Sponsored By:

creaking sound when going up or down slopes/steep driveways

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 10:14 PM
DPE_G35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
creaking sound when going up or down slopes/steep driveways

hey guys,

i have this creaking noise that always appears when im going up or down driveways, the noise is coming around from the trunk area, and it gets anoying, im gonna take the spare and the tools out for tomrrow and see if that helps. what can it be

thnx
Old 05-22-2009, 10:53 AM
Achilles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ahhh yes, welcome to Infiniti. Does it only do it when ur in a straight line going up and down or when your just about the enter or exit a driveway at an angle?
Old 05-22-2009, 10:55 AM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

You sure its from the trunk area? Mine creaks from the driver A pillar. And yes, we all have this issue..
Old 05-22-2009, 12:12 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Ya you might listen again to be sure where it is coming from. It's hard to tell at first. Most of us have had the A-Pillar creak. It can be fixed if you take it to the dealer. Either way- if it is coming from the trunk- still take it in to the dealer and they will fix it.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:19 PM
Sha37

I had the same issue but from the drive side pillar, they fixed it after staying at the dealer for about 10 days. Now the creaking noise comes from the roof just passed the sunroof. I might try to have them fix it next oil change. It is almost not worth it. The cover over my pillar now has a small bump in it, cant really see it but I was not happy with their work, I rather they don’t mess with it too much.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:11 PM
Kev G37S

oh yeah.. it's "normal" I suppose? I got the same freakin' cracking sounds and the roof as well..
Old 05-26-2009, 03:18 PM
Achilles

Originally Posted by Sha37
I had the same issue but from the drive side pillar, they fixed it after staying at the dealer for about 10 days. Now the creaking noise comes from the roof just passed the sunroof. I might try to have them fix it next oil change. It is almost not worth it. The cover over my pillar now has a small bump in it, cant really see it but I was not happy with their work, I rather they don’t mess with it too much.
Originally Posted by Kev G37S
oh yeah.. it's "normal" I suppose? I got the same freakin' cracking sounds and the roof as well..
Sounds like you guys have the broken welds issue up in the roof area near the sunroof. Do a search, many threads about this known issue. It has to be sent to the body shop to have them re-welded/corrected if it is the broken welds.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:23 PM
gan78mao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mine comes from the roof area!
Old 05-26-2009, 07:15 PM
Stanislav

Yeah, have the same issue. Loud creacking noise coming from the roof area. This is especially noticiable when you have uncovered sunroof under liner.
Based on my previous experience with multiple Infiniti dealerships, I'm not going to take it in for them to rip it apart and "try" to fix it. Most of the time, they will brake something while trying to fix a problem. Kind of sucks for a nice car to have this common issue - def. a flaw on the design of the vehicle. But again, nothing is perfect... lol
Old 05-27-2009, 09:23 AM
Achilles

Originally Posted by Stanislav
Yeah, have the same issue. Loud creacking noise coming from the roof area. This is especially noticiable when you have uncovered sunroof under liner.
Based on my previous experience with multiple Infiniti dealerships, I'm not going to take it in for them to rip it apart and "try" to fix it. Most of the time, they will brake something while trying to fix a problem. Kind of sucks for a nice car to have this common issue - def. a flaw on the design of the vehicle. But again, nothing is perfect... lol
If it is the broken welds, Infiniti sends it out. They don't fix this issue on-site. They have to send it to a body shop. Might be worth the hassle??
Old 05-27-2009, 10:44 AM
'TardPatrol
Banned

Originally Posted by oOmikeyboy
You sure its from the trunk area? Mine creaks from the driver A pillar. And yes, we all have this issue..
Blatantly false statement! I don't have any creaking whatsoever as do the majority.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:58 AM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

Originally Posted by 'TardPatrol
Blatantly false statement! I don't have any creaking whatsoever as do the majority.
Then i guess i got two unlucky Infiniti's that had this problem.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:04 AM
Achilles

Originally Posted by 'TardPatrol
Many on this forum have this. Interior rattles in Nissans is like white on rice. Nissan is notorious for this issue (along with soft paint). Do a search on this forum and you'll find the threads about the rattles and broken welds up in the roof area by the sunroof.

Infiniti QA/Design engineers --> <-- Infiniti owners
Old 06-03-2009, 01:01 AM
ak47
Banned

I went to the dealer cause i had the same noise. Take brake cleaners not windex yes brake cleaner and open your sunroof spray the cleaner on a towel and clean all around the sunroof insert and the rubber that goes around the front of the sunroof that you see. It will go away for a little while and will come back. Its dirt you cant really see that get between the sunroof and the insert. I have been doing it once a month and it hasent come back yet.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:43 PM
jrg881

Have had this problem as well.. Definitely really annoying on a car that's supposed to be competing with the high end competition.. Hopefully we'll get it to a body shop sometime soon.

Quick Reply: creaking sound when going up or down slopes/steep driveways