G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Rear ended - is it totaled?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 02:24 PM
beon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well KBB says an excellent trade in for this car (before the accident) was $32k. Any idea how much diminished value would be?
Old 03-15-2009, 03:02 PM
NotUrG
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by beon
Well KBB says an excellent trade in for this car (before the accident) was $32k. Any idea how much diminished value would be?

If you get the car fixed, I highly doubt that the insurance company will do anything for diminished value. Each state has different insurance rules in regards to diminished value. My car took a hit from a PT Cruiser last spring and did 6K in damage. I fought and fought with the insurance company for weeks and got nowhere with the diminished value. I was told that I could take the "diminished value price" for the car, or get it fixed, not both. Good Luck.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:48 PM
Sharp_cai

whats going on!!?? Every week we have a G got hit, what's up with this?
Old 03-15-2009, 03:57 PM
GeeeeOhhhh
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
time to get an aftermarket rear bumper, cf hood/spoiler and exhaust
Old 03-15-2009, 04:16 PM
808MIKE

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
thats definately repairable!! one way to look for damage, is to lift up the spare tire cover and look in that area, looks like the floor may have buckled some! or you can tell from there also if the end of the frame rails buckled is to look in that area! you'd be suprised of where the hidden damage will be! we had a M35 sedan come to our shop one day, got rear ended and then pushed the front end into another car! upon inspection on the sapre tire area, we was blown away!!!

car had major rear frame damage, force was so great it ripped the frame from the body! like it was a torn pice of paper! I was shocked! and it did not look very bad from outside. but car was a tottal! but your looks to be fixable, i seen worse get fixed! good luck on repairs bro!
Old 03-15-2009, 05:37 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Doesn't look totaled but might as well be.
GL with the repairs.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:26 PM
Achilles

Originally Posted by Blackjack
Highly doubt it's a total... Only because I've recently been through one and mine was close and I went head on into a tree with airbags deploying.

Damage doesn't look too bad. You'd be surprised.
Black, did you get another G?
Old 03-16-2009, 09:34 PM
Eiso

Doesnt look like total to me at all. My boss got rear-ended on her 08' C350, the whole rear end is gone. The tow truck guy who is working for Benz saying that it would not be totaled since it costs more to them to total it (well dont we always hear that?!) I saw a 2006 750Li that costed $45k for repair...still not totaled.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:06 AM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Doubt that's a total. Just make sure you get it fixed at a reputable place, you want your car to ride as closely as possible before the accident.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:03 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Achilles
Black, did you get another G?
Yup... It arrives on Friday, 3/20! WooT! See siggy.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:02 AM
kayno

Originally Posted by Blackjack
Yup... It arrives on Friday, 3/20! WooT! See siggy.
I see you are wiser now and got the six speed manual transmission.. thats the only way a G should be driven..
Old 03-17-2009, 12:18 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by kayno
I see you are wiser now and got the six speed manual transmission.. thats the only way a G should be driven..
I think you’re on to something. If I stage a wreck and my AT G37 is hopefully totaled, then I can get a manual car as a replacement. Then I no longer have to feel insecure about driving an AT G37. Of course I’ll then wear out my clutch, left leg and back in due time being stuck in LA traffic jams every day, and the AT is just about as fast as the MT, but what the hell, anything to be a “real” sports car enthusiast.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:47 PM
kayno

Originally Posted by Chekov
I think you’re on to something. If I stage a wreck and my AT G37 is hopefully totaled, then I can get a manual car as a replacement. Then I no longer have to feel insecure about driving an AT G37. Of course I’ll then wear out my clutch, left leg and back in due time being stuck in LA traffic jams every day, and the AT is just about as fast as the MT, but what the hell, anything to be a “real” sports car enthusiast.
I aggree with everything you have said all for the one of The AT being as fast as the MT.. I know the numbers all point to the same thing but the feel I get when I drive em both isnt the same.. Its your typical case of my mind is telling me yes my body is telling me no.. but seriously.. the MT feels more aggressive to me.. I feel the G's More and get alot of wheel spin on second and third gear.. Auto didnt seem as aggressive to me.. I guess its cause the manual lets you do what you want .. the auto does what it wants..
Old 03-17-2009, 12:59 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Well, I don’t really want to hijack this thread which is really on another subject, so this will be my last comment here. The subject of auto vs. manual has been discussed many times before. The bottom line is it’s a personal preference, and any suggestion that G37’s should only be driven a certain way is IMHO inaccurate.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:00 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
^ Agree with ya Chekov.

Quick Reply: Rear ended - is it totaled?