Originally Posted by SteveBKNY
rev to 6 and pop my clutch
Ya on the mt its easy to do not so much on a at =[
Old 03-26-2009, 10:42 AM
Achilles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dimitry6
Ya on the mt its easy to do not so much on a at =[
It's about the RPM. Read Wakeboards post.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:02 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
Ok, honestly... There is a lot to it. Have you read what your manual says about it? I've posted it a number of times on here. Do you have the Viscous Limited-Slip Differential (VLDS)? That plays some part in the equation but I don't know how much. The VDC will turn off traction control but it will not turn off ABLS (Active Brake Limited Slip), or ABS. This is a little confusing and also redundant as the VLDS and the ABLS do the same thing. If you have one, why have both? And if you have the VLDS then you sure don't want to need the ABLS. With that said, I decided to go try out these different systems the best I could. I took Her car out and turned the VDC off. Then I put it in Drive Sport and floored it from a stand start. It lit the tires up for at least 50 feet. I have not tried a powerstand yet. There was no ABLS activating at all and the VLDS was working like a champ because there were two even black marks about 50 feet long as evidence.
Now I know I've read something about the engine down powering during certain situations as part of the VDC. I've also read that if your foot is on the brake and the gas, the computer plays some part which I don't know too much about.
Also, the 5000 rpm limit people keep taking about has me confused. Maybe that is part of the powerstand issue which I haven't tried yet. I can tell you I was way above 5000 rpm in drive sport laying rubber.

From Owners Manual

When accelerating or driving on slippery surfaces, the tires may spin or slide. With the Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) system, sensors detect these movements and control the braking and engine output to help improve vehicle stability.

When the VDC system is operating, the SLIP indicator in the instrument panel blinks.

If the SLIP indicator blinks, the road conditions are slippery. Be sure to adjust your speed and driving to these conditions. Be sure to drive carefully. (See Slip indicator light in the 2. Instruments and controls section, and Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) off indicator light in the 2. Instruments and controls section.)

Indicator light - If a malfunction occurs in the system, the SLIP and VDC OFF indicator lights illuminate in the instrument panel. As long as these indicators are illuminated, the VDC system function is canceled.

The VDC system uses an Active Brake Limited Slip (ABLS) function to improve vehicle traction. The ABLS system works when one of the driving wheels is spinning on a slippery surface. The ABLS system brakes the spinning wheel, which distributes the driving power to the other drive wheel. If the vehicle is operated with the VDC OFF switch pushed and the VDC system turned off, all VDC systems will be turned off. The ABLS system and ABS will still operate with the VDC system off. If the ABLS system is activated, the SLIP indicator will blink and you may hear a clunk noise and/or feel a pulsation in the brake pedal. This is normal and is not an indication of a malfunction.

While the VDC system is operating, you may feel a pulsation in the brake pedal and hear a noise or feel a vibration from under the hood. This is normal and indicates that the VDC system is working properly.

The VDC system computer has a built-in diagnostic feature that tests the system each time you start the engine and move the vehicle at a low speed forward or backward. When the self-test occurs, you may hear a ªclunkº noise and/or feel a pulsation in the brake pedal. This is normal and is not an indication of a malfunction.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:54 PM
wakeboardr116

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Its cause you just floored it from a stand still and spun the tires without holding the brake. If you try to do a power stall burnout where you hold the break and floor the gas to do a burn out while standing still (mainly for show and to be an idiot and ruin your tires) as long as you have any pressure on the break it will stop you at 5000RPM, BUT if you take it up right before 5000 then let off real quick and floor it again it will let you get past that 5000 mark while still holding the brake. Or at least thats what i've experienced on a g35 sedan loaner. It couldnt be too much diferent though i wouldnt think.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:17 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

So what you are saying is, "anyone who does a burnout is an idiot", am I correct?
Old 03-26-2009, 03:43 PM
wakeboardr116

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
^No i am not saying that. But doing power stalls and smoking your tires until they're bald isn't the smartest thing to do. Unless someone just enjoys buying new treads all the time. Theres nothing wrong with a nice quick burn out time to time.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:15 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Oh, ok... Because I'm an idiot and I was wondering if doing a burnout would be something I'd enjoy.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:36 PM
Infinite G37S

Originally Posted by Dimitry6
UMMM as in the computer still grips and dont let the car slip all the way i dont get what dont you understand that its not fully off

Move to award this most ill informed post on these boards. Someone forgot to tell my car with the VDC de-activated that it cant do those amazing power slides and 360's in vacant parking lots. If that is 60% off I cant wait to see 100% off!!!

Its all or nothing Dimitry, was the person who told you this wearing a helmet and a drool cup?
Old 03-26-2009, 04:58 PM
Infinite G37S

Originally Posted by Black Betty
I am the master of the high speed "J-turn". I should make an instructional video and sell it. I always switch VDC off to do it, it wouldn't work otherwise because the VDC prevents the tail from kicking out.
Big fan of the "J turn", this is an easy car to master it in, VDC off of course.