G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Very important question before i buy this g37 on saturday HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 09:58 AM
demarco5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well i mean i could spend a couple thousand more probably, but cant even find none for 37ish....

yeah weird how they were stolen
Old 03-26-2009, 10:06 AM
SOLISIMO

Listen, Im not trying to reign on your car, but I know how dealers work very well. Just be careful.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:50 AM
SFG37S

Lightbulb a few thing to think about........

Bad Ju Ju. Why by a vehicle that already has this much of a tainted history? It will only lead to more head aches. That little bit of doubt will always be there.

Am I missing something or do you have to supply your own wheels? If so,31 grand? I don't think so!

They say a sucker is born every minute So, Let another sucker become the fool! Think about it.

Good things come to those who are patient.

I Just quickly checked E-Bay and there were at least 10 g's within your price range. Have you checked auto trader and the others? There are deals to be had. Maybe you will get lucky and find a lease return with in your range.

Now if they are willing to part with that car for say 25k then and only then, It may be worth it! Other wise, I'd be inclined to tell them to go pound salt.

In any case....................Good luck
Old 03-26-2009, 10:59 AM
demarco5

this is what the manager said in e-mail, what do you guys think

Chris,

The thieves left the car on blocks (I have pictures to prove it) I cannot sign a disclaimer saying you are not responsible for anything but what I can do is give you a damage discloser that will say what happened to the car. The thieves broke the driver’s side window to get into the car and find the wheel lock key so they could remove the wheels. We replaced the wheels that day with the wheels that are on it now. The wheels that are on it did not have the correct spacers on it so the outside of the rotor got a little scratched but the brakes work fine. It is a good car still and the guy who traded it is a good customer who buys a new car every few months.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:01 AM
demarco5

i dont know how much i trust buying a car on ebay....i checked cars.com and autotrader.com, i dont see any white or black sport models under 38k
08691 zip code
Old 03-26-2009, 11:05 AM
SOLISIMO

Originally Posted by demarco5
this is what the manager said in e-mail, what do you guys think

Chris,

The thieves left the car on blocks (I have pictures to prove it) I cannot sign a disclaimer saying you are not responsible for anything but what I can do is give you a damage discloser that will say what happened to the car. The thieves broke the driver’s side window to get into the car and find the wheel lock key so they could remove the wheels. We replaced the wheels that day with the wheels that are on it now. The wheels that are on it did not have the correct spacers on it so the outside of the rotor got a little scratched but the brakes work fine. It is a good car still and the guy who traded it is a good customer who buys a new car every few months.
Now the rotors too move on bro, by the way there was a guy on here selling an STi sema car that is wide body for 31k
Old 03-26-2009, 11:05 AM
SFG37S

I just re-read your original post and see that they installed some cheap wheels so I will revise my price to 26.5k. Don't be afraid to play hard ball as a closed mouth does not get fed. Just remember if you do pull the trigger because you just have to have this car, That any warranty issues due to possible damage from the thieves will more than likely be rejected like a bad habit. Which also means be prepared to come out of pocket.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:07 AM
SFG37S

One word............................PASS!............. ...Time to move on.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:12 AM
SFG37S

And by the way, For 38 grand, You should be able to find a new 2008!
Old 03-26-2009, 11:20 AM
demarco5

you find me a white/black sport for under 37 and prove it! haha
Old 03-26-2009, 11:32 AM
Achilles

Originally Posted by SFG37S
And by the way, For 38 grand, You should be able to find a new 2008!
+1. The stealership sounds shady. Not sure what's going on with them but you should be able to find a NEW 08 for 38 or cheaper. Also, why buy eBay rims when they are all the same size? That's not OEM, or in other words, the G's don't come with the same size tires (front vs. rear).

Dude, I know you want the car NOW but it's a big purchase and lots of money to spend on something that could blow your budget in the long run. Talk them down on price but only if it's NOT damaged underneath. If it is damaged, pass on it. Warranty or not, you're already spending too much money on a car that only has 3k miles on it and is already damaged.

just my 2cents.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:36 AM
demarco5

the only 2008 i found new is the journey one with premium and no navigation for 34.900, white on beige

my lease ends saturday so i do need something, but if the bottom is damaged i def wont even bother......

i dont care about the tire size to be honest, i mean am i really gonna feel that difference
Old 03-26-2009, 11:41 AM
AndrewDDS

Demarco, I'd still go in there with your buddy and give the car a test drive and a good solid once-over. I'd definitely ask if you can have an independent mechanic do a quick survey for damage.

If that BMW dealership is who replaced the window, then Infiniti might not cover anything involving that door under warranty because I doubt the BMW dealership is an Infiniti recognized repair shop. And any repairs involving brakes, wheels, tires, and even suspension is probably voided under the warranty.

If everything checks out and the damage truly is minor and cosmetic, then you should definitely play some hard ball. DO NOT tell them your price range, DO NOT tell them how much you want this car. Go in there and say you're willing to take it off their hands, but because of all the damage and the past history of vandalism, the most you're willing to pay is $26.5 and see what they say. Explain that you'll need to buy replacement wheels, need to have the brake calipers powdercoated and inspected for structural damage, etc, etc.

In the end, I wouldn't pay one cent over $29K for that car, regardless of how well it checks out structurally. And if there's undercarriage damage or the brakes look worse than just "scratched," then I wouldn't even pay $15K for it. And, either way, be prepared to sink another $5K into it based on damage that you can't see or don't know about.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:41 AM
SOLISIMO

the only 2008 i found new is the journey one with premium and no navigation for 34.900, white on beige

my lease ends saturday so i do need something, but if the bottom is damaged i def wont even bother......

i dont care about the tire size to be honest, i mean am i really gonna feel that difference
he already told you the rotors are damaged and the window was smashed
Old 03-26-2009, 11:43 AM
MattsG37

i dont know how much i trust buying a car on ebay....i checked cars.com and autotrader.com, i dont see any white or black sport models under 38k
08691 zip code

I bought my Sport G new last March, everything but Navand 4WS and I paid 36 and change.

Im sure you can find a used car for under 38.

Quick Reply: Very important question before i buy this g37 on saturday HELP!