G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

G wrecked

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 09:32 PM
KnoxvilleG37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Glad to hear you're ok man. Accidents can happen in the blink of an eye, that's for damn sure. Hopefully everything will get worked out with your insurance very fast, they'll declare it totaled, and you'll be in a brand spankin new G!
Old 05-29-2009, 09:46 PM
iLlmAtIc21390

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys I really appreciate your support!

Hopefully everything will be okay. I just got one problem now. I have to set up a damn appointment with the adjuster for him to come and see it two weeks ahead of time. What the hell is this right? The lady at progressive said that the adjuster has to come and see the G and take pictures and look over it and then it could take another 3 weeks for a decision which will be sent to me in the mail or I'll be called? Is this right? I'll be without a car for almost a month and a half. They told me that the adjuster would be there today now I get some different info.

I'm confused out of my azz....
Old 05-29-2009, 09:55 PM
boostard

When I had my RX7 stolen (after they found it, in a condition which the policed called a "surgical strip") I had to have an adjuster come out and view the... well... shell... after which time it took a little while for the amount received as reimbursement to come in. Of course the insurance company (USAA, they are VERY good if you can get them BTW) also paid for a rental car for the 1+ month that I had to wait between reporting my car stolen and when I actually got a settlement.

Depending on your insurance provider and coverage they may pay for some or all of the cost of a rental vehicle.You should ask them about that.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:59 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by iLlmAtIc21390
Thanks guys I really appreciate your support!

Hopefully everything will be okay. I just got one problem now. I have to set up a damn appointment with the adjuster for him to come and see it two weeks ahead of time. What the hell is this right? The lady at progressive said that the adjuster has to come and see the G and take pictures and look over it and then it could take another 3 weeks for a decision which will be sent to me in the mail or I'll be called? Is this right? I'll be without a car for almost a month and a half. They told me that the adjuster would be there today now I get some different info.

I'm confused out of my azz....
Make them get you a rental... That's you right. If the other party is not as responsive as you would like for them to be you might consider subrogation. I always prefer to subrogate (go through your own Insurance Co an have them work to recover your losses from the other insurance co) . My insurance company is generally more responsive than the other insured and it takes me out of the hassle of negotiating with an adjuster that may not have your best interest in mind even though you were not at fault. Graham works in the industry. He may be able to give you some beenficial advice on thi stopis as well.
Old 05-30-2009, 03:58 AM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry to hear, good luck.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:20 AM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That seems BS. I wrecked my G35. The adjuster came out, took pictures and looked at everything. I got a call the next day with the estimate and gave me my choices.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:28 AM
DrJones

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
+1 on making them pay for your rental..... even if you have to secure it with your own credit card.... when it comes time for the final bill all you need do is call up her insurance company OR give her insurance info to the rental agency at the time of the rental.... I would go ASAP.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:03 AM
superslick

Sorry to hear about your accident. Glad ur ok. I think u might have things confused. I am an adjuster for Prog in south florida. We try to look at your car within 24-48 hours. If ur car is repairable or if it totals, we will call you and let you know right away. If repairable, we tell you how long to expect it to be at the body shop. If it totals, we try to settle within the first 3-7 days. Things should be quick. Hope things work out for you.