Sponsored By:

Puddles of water in the G..

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 10:44 PM
SFG37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check the door seal on the bottom side.
Been through any puddles lately?
Also feel the bottom of the door panel. Is it damp?
Old 05-20-2009, 11:26 PM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

The windows still go up. We just went outside and sprayed the hose on the window edges for a good 5 minutes, no leakage... on full blast. On a side note, the puddle in the front near the dead pedal is about 1.25" deep.

the car has been lowered.. but no i don't think driving through puddles will cause it. like i said, it accumulates as the car is parked.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:30 PM
SFG37S

Windshield leak?
Old 05-20-2009, 11:33 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Damn, this would irritate me like crazy. Had the same problem before, but it was on a 10+ year old Toyota Camry!!

Hope you get it fixed man. And +1 on getting new rugs from the dealer.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:47 PM
oOmikeyboy

Thanks.. i'm going to be making a trip to infiniti early as possible tomorrow. Thats exactly what i was thinking.. never before have i experienced a leaking car.. especially not on a 2008 infiniti.

The bottom of the door had water drops.. but theres no way water could have gotten in through there to form a puddle like that??
Old 05-21-2009, 03:20 AM
gan78mao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
keep us updated ! on my families QX4, it was the AC compressor. hope u get this resolved soon!
Old 05-21-2009, 09:04 AM
Gsanta

i used to drive an '02 solara and the ac was clooged up the seat and there was a huge puddle on the floor in the back seats. It also smelled musty...so if you have the same problem thats probably it.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:23 AM
K&NG37

Good luck dude - very very strange but I agree with the others, I think it's the A/C!!
Old 05-21-2009, 10:52 AM
Tillyhawk19

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im near gville man and i got in my car yesterday and my pasenger door was wet i was like how did that happened !
Old 05-21-2009, 11:02 AM
gst19psi

Sorry about what happened to you man im hear in SoFLa too I will defintely double check my car for the next couple of days

The more time goes buy w/ me owning one of these cars the more I realize this car sucks & I made a huge mistake spending my money on this thing. Cuz Infiniti/Nissan sucks too.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:49 AM
'TardPatrol
Banned

Does that Florida humidity necessitate using your AC even while it's raining?

Originally Posted by XMMAN
it might be a clogged sunroof drain.. used to happen to vw's all the time when i worked there... when clogged it would drain into the carpets.. if the problem is covered under warranty make sure the change your rugs as well or else it will smell like kaka once it starts to dry up!
/\ I agree with this possible reason. I fixed a leaking Jetta once by pushing super heavy duty weed whacker line down through both sunroof drains.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:46 PM
iLlmAtIc21390

I've had this same problem. My moonroof started leaking really really bad. I took it to the dealer and turns out both drain holes for the moonroof were completely clogged. Service consultant told me that they have to be cleaned out a few times a year cause when you have the moonroof open all the time dirt accumulates in the drain holes near the moonroof tray area where it catches water. What they did was take an air compressor with a needle like head and stuck it down both drain holes and blew the air through the drain holes for a good five minutes. There is a way to know if it's your moonroof. Just open up the moonroof and take a bottle of water and pour it in the tray where it catches water. Make sure the water is going down the drain holes. Then get out of the car and look at the bottom of the car and you should see the water dripping out from underneath the car where the drain holes run out.

2 months later and no leaks
Old 05-21-2009, 05:39 PM
oOmikeyboy

Ok, i just got back from Infiniti.

They pinpointed the leak to a improperly closed grommet in the firewall due to the siren wire for the aftermarket alarm. Lets do the alarm story first:

I bought a viper 5901 and took it to a viper.com "certified" installer and they were unable to install it. They still charged me $200 for attempting. Then, they took out the viper 5901, and put in a Hornet 727T, which is a factory integrated solution. They then charged $150 for that. The Hornet solution still isn't working satisfactorily, but i said whatever. It took them over 30+ hours of trying to get it to work. They tell me the car is "too advanced" for a viper alarm. Fast forward 2 months..

The car is leaking. The dealership points out that its the alarm installation @ fault, and i called the owner of the alarm shop. He says yes he admits to the fault, and to "bring the car back and we will take out the carpet and dry it for you." I insist that the dealership says it needs to be replaced.

Infiniti tells me its $1200 for new carpets + labor & potential damage to the electrical components running near the carpet. I then give the service advisor the alarm shops telephone number & name so she can call and explain the situation. The alarm shop owner i spoke to said theres no way he's going to pay 700-800 for new carpet when all that needs to be done is to dry it out.

-cliff notes--
Pretty much, the alarm shop is responsible for the leakage, and now they have to take responsibility and pay the ~$1500 in damages that has been incurred due to a crappy install of an alarm.

Now my question to you guys is: What are my options?

Is this grounds for a lawsuit? who do i call in the orlando area?

Last edited by oOmikeyboy; 05-21-2009 at 05:50 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:48 PM
StopTheExcuses

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by oOmikeyboy
Ok, i just got back from Infiniti.

They pinpointed the leak to a improperly closed grommet due to the siren wire for the aftermarket alarm. Lets do the alarm story first:

I bought a viper 5901 and took it to a viper.com "certified" installer and they were unable to install it. They still charged me $200 for attempting. Then, they took out the viper 5901, and put in a Hornet 727T, which is a factory integrated solution. They then charged $150 for that. The Hornet solution still isn't working satisfactorily, but i said whatever. It took them over 30+ hours of trying to get it to work. They tell me the car is "too advanced" for a viper alarm. Fast forward 2 months..

The car is leaking. The dealership points out that its the alarm installation @ fault, and i called the owner of the alarm shop. He says yes he admits to the fault, and to "bring the car back and we will take out the carpet and dry it for you." I insist that the dealership says it needs to be replaced.

Infiniti tells me its $1200 for new carpets + labor & potential damage to the electrical components running near the carpet. I then give the service advisor the alarm shops telephone number & name so she can call and explain the situation. The alarm shop owner i spoke to said theres no way he's going to pay 700-800 for new carpet when all that needs to be done is to dry it out.

-cliff notes--
Pretty much, the alarm shop is responsible for the leakage, and now they have to take responsibility and pay the ~$1500 in damages that has been incurred due to a crappy install of an alarm.

Now my question to you guys is: What are my options?

Is this grounds for a lawsuit? who do i call in the orlando area?
Ouch!! Very sorry to hear that man! You gotta hate idiot installers, and there sure is a bunch of them now.

As far as what to do, hmmmm, that's a tough one. I would keep insisting that the place that installed your alarm to pay for new carpets. It that don't work, I would bring a little persuasion with me.

I had the same thing happen to me on a rebuilt transmission on my 94 gsr, owner not going to pay for nothing, blah, blah. Took a lil "muscle" with me, things started going my way real quick after that. I don't normally advocate doing business like that, but sometimes it's warranted.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:53 PM
oOmikeyboy

Thats what i was thinking. I am getting the dealership to talk to him and see if that helps.. theres not much "muscle" i can bring in without putting myself on the wrong side of the table, you know? As of now i seem to have the upper hand.

I really just wish they would man up and pay for the damages, and let it be done. theres no way i'm going to walk away from this one. He ripped me of $200 for a crappy alarm install, and now he thinks im going to pay $1500 in damages caused by his incompetence. Thats $1700 out of my pocket, for their mistakes? No thanks.

Id rather go to court and pay the lawyer, regardless of how much it costs. its the principle here...

Quick Reply: Puddles of water in the G..