G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Very important question before i buy this g37 on saturday HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 09:59 PM
demarco5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very important question before i buy this g37 on saturday HELP!

ok well i want to buy this g37 on saturday, its fully loaded with every package, but the rims were stolen by someone while it was sitting at the dealership....(pic of car before rims were robbed)
http://www.bmwoffreehold.com/used-bm...98M130661.aspx

so they put some ugly horrible aftermarket rims on it and dropped the price to $31k
i put a deposit on the car and found these rims on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=170313965965

question is are these the EXACT same rims that are in the first link, will they fit? before i buy them i wanna make sure its gonna look exactly how it should like the first link

thanks alot guys
Old 03-25-2009, 10:05 PM
MattsG37

Yes, those are the exact wheels that come on the car, but not the stock tires. Idk about you, but I would want the original factory tires on the car.

Just imho
Old 03-25-2009, 10:06 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
if I were you, I'd go with aftermarket wheels, tell them you don't want their gay wheels, let them drop the price even more while you get your wheels
Old 03-25-2009, 10:08 PM
AndrewDDS

In answer to your question, yes, those rims on ebay are the stock 19' G37S rims. They will fit the car perfectly. HOWEVER!...

Before you buy that car, you want to very carefully inspect the underbody of that car. How were the wheels stolen? Did they leave the car on blocks or leave it sitting on the brake rotors? Did the bend or crack the rocker-panels when they left it sitting on the blocks? If they left it on the rotors, they're gonna need to be replaced, as will the exhaust and any number of other things.

IMO, that dealership is trying to pull a fast one on an unsuspecting victim. Why would they take a $35K car and throw crappy rims on it and drop the price? Any reputable dealership would find the exact OEM replacement wheels and restore the car back to it's OEM quality. You have to wonder what other problems they're hiding...
Old 03-25-2009, 10:10 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
those are the stock wheels but they have some bad curb rash. Ask for brand new wheels or they can put the new wheel budget towards a set of wheels of your choosing. That's what I would ask for. Good luck
Old 03-25-2009, 10:11 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Originally Posted by AndrewDDS
In answer to your question, yes, those rims on ebay are the stock 19' G37S rims. They will fit the car perfectly. HOWEVER!...

Before you buy that car, you want to very carefully inspect the underbody of that car. How were the wheels stolen? Did they leave the car on blocks or leave it sitting on the brake rotors? Did the bend or crack the rocker-panels when they left it sitting on the blocks? If they left it on the rotors, they're gonna need to be replaced, as will the exhaust and any number of other things.

IMO, that dealership is trying to pull a fast one on an unsuspecting victim. Why would they take a $35K car and throw crappy rims on it and drop the price? Any reputable dealership would find the exact OEM replacement wheels and restore the car back to it's OEM quality. You have to wonder what other problems they're hiding...
+100 listen to him
Old 03-25-2009, 10:13 PM
MattsG37

Id rather buy it new or used from an infiniti dealership and pay a little more, but at least they will give you a warranty and you will be totally covered.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:17 PM
AndrewDDS

Just more information for you Demarco... PLEASE do some intensive research on that car before you buy it!!! People can really F-up a car when they steal the wheels, whether they leave it on blocks or not. You could be buying a $31K car that needs $5K in repairs the second you drive it off the lot. PS: those wheels are probably stolen anyway...

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-cou...ng-robbed.html

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-cou...am-i-wish.html

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-cou...-driveway.html

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-cou...-my-shoes.html

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-cou...ce-needed.html
Old 03-25-2009, 10:20 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
The car only has 3700 miles on it, it's still covered by Infiniti factory warranty no matter where he buys it from.

I'd use this to my advantage when negotiating and ask for a little bit more off of the price. Then budget whatever you can afford and buy yourself some really nice aftermarket 20" wheels and tires. They can be found for under well under the $4K they are taking off the price. Then sell the ugly wheels and tires that come with the car to recoup a lot of it back.

As far as damages from wheels being stolen, put it on the lift at the dealership and have them take off all the wheels. You'll be able to see any damage if you inspect closely.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:29 PM
demarco5

im not too informed about cars though so even if i do inspect the underneath, i dont even know what im looking for....maybe i should find someone that knows about cars a lot more then me to come with me.

since this still comes with the factory warranty, will they cover anything that will break from the wheels bein stolen?

any more input is apprieciated. my acura tl lease runs out on saturday and i need to buy something. but my budget is 35k....and i wont find one this loaded for 35k
Old 03-25-2009, 10:30 PM
last lemming

Sorry, but I have to disagree with this. Take this from a guy who knows. I bought an '86 Porsche 911 who had small body issues, and let me tell you, if a car needs bodywork, walk away unless you are prepared fix it perfect, which you never know if you really did, and if you do you'll always have nagging thoughts in the back of your head evertime you hear a creak or rattle. There are other good deals out there, and there is just a bad vibe in what your saying.

Buyer beware!

Originally Posted by Black Betty
The car only has 3700 miles on it, it's still covered by Infiniti factory warranty no matter where he buys it from.

I'd use this to my advantage when negotiating and ask for a little bit more off of the price. Then budget whatever you can afford and buy yourself some really nice aftermarket 20" wheels and tires. They can be found for under well under the $4K they are taking off the price. Then sell the ugly wheels and tires that come with the car to recoup a lot of it back.

As far as damages from wheels being stolen, put it on the lift at the dealership and have them take off all the wheels. You'll be able to see any damage if you inspect closely.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:34 PM
demarco5

so basically just pay out of my price range for another car? damn i was all psyched up about this
Old 03-25-2009, 10:36 PM
AndrewDDS

Originally Posted by demarco5
im not too informed about cars though so even if i do inspect the underneath, i dont even know what im looking for....maybe i should find someone that knows about cars a lot more then me to come with me.

since this still comes with the factory warranty, will they cover anything that will break from the wheels bein stolen?

any more input is apprieciated. my acura tl lease runs out on saturday and i need to buy something. but my budget is 35k....and i wont find one this loaded for 35k
Hop on www.g35nyc.com and see if any kind souls would be willing to swing down there with you on Friday or Saturday and do a quick inspection. I'm sure there are some members in the Central Jersey area who might be willing to help you out.

But if $35K is your budget, then try to talk them down to $30K based on the possible damage, and then get it checked out at the nearest Infiniti dealership and hope the repairs are nonexistent or minimal. Either way it's a good deal, so I'd take it!
Old 03-25-2009, 10:37 PM
demarco5

If theres 5000 damage coming out of it that i dont know about, wouldnt that be covered under the warranty anyway? or cant i have the BMW dealership sign a disclaimer saying their responsible for any further damage from the wheels bein stolen?
Old 03-25-2009, 10:41 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by last lemming
Sorry, but I have to disagree with this. Take this from a guy who knows. I bought an '86 Porsche 911 who had small body issues, and let me tell you, if a car needs bodywork, walk away unless you are prepared fix it perfect, which you never know if you really did, and if you do you'll always have nagging thoughts in the back of your head evertime you hear a creak or rattle. There are other good deals out there, and there is just a bad vibe in what your saying.

Buyer beware!
I totally agree that if there is damage he should walk away from the deal. If there's not any, it's a good deal. The only way to know is to thoroughly inspect it. If the dealership balks at the idea, it's a bad sign. As the OP has said he's not that knowledgeable, it's a good idea for him to get someone who is (body shop guy) and even pay him to do a thorough inspection. It would be worth it to have peace of mind.

Quick Reply: Very important question before i buy this g37 on saturday HELP!