G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Just dented my new car, how can I fix this and how much will it cost

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 02:13 PM
TJHG37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They use tools to pop/fix dents without painting, so if your paint is fine this is often a good option.S some people say it needs to be replaced but IMO see if a PDR guy in your area can fix it as they offer FREE estimates so it won't cost you anything except time to see if you can save yourself some $$$

Originally Posted by atag012
^ what exactly is a paintless repair because there is a hug dent, but the paint is close to fine, ececpt for a small spot where some got rubbed off, but it barley noticeable. Can i get this dent pulled out?
Old 05-08-2009, 03:15 PM
leeyeegue

its like either they'll somehow reach the inside of the dent by taking out ur headlights or so, and bang the dent out lol make it flat. maybe they will drill a hole in the middle of the dent from the outside, then use a tool attached to a string and pull the dent out, and fill then the hole (normally they do this to door dents, so that they don't rip off the door panels etc)
Old 05-08-2009, 03:49 PM
atag012

Ok Ill call one of those dent guys up. Hopefully they can fix it. I just put so much money into this car buying it, i really dont want to spend any more at this point. What are the people who fix the dents called, whats PDR? Do you guys know any good ones in LA area.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:40 PM
TJHG37S

You're in luck! The place I was refferring to is called Beach Cities PDR in Huntington Beach, send him photos from different angles of the damage and he'll let you know if he can get it out or not. Like I said, when I was there I saw some pics with GNARLY dents he pulled out so there's hope..

Ok Ill call one of those dent guys up. Hopefully they can fix it. I just put so much money into this car buying it, i really dont want to spend any more at this point. What are the people who fix the dents called, whats PDR? Do you guys know any good ones in LA area.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:52 PM
atag012

After work today I checked out some body shops which repair dents and this is what I got, this place will in dent it, make it smooth and repaint the part that got dented and part of the upper bumper which has a small part where some paint got chipped off for a grand total of $300. I don't know much about body fix up prices but sounds like a good deal, compared to replacing of which would a more than double, they said it would look exactly like it did, so I feel pretty safe and pretty relieved that I don't have to change the whole fender. Tell me what you think
Old 05-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
don't do it!!! once they put on that bondo it may crack near future and 300 for everything is way too cheap imo. is this shop reputable?

i would change the whole fender if i were you.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:16 PM
TJHG37S

I'm telling you man, send Beach Cities PDR some pics and if they can't fix it then you need to replace, don't do that $300 hack job on your $40k car...
Old 05-09-2009, 12:28 AM
atag012

^ But whats the difference. If it looks brand new why would it matter, and if i get clear coat on it it wouldn"t crack. Replacing the whole fender would be so expensive, and what does the bondo do that would make it crack in the future. Try and convince me not to do it because I'm goig=ng to have this car for 3 years and dont want to **** it up a week after I got it.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:42 AM
Weiboy718

i have nothing else to say except good luck on your repair.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:52 AM
TJHG37S

bondo=crap

there. if you won't believe us then Google search "bondo" + "crack" + "crap"

their $300 quote for repair+paint is too good to be true and they will SAY it'll look new, but what do you expect? "Oh, it won't look like new and may crack, do you still want to give us your money?"

They will do a "blend" of the affected area which WON'T look factory; you don't own a Civic hatchback, don't get a Civic-level repair.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:24 AM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by TJHG37S
bondo=crap

there. if you won't believe us then Google search "bondo" + "crack" + "crap"

their $300 quote for repair+paint is too good to be true and they will SAY it'll look new, but what do you expect? "Oh, it won't look like new and may crack, do you still want to give us your money?"

They will do a "blend" of the affected area which WON'T look factory; you don't own a Civic hatchback, don't get a Civic-level repair.
forget trying to convince him, he gonna get the half **** job done on his brand new 2009. i would never use bondo on parts that are replaceable period............
Old 05-09-2009, 02:49 AM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
that dent is an easy fix for a good body shop. you can go either way, repair it or replace it. the extra cost in replacing it comes from blending all the adjacent panels. the door, hood, and bumper need to be blended. fixing it requires blending into the bumper only.

a repair like this should run you around $600-$800. any shop that says they can do this for $300 are either butchers or liars. walk away and don't look back. if i were you, i would go onto a local car enthusiast forum and ask about a reputable local shop that does good work.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:16 AM
atag012

Ok well i don't want to **** my $45,000 car up on a $300 job, but I feel like its not worth it to get it replaced if they can just pop it out, I don't even need new paint, the paint on it is fine. So do you think I can just get it popped out so there will be no bondo usage making the paint crack in the future?
Old 05-09-2009, 03:30 AM
TJHG37S

SEND PDR Beach Cities PICS AND SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
We're not PDR pro's, thus YOU need to talk to a pro and see what they can do.......

Ok well i don't want to **** my $45,000 car up on a $300 job, but I feel like its not worth it to get it replaced if they can just pop it out, I don't even need new paint, the paint on it is fine. So do you think I can just get it popped out so there will be no bondo usage making the paint crack in the future?
Old 05-09-2009, 03:56 AM
gtracing

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by KnoxvilleG37
This is VERY incorrect. PPG paints (one of the largest automotive paint manufacturers in the world) carries self-healing clearcoat. The PAINT isn't self-healing, it's the clear coat. (http://corporateportal.ppg.com/PPG/F...M_Coatings.htm). So, no, this technology is not Infiniti exclusive, and it's been around for years, 2002 according to PPG's site.
yes, i realize that it's just the clear coat, but if i get too technical, some people might not understand....but so far i don't know any other manufacturer that uses the scratch resistant clear coat except infiniti....i know for sure merc benz isn't using it since my friend's MB's all have swirl marks..haha (unless it's not working as well as it should)...either way, the easiest way to find out is to get the OP to go to a bodyshop and ask...

Quick Reply: Just dented my new car, how can I fix this and how much will it cost