G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Noobed my rear bumper.. Where to buy and how much for new one?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 02:40 PM
leeyeegue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Noobed my rear bumper.. Where to buy and how much for new one?

Hi everyone,

yesterday I backed up into a car in the parking lot!! That girl was in my blind spot lol and we backed up at the same time, well, almost, she came out like 2 sec earlier and I bumped into her door... LOL GG

My fault, so if her damage (which can't be seen) isn't too expensive I won't file claim, but my bumper is badly scratched and cracked a lil and a big dent..

I asked dealer, 400+ for bumper then 300+ for paint then labor.. Lol anyway to get one cheaper somewhere else cheaper?

Thanks!!!
Old 03-23-2009, 02:41 PM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
post pics so we can see the damage.

when you say it's cracked, how bad is it?

do you have a back up camera btw?
Old 03-23-2009, 02:49 PM
leeyeegue

Old 03-23-2009, 02:50 PM
leeyeegue

can't see the dent that well... lol iphone
Old 03-23-2009, 02:51 PM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
hm looks like you can just repaint it... you just backed into her? you were just rolling or did you gas it?
Old 03-23-2009, 02:56 PM
leeyeegue

yepp, gassed it. it was one way, slanted parking. i checked then started to move, she parked on the other side, 1 spot further, which was like my blind spot. she came out, saw me moving my car, she freaked out and didn't move lol and beeped me when i was on her door already lol

she was like "omg my brand new Prius... lol i was like me 2 brand new..."
Old 03-23-2009, 02:59 PM
leeyeegue

oh, the bumper pretty much popped out, i pushed it in with my hand, still hanging out a lil though. if new one isn't much more than fixing it, prob get new one. so im just wondering if there is any other way to get it than from the dealer
Old 03-23-2009, 03:00 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to inform you but nothing these days in an accident is cheaper than filing a claim. They don't waste time banging dents out of doors, they order new ones and paint them. Little fender benders almost always no end up being over $1000. What you have to take into account is she will need a rental car while her car is being fixed, that will also come out of your pocket.

So unfortunately, I think you'll have to file a claim. I backed into my mom's friend once, when all was said and done it was 3500 for the total. And this was at less than 1 mile an hour. Backed up into her front bumper, which you'd think is nothing. But the total bill tells a different story.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:03 PM
leeyeegue

lol **** ok thanks.. not much experience with these things lol first car first "accident"

thanks!!
Old 03-23-2009, 03:47 PM
AndrewDDS

Originally Posted by Graham
Sorry to inform you but nothing these days in an accident is cheaper than filing a claim. They don't waste time banging dents out of doors, they order new ones and paint them. Little fender benders almost always no end up being over $1000. What you have to take into account is she will need a rental car while her car is being fixed, that will also come out of your pocket.

So unfortunately, I think you'll have to file a claim. I backed into my mom's friend once, when all was said and done it was 3500 for the total. And this was at less than 1 mile an hour. Backed up into her front bumper, which you'd think is nothing. But the total bill tells a different story.
^^ +1. Unless you have a really high deductible like I do, it's going to be significantly easier/cheaper to just file the claim. I got the tiniest of tiny little dents in my front fender a few months ago, and even that was going to cost me almost $1000 to fix it properly. Since my deductible is higher than that, I just sucked it up and went with paintless dent repair. But in your case, just file the claim and you'll come out on top.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:55 PM
blackfunk
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Sorry about the Damage

I just got rear ended and it cost me about 860 to have it replaced and repainted. So your looking at something in that ball park for a replacement. Good luck with that.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:14 PM
xyz
Registered Member

try junkyard . . .
Old 03-23-2009, 04:19 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
It doesn't look like it needs to be replaced... Just refinished and painted.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:42 PM
G Nack 37s

doesnt look so bad from that angle looks like you it can be sanded and painted
Old 03-23-2009, 06:54 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Dude it doesn't even look that bad. Just paint it, or even touch it up. Replace it when something a lot worse happens...

I damaged the left front area of my Accord back in high school. I delayed in getting it repaired and then a few weeks later, my dad drove my car in the rain and ran into a truck that suddenly stopped, which required completely re-doing the front end. I was glad I never fixed it in the first place.

Quick Reply: Noobed my rear bumper.. Where to buy and how much for new one?