Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Weird Engine Smell....:/

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 08:41 AM
AldinG37s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Weird Engine Smell....:/

So ive had the car for about two weeks now, almost three. I have 1700 miles on it already, yes i driver a freaking lot, mostly highway. Last night i really stepped on the gas pedal, revving it up and letting go of the clutch but not hard enough to make the tires spin. (vdc was off). the car is insane i was doing 60 in no time, i pulled in the house and there was a really really weird smell. at first i thought it was the brakes but i dont think it was, for some odd reason i think its the clutch :/. is this normal? anybody else get a really weird smell when you push your car?

also, another thing i noticed, the climate control system i usually leave off because the smallest smells outside are sucked in, a lady was smocking had her window open this morning, and the smoke came in through my vents, i turn over and she's got her window rolled down.

sorry for the long post, ive driven mostly german cars and never had this issue.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:46 AM
HamstersG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Most of the time that someone complains of wierd smell after running a bit hard on new car, it is the cats.

Try recirc on the air?

Originally Posted by AldinG37s
So ive had the car for about two weeks now, almost three. I have 1700 miles on it already, yes i driver a freaking lot, mostly highway. Last night i really stepped on the gas pedal, revving it up and letting go of the clutch but not hard enough to make the tires spin. (vdc was off). the car is insane i was doing 60 in no time, i pulled in the house and there was a really really weird smell. at first i thought it was the brakes but i dont think it was, for some odd reason i think its the clutch :/. is this normal? anybody else get a really weird smell when you push your car?

also, another thing i noticed, the climate control system i usually leave off because the smallest smells outside are sucked in, a lady was smocking had her window open this morning, and the smoke came in through my vents, i turn over and she's got her window rolled down.

sorry for the long post, ive driven mostly german cars and never had this issue.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:00 AM
AldinG37s

i turn the rec on - the AC goes on. eff that lol, there goes 30% of power. ill rather leave the windows down, were finally getting some nice weather here in Michigan.

anybody else on the engine smell?
Old 04-16-2009, 09:04 AM
aznutx

describe the smell. i don tthink ur clutch would smell unless u took like 10secs to shift, while u were moving.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:07 AM
AldinG37s

the smell stunk up my whole garage. it smelled like rotten eggs... thats as close as i can get. i couldnt figure out where it was coming from, i think its the engine... but i really dont know.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:12 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Allot of people have this when their car is new and its gets real hot the first few times. I think it is all the oils and cleaners on the engine burning off or something like that. It should go away after a few times.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:13 AM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

cats....
Old 04-16-2009, 09:19 AM
Triple_X

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-cou...ng-smells.html

I haven't noticed any smell anymore.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:26 AM
AldinG37s

nice! that helped. so drive it hard until the smells go away LOL ? jk. ok well that made me feel better, i was seriously starting to worry.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:56 AM
Infinite G37S

Normal, mine does it when I get on it good, never noticed it with any other cars I have had. Like others mentioned, just keep your foot in it till it goes away!
Old 04-16-2009, 10:32 AM
HamstersG

You got a custom AC unit that takes 100hp to run? You must be able to make ice.

i turn the rec on - the AC goes on. eff that lol, there goes 30% of power. ill rather leave the windows down, were finally getting some nice weather here in Michigan.

anybody else on the engine smell?
Old 04-16-2009, 10:35 AM
Heat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lmao!!!! This thread is hilarious. Obviously the OP does not dump his cats very often.

To the OP, yes it will go away after the first couple of times that you floor it since your car is so new. However, this smell of rotten eggs will return if you do not dump your cats (by flooring it) every so often. This is not something that just happens on new cars and you would have prob never smelt it if you drove it like a granny. It also happens on any used car that has not been driven hard.

If you by chance in the future smell something that smells sort of like burning metal, than you are burning up your clutch by shifting to slowly.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:38 AM
AldinG37s

Originally Posted by HamstersG
You got a custom AC unit that takes 100hp to run? You must be able to make ice.
dude i wasnt serious lol, it does draw power LOL
Old 04-16-2009, 10:56 AM
HamstersG

dude...I know.

dude i wasnt serious lol, it does draw power LOL
Old 04-16-2009, 04:09 PM
aznutx

i want a 100hp a/c unit 100F to freezing in 1.8 secs

Quick Reply: Weird Engine Smell....:/