Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

OMG!!! What a Beast!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 01:06 PM
AldinG37s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

i dont know where all of you guys live man, but in western michigan a G37s is an exotic, its like driving a Porsche/Ferrari or Lambo down the road. and 330hp is well above average.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:08 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by elite
this could actually drag on all day. bad choice of words and lack of knowledge on the OP's part.

I would have had a vette if it had backseats and no ****ing leafsprings.
new camaro is an option.
Guys the OP is excited from having a new car and trust me coming from a 4 cylinder Honda Accord - I know the feeling I got when I was first driving my G - I still get the feeling when I push it. We all know there's "faster" cars but just because his felt like a beast to him doesn't mean we should crush that excitement.

Besides at least the excitement all lasted us for a few months before the car got seemingly "slower" so let's let him ride that high for a while too, lol.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:12 PM
frcefed

Originally Posted by Infinite G37S
These days, a car with 275 Torque is considered slow. But anyone who has ridden a bike, I dont care if its a 600 or an 1100, every car is slow in relation to that.
That was my reasoning when I sold my STi for the G. Now I'm rolling on a 2009 R1, so I don't really care that the G isn't a beast. The G in my eyes is to go for cruises with the occasional dropping of the hammer, occasional
Old 04-16-2009, 01:25 PM
gt_performah

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Well put.

Even on paper these cars are dog $h!t as far as acceleration goes, 5.2 - 5.4 0-60? The new WRX does it in 4.7-4.9 off the showroom floor. Find a friend with a Vette Z06 or 911 Turbo (3.5 - 4 second 0-60 cars), a co-worker just got an 09 Caddilac CTS-V, 0-60 in 3.9 seconds Those are beasts.

My G37S looks hawt, is fun to drive, has every creature comfort I can imagine and is fairly affordable. Take the car for what it is, not a beast...
C'mon now. Your comparing the G37's speed to a Z06, 911 and a CTS-V(which If I'm not mistaken is a M5 fighter). Am I the only person that sees something seriously wrong with those comparisons? It's relatively fast compared to the cars in its segment which is what it is supposed to be.

We admire Infiniti because they give you more bang for your buck but since when were they expected to offer a car with M3 numbers for entry level prices?

Never, the last time I checked.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:39 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by gt_performah
C'mon now. Your comparing the G37's speed to a Z06, 911 and a CTS-V(which If I'm not mistaken is a M5 fighter).

Correction: CTS-V (which is an M5 beater).

Originally Posted by kieranlavin
True but have you seen the "dash" on the new camaro?

http://gallery.kieranlavin.com/v/car...01905.JPG.html

BUTT F*KING UGLY! I think they've taken retro to a new level. This is like retro retro
I like the dash. And if they make a Z-28 version that has that LSA engine in it (same as CTS-V), I'm getting one.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:42 PM
kieranlavin

These days, a car with 275 Torque is considered slow. But anyone who has ridden a bike, I dont care if its a 600 or an 1100, every car is slow in relation to that.
I get your point but I wouldn't say every car. There are some FAST sleepers out there. I know a guy who has a Supra with something like 1100HP and he's got videos of taking some fast bikes (I don't know sh*t about bikes so I couldn't tell you which ones). But, like I said, I get your point.

And I wouldn't exactly call the car a beast but I wouldn't call it a slouch. Sure there are other faster cars out there but, like Joe points out above, let the guy be excited about his new ride! (btw, I lived in Bridgewater from 1980-2001) Have I heard of faster cars? Yes. Have I seen faster cars? Yes. Have I ridden in faster cars? Yes. Have I driven faster cars? Yes. It's STILL a VERY fun car to drive. Why else are we all here? I have a friend with a heavily modified car that will crush C6 Z06's and he still loves to drive my wife's G37. In his own words, it is the closest car to "fun factor" he has driven to his turbo car
Old 04-16-2009, 02:24 PM
Heat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought about holding out for the new camaro too but that interior just throws it all off. The interior doesnt have to be retro too!

The G37 is more my style anyways and I really didnt want to go V8 and you just cant buy a V6 Camaro cause then everyone would laugh at you, cause that is what I do if I see one. hehe.

On the other hand, that LS3 is the chit!!!! and the LS7 is the chit plus sprinkles!!!
Old 04-16-2009, 03:20 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AldinG37s
i love watching my passenger just get thrown back into the seat and their eyes are being pushed into their head lol
Are you still talking about a G37 here? Mine doesn't do that. Well I take that back, if I drop the car into second, slow down quickly, then mash the gas, that will throw you back in your seat... but you can do that in an Accord...
Old 04-16-2009, 05:08 PM
GEEDUP

OP just used a bad choice of words. I do agree that its not a beast but fast enough. If you bought it just to drag or track it you shoulda bought a different car.

+1 if you want faaasst for cheeeeap cant go wrong with any of the jap 1ks.. 2 wheels ftw!! I hit 85mph in 1st gear..
Old 04-16-2009, 05:26 PM
Keng

G is too slow compare to the F-15 parked in my backyard. Enough with these Apple and Orange comparison, seriously....
Old 04-16-2009, 05:45 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Heat
On the other hand, that LS3 is the chit!!!! and the LS7 is the chit plus sprinkles!!!

Now that's just good stuff right there. The new LSA is where it's at though.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:57 PM
SFG37S

The G is quick but, Not a rocket ship. With that being said, There is still more than enough power to make a mere mortal soil their shorts!
Old 04-16-2009, 06:20 PM
NIGHTLFEphantom

Originally Posted by Ivoidwarranties
The car can be quick at times. There's almost no power under 5000 rpm but it really starts to pull after that. There's absolutely no torque anywhere to be found (I even looked under the seats). "Beast"? We need to get you some culture and a ride in a fast car.
There's a guy on the forums who is looking for NOS.. I'm pretty sure he knows someone who sells torque. one dolla, one dolla, one dolla, one dolla!
Old 04-16-2009, 07:10 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Originally Posted by NIGHTLFEphantom
There's a guy on the forums who is looking for NOS.. I'm pretty sure he knows someone who sells torque. one dolla, one dolla, one dolla, one dolla!
I'm already in on the Buckets of Torque Group Buy.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/motorsp...r-do-that.html
Old 04-16-2009, 08:35 PM
DaCePtak0n

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DetroitG37Joe
Guys the OP is excited from having a new car and trust me coming from a 4 cylinder Honda Accord - I know the feeling I got when I was first driving my G - I still get the feeling when I push it. We all know there's "faster" cars but just because his felt like a beast to him doesn't mean we should crush that excitement.

Besides at least the excitement all lasted us for a few months before the car got seemingly "slower" so let's let him ride that high for a while too, lol.
Seriously. Thanks for the support. You guys actin like I never had a G before. I had the G35 Coupe which I thought was pretty quick. Yea, there are other much quicker cars but for this kind of price tag attached to such a beaut, how can you complain? If that's the case, the eff you still driving a G for?

Who knew my enthusiasm would be downsized by fellow owners. What a shame of a forum or at least shame on its members...

Quick Reply: OMG!!! What a Beast!!!