a lot of dealerships are like this but not all. i know mine takes care of me but ive heard stories from other people who werent so lucky.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:39 PM
bunluvsvw

I would be an azz and bring the manual up to that service manager and ask them wtf? Ask them how they are gonna charge $110 to "reprogram" the windows when its in the owners manual. Make him look like an *** and make sure you do it when theres alot of customers around.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:26 AM
andromeda

I sent this to Infiniti 5 minutes ago.

"To whom it may concern,

After having the battery unconnected then reconnected from my car due to a light needing to be changed the windows on my 2008 G37 the windows did not return to their normal state of operation. When functioning normal, once the door is open the window cracks about 1/4 inch, then once you close the door the window go back up the 1/4 inch closing all the way. Well mine did not. It would crack the 1/4 inch once opened but it would not go back up once the door was closed. So if i kept opening and closing the door without manually rolling my windows back up it would be all the way down. Also the 1/4/ it does stay cracked is just enough to let water in causing damage to a top dollar vehicle.

Right off the bat i had no clue as how to fix this problem nor had i ever heard of such a thing. So i had my girlfriend call up my local Infiniti dealership to see if they might now how to fix the problem. After explaining the problem at hand she was told right away that she would need to bring that car in to have the windows reprogramed at that would cost $110 and it is not covered by warranty. So i told her to hold off so i could do some research.

After about 5 minutes of researching i found out it is a common problem and it can easily be fixed. All you have to do is, Hold the window buttons in the down position for 15 seconds and then in the up position for 15 seconds and that should reset your windows. She did just that and it worked like a charm. The windows are now functioning like new.

Now this is the problem i have. How come one of the service members couldn't have just told her to do that in the first place and if that didn't work then she would have to bring the car in and pay the $110 to have the windows "reprogramed". It just comes off a bit crooked to me and i feel sorry for the unsuspecting customers that did not do their own research.

I am a very proud Infiniti owner and today i was greatly let down. The term "finest service available" in my eyes isn't just simply charging $110 for a simple 30 second fix a 3 year old can do. "

I'm glad you did this. They are all (or almost) scammers. I hope you put their names down otherwise your letter is of no value.

Something similar happened to my 4runner with the back window and they fixed it w/o charging me anything.

-A
Old 06-08-2009, 08:13 AM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That is kinda funny.

Think about it, 15 seconds down, 15 seconds up. Total of 30 seconds of labor for 110 dollars.

If you do the math that is $13,200 dollars PER HOUR for labor.

Quick Reply: Letter i sent to Infiniti today