Sponsored By:

OMG!!! What a Beast!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 08:48 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by DaCePtak0n
Seriously. Thanks for the support. You guys actin like I never had a G before. I had the G35 Coupe which I thought was pretty quick. Yea, there are other much quicker cars but for this kind of price tag attached to such a beaut, how can you complain? If that's the case, the eff you still driving a G for?

Who knew my enthusiasm would be downsized by fellow owners. What a shame of a forum or at least shame on its members...

Dude, it's a great car, that's why everyone on this forum has one (well, except me). No one is trying to downsize your enthusiasm, just criticizing your choice of words. Your definition of "Beast" is way different than most every one else on here.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:51 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's ok, my G is a beast too. Just not in traffic, then it's a turtle. A beastly turtle.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:02 PM
G-Spot37s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey, all I have to say is that the G is my first car and I feel spoiled! Any car that has more than 300hp is a "fast" car.....end of discussion. These days there are "beasts" on the road, but they are extremely impractical with 480+ hp. Our cars are pleanty fast as is. 10 years ago a 450hp Diablo was a beast, but now looks like a pu$$y in the LP640's shadow. Of course, everything is relative. Just have fun with your car and be careful! If you ever get a little bored just turn off the traction control and get a little loose....that's what I do
Old 04-16-2009, 09:50 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
You boys that think the car has no torque think so because the torque curve is so smooth.

Welcome to the modern world of VVEL.

What you FEEL as torque is the change in acceleration.

Try this. Go to any rpm between 4000 and 6000rpm in 2nd gear. Auto, manual, doesnt matter. Hold it steady at that rpm for a few seconds. Now whomp on the gas. The torque you feel now is HUGE isnt it? That's the same torque you feel every time, except the change is bigger.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:10 PM
elite

need moar Turks and pawahz!!!!!!!!!!111111
Old 04-17-2009, 05:19 AM
thegad

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Perhaps it's completely in my head, but the pickup on our cars seems to be extremely dependent on environmental factors (particularly temperature and how long the engine has warmed up). It can be anywhere from a little sluggish to damn quick.

Either way, I love the car. I did get to take my boss' new GT-R for a spin about two weeks back though. When traffic finally opened up and I let the hammer drop... Without a doubt the fastest car I have ever had the privilege of driving. I'll post pics up soon, and hopefully a comprehensive writeup if he lets me take it out again!
Old 04-17-2009, 05:58 AM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Mike
You boys that think the car has no torque think so because the torque curve is so smooth.

Welcome to the modern world of VVEL.

What you FEEL as torque is the change in acceleration.

Try this. Go to any rpm between 4000 and 6000rpm in 2nd gear. Auto, manual, doesnt matter. Hold it steady at that rpm for a few seconds. Now whomp on the gas. The torque you feel now is HUGE isnt it? That's the same torque you feel every time, except the change is bigger.
Nope, I don't think that's it at all. I think at 4000-6000 rpm the horsepower really starts to come on and that's what I'm feeling. I know the torque curve is flat as a pancake because of the VVEL and that's really neat to see on all the dyno graphs, but I'm starting to realize it causes other issues now.

Instead of going to any rpm between 4000 and 6000 rpm in 2nd gear per your test, go to as low an rpm in 2nd gear as you can and hit it. If you stay in the throttle through the whole rpm range you can tell there is a definate pick up in acceleration around 5000 rpm. You already admitted the torque doesn't change throughout the rpm band. At 5000 rpm the engine finally started making some horsepower and the thing just takes off.

Whether or not the torque is smooth or the engine has a flat torque curve or whatever, the car is low on torque.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:12 AM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mike...+1...he sold me the damnn car at inifiniti and is a personal friend, he knows what sup
Old 04-17-2009, 10:05 AM
iceaffect1

most people hating don't have a g37 sh*t they might not even own a car. You guys are comparing Z06 and caddy spec v's lmfao. All i have to SAY IS GTR
Old 04-17-2009, 10:29 AM
Achilles

Originally Posted by DetroitG37Joe
Guys the OP is excited from having a new car and trust me coming from a 4 cylinder Honda Accord - I know the feeling I got when I was first driving my G - I still get the feeling when I push it. We all know there's "faster" cars but just because his felt like a beast to him doesn't mean we should crush that excitement.

Besides at least the excitement all lasted us for a few months before the car got seemingly "slower" so let's let him ride that high for a while too, lol.
+1 It's in the eye of the beholder. Most your girlfriends wouldn't look hot to me but you'd probably think she's the next top model but again, it's mostly opinion. IT'S ALL IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER!!!!!!!

What's with all the bashing?? Breathe fellas, it's all good. In the 40K range, the car is a beast.

No need to be comparing a Z06 or a GTR or Porsche, etc. Those cars have $$$$ tags on them.

Last edited by Achilles; 04-17-2009 at 10:36 AM.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:12 AM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

I don't think you guys get it. They weren't comparing the G37 to the other cars. They were comparing the discription of "Beast" to other cars.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:21 AM
Achilles

Originally Posted by Ivoidwarranties
I don't think you guys get it. They weren't comparing the G37 to the other cars. They were comparing the discription of "Beast" to other cars.
And again, your description of "Beast" is different from someone else's. When you compare cars of that caliber, price is almost always part of the equation. It's inevitable. In the 40k range, the G is a beast.

It's all good though. To him, the car is a "beast." He's coming from a Honda. And no, not an NSX.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:24 AM
pfizzle

Who said beastality?
Old 04-17-2009, 11:43 AM
DaCePtak0n

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Pfizzle's love your car...
Old 04-17-2009, 11:47 AM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Achilles
In the 40k range, the G is a beast.
That's the second time you said that. I guess that is a matter of opinion as well, because for $40,000 I could get a number of cars in the 400+ hp range instead of the low 300's.

Quick Reply: OMG!!! What a Beast!!!