G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What if your NEW G37 had been painted by the dealer and they didnt disclose it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 01:21 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
That is not sound logic. Would you buy his car knowing it had been wrecked or a different one that was exactly the same that hadn't? Eventually he will sell it, and then he'll take the hit if he is honest and discloses the damage. For me personally, there is no way I will ever buy any car that has been in a collision period unless I'm buying it strictly for parts. I dont think I'm alone or even in the minority in that opinion. And there are a number of folks who take very good carsthat will still be in excellent shape when they sell it even though its a daily driver. Mine for example still qualifies as excellent with over 44K miles.
A car that qualifies as "excellent" would be a car that is, literally, in showroom condition. An example of this would be a car that you could put on consignment, put on the showroom floor of a dealership, and put a for sale sign on it. This means no paint chips, fresh tires, fresh brakes, all fluids changed, etc. Pretty much any daily driven car is automatically disqualified from this status; "excellent" is typically reserved for garage queens and collector cars.

Given that you daily drive your car, I'm sure your paint has SOME sort of blemishes somewhere. On the flip side, given that your car is meticulously maintained, regularly detailed, and definately in great shape, I'd say you're pretty damn close.

KBB has excellent as a "retail" figure.... heavily inflated figures that none of the other pricing services agree with (edmunds, black book, nada, redbook, auctions, etc.)

Just my $0.02 from having been in the automotive business a few years...
Old 06-04-2009, 11:20 PM
thespur1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oucch that must have sucked
Old 06-05-2009, 10:49 PM
G_Thang

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
WELL WELL WELL.. So I have some updates to my case. Infiniti consumer affairs finally told me about a repair order after I beat it out of em. They finally told me of a blank repair order the day the dealer took delivery of the car. ICA called the dealership and they confessed to ICA the car had been damaged during transit. I'm glad the GM didnt lie to me and tell me multiple times they didnt touch it. What a fukcin turd. These guys are ALL a bunch of crooks. So now I have the factory involved and hopefully going after the dealer for:
1) not disclosing this
2) trying to cover it up by filing out a blank repair order
3) continuing to lie after it was discovered
4) just being a bunch of turds

Regarding the whole KBB value discussion, as BB said.. most car enthusiasts (nealry all G37 owners Im sure) will shy away when they know it has painted. This more than likely means I'll have to settle for a lower selling price and for what? Dealers negligence? Fa get about it!! I'll hang em out to dry.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:54 AM
hebguy03
Registered Member

Originally Posted by G_Thang
WELL WELL WELL.. So I have some updates to my case. Infiniti consumer affairs finally told me about a repair order after I beat it out of em. They finally told me of a blank repair order the day the dealer took delivery of the car. ICA called the dealership and they confessed to ICA the car had been damaged during transit. I'm glad the GM didnt lie to me and tell me multiple times they didnt touch it. What a fukcin turd. These guys are ALL a bunch of crooks. So now I have the factory involved and hopefully going after the dealer for:
1) not disclosing this
2) trying to cover it up by filing out a blank repair order
3) continuing to lie after it was discovered
4) just being a bunch of turds

Regarding the whole KBB value discussion, as BB said.. most car enthusiasts (nealry all G37 owners Im sure) will shy away when they know it has painted. This more than likely means I'll have to settle for a lower selling price and for what? Dealers negligence? Fa get about it!! I'll hang em out to dry.
Are you planning to contact the local media? Sounds like something a local television news station would jump on!
Old 06-06-2009, 02:00 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
A possible solution: Ask if the dealership will agree to give you trade in value of "excellent" + (whatever amount of value on top of that you feel is appropriate) towards a new purchase of your next car or buy it outright for retail value + X amount of cash when you are ready for a new car and want to buy elsewhere. Tell them this will satisfy you and you'll pursue the issue no further with Infiniti corporate or make a huge deal in the local media. Of course, you'd have to get this in writing. They may not go for it for a variety of reasons, but it's a thought.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:34 PM
is300tardtoter

Just wondering if you are dealing with Dreyer and Reinbold in Indy? That's where I got my G from and they now make me want to run my head into the wall. Their customer service blows and I'll probably be going to Ft. Wayne for now on.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:33 AM
HP_John

Originally Posted by Black Betty
A possible solution: Ask if the dealership will agree to give you trade in value of "excellent" + (whatever amount of value on top of that you feel is appropriate) towards a new purchase of your next car or buy it outright for retail value + X amount of cash when you are ready for a new car and want to buy elsewhere. Tell them this will satisfy you and you'll pursue the issue no further with Infiniti corporate or make a huge deal in the local media. Of course, you'd have to get this in writing. They may not go for it for a variety of reasons, but it's a thought.
Dealer will never do this. This may be 1 of those dealers that never gives people fair value for their car even if it's in excellent condition. They have no idea how many accidents TS could end up getting into before he trades it in. Fair thing is to ask for something upfront, not something later on (too unpredictable).
Old 06-08-2009, 06:36 PM
AustinG35

Originally Posted by Mike
The legal definition of a "NEW" car is one that has not been registered.

That being said, it is pretty common for a dealer to repaint cars that have the paint damaged. If there was THAT MUCH painting done, then.... I'd look into physical damage. If there is physical damage, you have a pretty strong case against the dealer and I would pursue legal action.
I'm going to agree with you. My auto detailer has to detail and fix dealer cars for BMW, Mercedes, and Infiniti on a DAILY basis due to unloading and scratching the cars. Also, here in Texas a car can be sold new with up to like 1200 miles on it.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:34 AM
w0ady

crazy story. but not sure you're going to get much out of infiniti.