G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Dealer says they can't get a part number from Infiniti...

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 07:32 PM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
Your dealership must be filled with morons. What part is it that you need? I can get you a part number and I don't work for Infiniti.
what he said..... lol
Old 03-18-2009, 07:37 PM
SFG37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Contact Infiniti customer relations. Politely explain your situation. Let them know you need your car ASAP. Ask them to have the dealer pull the booster off of an in stock vehicle if they can not supply the part needed for repair.Turn the table on them. Let it become Infiniti's problem rather than yours! I hope you were at least supplied with a loaner.........................Good luck!

P.S If the the dealer that is 30 miles away smokes the dealer near you in terms of service and you are supplied with a loaner during service, Whats the issue? It seems like a no brainer to me!
Old 03-18-2009, 07:45 PM
SilverBullet

I still have my car with me. There are a few dealers within about 50 miles, but the best is Riverside and that is quite far. I already talked to consumer affairs. They said they would research the situation.

Originally Posted by SFG37S
Contact Infiniti customer relations. Politely explain your situation. Let them know you need your car ASAP. Ask them to have the dealer pull the booster off of an in stock vehicle if they can not supply the part needed for repair.Turn the table on them. Let it become Infiniti's problem rather than yours! I hope you were at least supplied with a loaner.........................Good luck!

P.S If the the dealer that is 30 miles away smokes the dealer near you in terms of service and you are supplied with a loaner during service, Whats the issue? It seems like a no brainer to me!
Old 03-18-2009, 07:52 PM
NACZ3

SilverBullet, is this Kearny Mesa Infiniti you're dealing with? Is the car even safe to drive--Could your brakes go out?

Try Carlsbad 760-431-3100 or Escondido 760-796-5500 if Riverside is too far away.

Wow, just Wow on this one. Dealer can't get the part? That is ridiculous. I would call Riverside, see if they have the part or can order it and then tell the dealer near you to have them order it from Riverside? Definitely worth the call to Infiniti Customer Affairs on this one (too bad it always seems worthless since Infiniti doesn't hold them accountable since they're "independent" businesses). Epic Fail.

Last edited by NACZ3; 03-18-2009 at 08:07 PM.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:52 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverBullet
Not that funny of a situation. I'm pretty angry. Every time I go to a dealer something comes back broken.
I'm laughing at the incompetence of the dealer, not your situation. Sounds like you need to find a new dealer, IMO.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:55 PM
SFG37S

I hope they guaranteed you that the booster will not fail when under pressure during braking!
Old 03-18-2009, 08:13 PM
SilverBullet

They didn't say anything about it when I asked. I think I will be okay. My brakes felt okay when I went cruising a couple of weeks ago through the canyons. It didn't feel as tight as it usually does, but my stopping was still strong.

I hope they guaranteed you that the booster will not fail when under pressure during braking!
Old 03-18-2009, 08:14 PM
SilverBullet

I figured you weren't laughing at me. The situation just sucks! haha. Definitely need a new dealer!

Originally Posted by Blackjack
I'm laughing at the incompetence of the dealer, not your situation. Sounds like you need to find a new dealer, IMO.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:16 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I figured you weren't laughing at me. The situation just sucks! haha. Definitely need a new dealer!
I'm not in your area, but I'd say check with Riverside. Riverside is on the forums. I've purchased parts from them multiple times and I'm all the way in Atlanta.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:18 PM
SilverBullet

Okay, thanks. Ill shoot them a pm.

Originally Posted by Blackjack
I'm not in your area, but I'd say check with Riverside. Riverside is on the forums. I've purchased parts from them multiple times and I'm all the way in Atlanta.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:10 PM
SFG37S

They didn't say anything about it when I asked. I think I will be okay. My brakes felt okay when I went cruising a couple of weeks ago through the canyons. It didn't feel as tight as it usually does, but my stopping was still strong.
If it does go you will still be able to stop. You will just need about twice the pressure on the pedal.(could suck at the wrong time) In any case, Dont let them jerk you around too long, I would expect a very timely answer..................... LIKE TOMORROW!

Let us know how it works out for you.............Motor on!

Last edited by SFG37S; 03-18-2009 at 09:13 PM. Reason: add a letter
Old 03-18-2009, 09:21 PM
SilverBullet

I will call consumer affairs again tomorrow and the dealer and probably another dealer. Haha.

If it does go you will still be able to stop. You will just need about twice the pressure on the pedal.(could suck at the wrong time) In any case, Dont let them jerk you around too long, I would expect a very timely answer..................... LIKE TOMORROW!

Let us know how it works out for you.............Motor on!
Old 03-19-2009, 04:20 PM
SilverBullet

Update

I got a call today from Infiniti Consumer Affairs and they told me that they were able to find the part that I needed and had it ordered for the dealership. They said part of the problem was that the part is backordered, but they will do their best to expedite the waiting time. As of now, there is no eta to when the part will arrive.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:32 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
I got a call today from Infiniti Consumer Affairs and they told me that they were able to find the part that I needed and had it ordered for the dealership. They said part of the problem was that the part is backordered, but they will do their best to expedite the waiting time. As of now, there is no eta to when the part will arrive.
Backordered is a whole different thing from not knowing the part number to order it. Either they are incompetent morons like I said before or did a **** poor job of explaining the situation to you. IMO either way, your dealership =
Old 03-19-2009, 04:57 PM
SilverBullet

I agree. After I get this part replaced, I will go to a different dealer.

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Backordered is a whole different thing from not knowing the part number to order it. Either they are incompetent morons like I said before or did a **** poor job of explaining the situation to you. IMO either way, your dealership =

Quick Reply: Dealer says they can't get a part number from Infiniti...