G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Puddles of water in the G..

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 10:21 PM
HamstersG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, but I-4 past the last Deland exit until you hit Daytona is a great strip of pavement if you pick the right day/time and have a great radar detector and some luck....

Originally Posted by oOmikeyboy
Thanks, i'll check it out. Deland is about an hour from where i am.
Old 05-24-2009, 01:12 AM
G37kitten

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, reading your story really ticked me off. I can't believe the way that alarm installer treated you. What a first class jerk!!! Other words come to mine, but I'm showing restraint and good manners here or I'd use every obscentity in the book. I'm glad you are going to contact the BBB, because I think they may be able to help you recoup your money. Just for the record, I think you are an awesome, stand-up guy to handle things as classy as you have. Truth is, the creep doesn't deserve to get out of paying for this. Imagine how many other vehicles he is damaging from his negligence and incompetence. Anyway, I really hope things work out and that you can get this neanderthal to compensate you for your loss. Also nice to see another FL G owner. I'm up in the Panhandle and have an 08' myself. Let us know how things turn out!!
Old 05-24-2009, 08:34 AM
levin91e

You made a good choice pulling the interior to dry it out, and doing the work yourself. Why would you want some incompentent guy that isn't getting paid to take apart your interior. You know it won't be put back together properly. Also I would wash and shampoo the the rug and then let it dry out for a few days, instead of just letting it dry and then putting it back in.

BTW can you take pics of this hole where the water is coming in from. That must be a massive hole to take in that much water. I have seen this happen before from A/C drain plugged.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:12 AM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

Yes i'll take pics of the hole that they made for anyones future reference. I cant today because i work all day, but monday is when i'll start to shampoo and dry the rugs. I'll also snap some clearer pics for anyone who wants to see what it looks like under the carpet.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:51 PM
kieranlavin

I think the path you're going down is the right one. Try drying it and see what happens. For peace of mind, there are TONS of mold consultants out there in the construction industry that have moisture meters and such that could tell you how good of a job you did if you bring the car to them weeks or months down the road. At that point if the moisture consultant tells you the carpet needs to be ripped out and replaced, go after the alarm installer. Make sure you document everything now (it seems you are). I would send the alarm installer a letter "putting him on notice" as to your intended path of fixing his f-up. Let him know you will try to dry it yourself and then have a moisture consultant check it and, if it needs to be replaced, you expect him to pay or you will take him to court. Then you've got proof that the carpet needs to be replaced (satisfying the question of the person on lawyers.com - you've had an independent analysis performed and test results to prove that the carpet needs to be replaced) and should win in court. I do agree that likely drying it will do the trick. It's new enough that there shouldn't be much dirt or food or anything in the water/carpet which would cause mold.

As for the car now being considered to be flooded and thus a salvage title, the only way that would POSSIBLY happen is if you went to your auto insurance. Even then, I don't think that they would consider the car flooded.

Good luck with getting the car back to satisfactory driving condition so you can enjoy
Old 05-27-2009, 10:54 AM
oOmikeyboy

Heres a pic of the hole. Apparently the installer ran the siren wire and a random white wire connected to NOTHING through this hole.. and the grommet pictured here was off. I pushed it back in removed any wires coming out before snapping the pic.

Here is a white wire coming out the passenger side of the car.. i guess he ran it through the driver side, and suddenly realized the proper way was to run it here. He left the siren on the other side, however.

I cut the siren wire and rerouted it from the driver side to the passenger side. thus eliminating any wires coming through the driver side.

And heres a few pics of the interior with no carpet. yesterday i put the seat back into the car so i could go to work. Man, the car hauls like crazy w/ out the extra weight..but its very unbalanced now.

Anyways, i put gasket sealant liberally all over both grommet sides, and so far the car hasn't been leaking. It rained pretty hard yesterday so i'll see. going to let the rest of the carpet dry outside of the car and i'll put it all back in this coming monday.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:21 AM
Achilles

That totally sux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you get your G into good shape again.

Hey, what's the name of the install place you used so that others know to avoid it???
Old 05-27-2009, 11:22 AM
oOmikeyboy

auto sound factory, orlando florida.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:50 PM
Achilles

Originally Posted by oOmikeyboy
auto sound factory, orlando florida.
Roger that Ghostrider!!!

Auto sound factory of Orlando Florida --> <-- Infiniti owners
Old 05-27-2009, 03:08 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This is the craziest thing I have ever read
Old 05-27-2009, 09:37 PM
Samuel19

Thats just crazy! I would have gone nuts and sued the audo sound factory for a new carpet and the amount they charged you for the crappy install, along with any other damages caused by the water.
But I admire the way you handled things. I wouldn't be able to keep my cool like that.