G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Very important question before i buy this g37 on saturday HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 11:55 AM
demarco5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well you got any websites besides cars.com and autotrader.com because i cant find one on them
Old 03-26-2009, 12:26 PM
MattsG37

I would try carmax and local infiniti dealerships, even ebay or craigslist work.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:32 PM
demarco5

Sorry caliper.

Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2009 11:50 AM
To: Cerillo, Anthony
Subject: RE: Car Question

Was the roader scratched or the caliper?
Old 03-26-2009, 12:56 PM
kieranlavin

It seems like your mind is made up and you don't want to hear what the majority of the people here are telling you. Trust me, I've been there before. Wanted something so bad that no matter what anyone else told me, I wouldn't listen and I just HAD to have the item and purchased it and in the end wound up screwed.

That being said, I'd tend toward walking away. I'd still go with the friend and give the dealership the benefit of the doubt but don't walk in expecting to purchase the car. Walk in with the expectation that the car is ****ed up and you're walking away. Walk in with the expectation that there is a 5-10% chance you'll buy the car. Trust me, you'll be happy in the long run.

Last thing you need is coming back on here in two weeks in an emergency because **** started falling apart on the car and you need help. Know what'll happen then? People will reference back to this thread and say stuff like "told you so"

Just my .02
Old 03-26-2009, 01:10 PM
demarco5

trust me im totally listening to the ppl on this thread, im pretty much going there tomorrow with the idea that if anything shows up i walking right out
Old 03-26-2009, 01:49 PM
AndrewDDS

I'd still take the car if you can talk them down to the $28ish range or lower. Even if it needs some minor repairs, it's still a low mileage '08 G37S that's loaded with options. Just look out for any major damage, that would require excessive repair costs. As long as you don't mind getting a good deal on a car that might need some repairs right off the bat, then go for it!
Old 03-26-2009, 02:21 PM
MattsG37

Originally Posted by demarco5
the only 2008 i found new is the journey one with premium and no navigation for 34.900, white on beige

my lease ends saturday so i do need something, but if the bottom is damaged i def wont even bother......

i dont care about the tire size to be honest, i mean am i really gonna feel that difference

You can buy a new 2009 base model 6mt which in my opinion is all your need. That car lists for around 38k new and you can probably get 2k off. Thats an idea.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:36 PM
demarco5

dont want manual, dont want base model heh
Old 03-26-2009, 02:43 PM
AndrewDDS

dont want manual, dont want base model heh
^+1. One of the main purposes of having a $40K car is all the extra creature features and goodies that the navigation and premium packages come with. An Infiniti without premium package and navigation is an overpriced Nissan...
Old 03-26-2009, 02:46 PM
demarco5

i can live without navi b/c the lcd screen is still there but premium is a must, and the sport is almsot a must because of the rims etc
Old 03-26-2009, 02:59 PM
SFG37S

My sympathy is wearing thin! Dude, Their are 10 infiniti dealers within 50 miles of your zip. All of them eager to sell cars. Wake up and smell the coffee. Make them work for you. Call them and tell them what you want.

Shop around. Does your bank have a car buying service? If so, Tell them what you want and have them do some leg work for you.

At the very least, Insist that the BMW dealer allow you to take this car to one of these 10 dealers(at their expense) to have it checked out by a factory tech before you pull the trigger.

If they balk, that right there is a sign. READ IT! Do you have a family member or Friend that has a lot of car buying experience? Please take them along with you to hold your hand!

Sales people can smell a rookie a mile away. I'm sure you can buy a few more days on your lease if you need it to find another car. It will not turn in to a pumpkin at midnight! And this car is not going to fly off the lot either.

Slow down a bit. You are the one that will benefit in the long run.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:03 PM
demarco5

dude you dont understand, anytime i call the dealership they says ehhh we got a lot of coupes but no black or white ones.....lol

i might seem like im set on this car but im not, been searching for black or white sport with premium

but ill tell them im gonna go drive it to the infiniti dealer
Old 03-26-2009, 03:08 PM
SFG37S

Originally Posted by AndrewDDS
^+1. One of the main purposes of having a $40K car is all the extra creature features and goodies that the navigation and premium packages come with. An Infiniti without premium package and navigation is an overpriced Nissan...
Someone spoiled? (LOL)..................................Me too!
Old 03-26-2009, 03:10 PM
SFG37S

dude you dont understand, anytime i call the dealership they says ehhh we got a lot of coupes but no black or white ones.....lol

i might seem like im set on this car but im not, been searching for black or white sport with premium

but ill tell them im gonna go drive it to the infiniti dealer
And your 3rd choice of color is? By the way, Just because they don't have it on the lot does not mean thy can't get it. Like i said.They are all eager to make the sale So, mak'em work for you.

Last edited by SFG37S; 03-26-2009 at 03:16 PM.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:22 PM
jnifong

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To not be "set" on this car, you're defending it pretty hard. I just looked on craigslist in my area and 2 G37's popped up, one was a gray G37S with with everything you're looking for 11k miles for less than 33k AND it's 6MT. The other was black/black, not an "S", 20k miles with aftermarket rims for $30K. One in your area will pop up soon enough within your price range without all the hassel you're about to get yourself into.

Get your wrong on:

http://www.sheepholetees.com/main.php

Quick Reply: Very important question before i buy this g37 on saturday HELP!