Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Arm rest is stuck!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 07:59 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Arm rest is stuck!

I placed my iPod cable in the groove of the arm rest and closed it so I can keep my iPhone outside. Now I can't open the damn thing no matter how hard I push the release button or wiggle the arm rest side to side.

This is the second time this has happened. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there some sort of trick to get it open?
Old 03-06-2009, 08:04 PM
nogoodname
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol.....i can't help but laugh at you..............ahahahahhahaha......sorry
Old 03-06-2009, 08:51 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Try pushing the arm rest back or down then lifting bro. Mine's gotten stuck before with my phone charger cable, but it eventually let loose.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:55 PM
DrJones

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
in case the armrest is different in the 6mt..... anyone have an issue with the armrest not sitting flush....

meaning when its closed you can still press down on it and it has a little play??

sorry for the hijack chase....
Old 03-06-2009, 09:07 PM
G37RacerX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chasemyaccord

This is the second time this has happened. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there some sort of trick to get it open?
? what did you do the first time ?

Old 03-06-2009, 09:13 PM
SFG37S

No I-tunes for you! My wife jambed mine once and I had to lean on it with one elbow right near the latch and push the button with the other hand. I am no little fell'a so I was afraid of snapping the plastic under the cushion but i got her open!....................Good luck!
Old 03-06-2009, 11:34 PM
Jerry

Mine gets stuck all the time, it's very annoying. I usually just give it a good shot in the front.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:26 PM
hotsand5

same issue. I basically have to punch the button to open it all the time. I'll bring it in during my next oil change.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:35 PM
SEATOWNBOY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mine does the same thing. However, next time you have the armrest open, look for two notches to the left of the locking mechanism. I believe those notches are to align your cable. I align my iPod cable in between the two notches and have fewer issues with my armrest.

Give it a try!
Old 03-09-2009, 10:10 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
I've never had this issue. The way I connect my iphone- I pull the ipod cable out before I close the armrest. There is still plenty enough room to then slide it back into the groove-slot under the cusion.

Last edited by KAHBOOM; 03-10-2009 at 11:59 AM.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:36 AM
Keng

No problem with my Zune either
Old 03-10-2009, 01:36 PM
chasemyaccord

Originally Posted by KAHBOOM
I've never had this issue. The way I connect my iphone- I pull the ipod cable out before I close the armrest. There is still plenty enough room to then slide it back into the groove-slot under the cusion.
...pull the ipod cable out before the armrest is closed...haha am i misreading this? of course thats what i do, how would i pull the cable out after the armrest is closed?

unless you're talking about how much slack to pull out before closing it...

anyway, i still have yet to attempt opening the armrest...haven't driven the G in a few days...
Old 03-10-2009, 02:20 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
...pull the ipod cable out before the armrest is closed...haha am i misreading this? of course thats what i do, how would i pull the cable out after the armrest is closed?

unless you're talking about how much slack to pull out before closing it...

anyway, i still have yet to attempt opening the armrest...haven't driven the G in a few days...
Yeah to give you some slack on the line. I got the impression that perhaps some are trying to close the armrest down while the head of the connectector is still in the groove slot. That likely makes the clamp on the armrest too snug with the receiver clamp and not enough slack to disconnect. Either that or the ipod cable itself is not lined up with the groove slot when the armrest is closed- causing the same issue... hope that made sense.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:18 PM
chasemyaccord

Originally Posted by KAHBOOM
Yeah to give you some slack on the line. I got the impression that perhaps some are trying to close the armrest down while the head of the connectector is still in the groove slot. That likely makes the clamp on the armrest too snug with the receiver clamp and not enough slack to disconnect. Either that or the ipod cable itself is not lined up with the groove slot when the armrest is closed- causing the same issue... hope that made sense.
Yeah I get what you're saying, and I usually pull out about half the cable length before closing the arm rest. Not 100% sure, but I'm pretty positive I had the cable in line with the groove. They should have made the groove larger...

Anyway, I'll go give my car an elbow later tonight like someone suggested and see if that works.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:37 PM
Keng

Yeah I get what you're saying, and I usually pull out about half the cable length before closing the arm rest. Not 100% sure, but I'm pretty positive I had the cable in line with the groove. They should have made the groove larger...

Anyway, I'll go give my car an elbow later tonight like someone suggested and see if that works.
Just knife it!

Quick Reply: Arm rest is stuck!