G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Terrible gas mpg?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 07:21 PM
adam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i am getting like 13.1mpg. All city driving in chicago. but i just bought the car yesterday so im still a little excited.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:00 AM
g37RN

sounds right to me. Not to be an A-hole, but if you want good gas mileage you should have bought a honda or toyota. It's a small price to pay for driving a precision machine.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:37 AM
Rodzilla

Originally Posted by adam
i am getting like 13.1mpg. All city driving in chicago. but i just bought the car yesterday so im still a little excited.
I'm going to guess by "a little excited" and 13.1 mpg you mean you're flooring it everywhere.

STOP NOW!

The car has a break-in period. RTFM.

If that's not the case.....good!
Old 04-08-2009, 09:45 AM
Heat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rodzilla
I'm going to guess by "a little excited" and 13.1 mpg you mean you're flooring it everywhere.

STOP NOW!

The car has a break-in period. RTFM.

If that's not the case.....good!
Some people break their car in different ways. I did a hard break in, and at 28k miles, I have not had a single engine problem yet. I even tracked it at 500 miles and drove it 100 right off the lot. No ticking noise, no oil temp problems. To each his own.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:09 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
16.7MPG with 19MPH avg is good. My average is 19 mpg on 28 mph.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:49 PM
bunluvsvw

Originally Posted by Dimitry6
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO i get 11.5 your saying your 16 or 17 is bad i get 11.5 and 15
Im telling you, its where you live, nyc city mpg is brutal cause you are in stop and go every 15 sec. lol some of these guys are in the stix and even their city driving can reach 70mph where we barely hit 70mph on the highway sometimes.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:52 PM
bunluvsvw

Originally Posted by g37RN
sounds right to me. Not to be an A-hole, but if you want good gas mileage you should have bought a honda or toyota. It's a small price to pay for driving a precision machine.
Totally agree, when I got this car I even told the salesman straight up, this car sucks gas like a ****, its rwd, horrible for snow, and theres no real back seat, but Im buying it cause it looks HOT as ****..... Gas was $4.20 a gallon for premium when I got this car and I didnt give a darn...... lol
Old 04-08-2009, 10:16 PM
All_G
Registered Member

Originally Posted by bunluvsvw
Totally agree, when I got this car I even told the salesman straight up, this car sucks gas like a ****, its rwd, horrible for snow, and theres no real back seat, but Im buying it cause it looks HOT as ****..... Gas was $4.20 a gallon for premium when I got this car and I didnt give a darn...... lol
AMEN!!
Old 04-08-2009, 11:02 PM
All_G
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Heat
Some people break their car in different ways. I did a hard break in, and at 28k miles, I have not had a single engine problem yet. I even tracked it at 500 miles and drove it 100 right off the lot. No ticking noise, no oil temp problems. To each his own.

Good to know. ^^ I drive mine hard too. I have to hit 100+ at any chance I can...only 3500 miles on it so far. What MPG.... I don't even keep track....
Old 04-09-2009, 12:41 AM
Riley
Registered Member

So I wonder if people are measuring their mileage the proper way by filling the tank (to the top) and then reseting the ODO. Then drive near empty (But doesn't really matter) and then refill to the top and noting the amount of fuel used and the mileage on the ODO.

All this talk about miles per tank doesn't mean that much because you don't really know how much fuel is left.

I'd like to hear what the AWD drive owners are getting as I'm close to buying one. I don't expect great mileage but it would be ok..... (like 24 on the highway would be great).
Old 04-09-2009, 09:54 AM
Heat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here here! I didnt care what the mpg is when I bought the car either, as long as it wasnt like a Hummer. And as long as my 5yo daughter can fit in the back seat, then I am good! Shouldnt have bought the car if you cant afford the gas. No point in buying a sports car and driving it like a granny either.

Originally Posted by Riley
So I wonder if people are measuring their mileage the proper way by filling the tank (to the top) and then reseting the ODO. Then drive near empty (But doesn't really matter) and then refill to the top and noting the amount of fuel used and the mileage on the ODO.

All this talk about miles per tank doesn't mean that much because you don't really know how much fuel is left.

I'd like to hear what the AWD drive owners are getting as I'm close to buying one. I don't expect great mileage but it would be ok..... (like 24 on the highway would be great).
I was just going off what the car tells me on the dash and the nav screen.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:04 AM
mysticxknight

Originally Posted by Riley

my car is the 2009 G37x AWD and thats the mileage I get
Old 04-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Herkypilot

I have an '09 Sedan 7AT RWD and I have routinely achieved 26+ MPG in this car. 2800 miles on the Odo with about 70 to 80% Hwy driving w/ cruise usually set on about 63 mph. I hit the gas hard when I need it (or when I need a smile), which is now and then. Best tank was 27.1 mpg but I'll throw that one out as unreliable/not repeated.

Herkypilot
Old 04-09-2009, 10:35 PM
GT35R
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Callaway
400 miles per tank?? do you have the new 7AT?
I get near 450 per refill. I get about 27mpg mixed (70 HW / 30 street).
Old 04-10-2009, 01:43 AM
adam

Im telling you, its where you live, nyc city mpg is brutal cause you are in stop and go every 15 sec. lol some of these guys are in the stix and even their city driving can reach 70mph where we barely hit 70mph on the highway sometimes.
i barely hit 40mph in Chicago and 3rd is usually the highest gear I use. 4th I use as well but 5th and 6th like NEVER. Its just useless cuz by the time I get to like 40 i gotta slam the breaks

i thought it was my hard driving so I decided to drive smoothly on my second fill up. I didn't even go past like 4k rpm and it reads like 12.5mpg and Im half a tank left with like 110miles.

Quick Reply: Terrible gas mpg?