G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2008 G37S being TOWED for 6th TIME to Grubb's!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 09:53 AM
nogoodname
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by 08G37S
Well as of about 15 minutes ago and speaking to Infiniti Roadside - my car will be towed to Grubb's Infiniti for its 5th trip there (the other trip was sent to El Paso cause their computer showed El Paso being closer to Lubbock than Dallas )

Infiniti can never figure out why the car just dies - no codes are present, battery/alt are OK, engine has a few parts replaced and the "reason to my issue" - but still no fix is present.

I love my car but hate all the issues I have had - I am about to let them keep this one = should be close to Texas Lemon Law.

Symptoms:

- car flickers all lights in the car while driving randomly (even during the day)
- no power to anything other than the headlights (stay on)
- can not put the car in neutral
- when the car can be turned on:
- windows roll down randomly (was very sweet when I was at a drive thru car wash - was that a learning experience!!!!)
- audio inputs/preset run threw random (AM to FM to XM to AUX and will sometimes run thru my presents like I am searching for a station)
- car acts likes its fighting for power or running out of gas at a stop/idle

Think I got everything major....

Anyone one on here got any ideas to what my issue may be or why my car sucks???? Cause Infiniti sure as **** doesn't got a clue!

To Infiniti and......well, not far cause car is dead!

Car's computer gone wrong or what......lol
Old 02-25-2009, 10:10 AM
elite

That's a lemon. Hope they don't blame it on Lubbock dirt storms.

PM me if you want Lemon Law info or advice. I sued the **** out of Vandergriff Acura/ Honda motors. Settled out of court. 3 transmissions in 1.5 years. Acura CL Type S. A coupe.
Great motor but a Brazilian Tranny.

Last edited by elite; 02-25-2009 at 10:23 AM.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:20 AM
nogoodname
Banned

^^ true that, suing the daylights out of them is worth it if it comes down to that because it's a 40-50K car. you paid top dollar, now tell them (dealership) how it's gonna go.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:44 AM
Achilles

Yep, state of Texas, three strikes and you're out. You're team as already at the third batter of the lineup. Lemon Law time!! You shouldn't have to go through this BS!!!!

More than likely, you're car has the worst problems a car can have: Electrical Failures. When they are not obvious, they are too difficult to pin-point and fix. Too many unknown variables with variable change throughout the process. Worst of the worst my friend.

Lemon Law that bad girl. Call Infiniti Customer service and start the claim process. Infiniti does NOT like the bad press. Work with them along with your dealership.

Like other members stated, it's not your job to figure out what's wrong with it. LEMON LAW THAT SUCKA!!!!!

PM Elite, he's been thru the lemon law process stuff.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:50 AM
nogoodname
Banned

time to be straight with them, just ask them if they could settle something between the 2 of you
or it's Nissan HQ time plus lemon law and the BBB.... just let them know that you will go after them. if they turn you down....you better follow through with the BBB and Nissan HQ and the lemon law thing......dont give up
Old 02-25-2009, 11:22 AM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Old 02-25-2009, 11:56 AM
Achilles

+1000 ^^^^
Old 02-25-2009, 11:58 AM
elite

When life gives you lemons, make a margarita
Old 02-25-2009, 12:56 PM
08G37S

I know, I know - lemon is most likely the direction this will end.

But my service advisor is taking a new approach now. The car was in an accident about a year ago (April) and the front passenger side took the blow. Apparently thats where the BODY CONTROL MODULE is housed and could be the culprit if it was damaged. Then it goes back to the screwy repair shop and an insurance mess.

The car is on its way now - I will keep this updated for the continuing saga!
Old 02-25-2009, 01:13 PM
GregUMR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man, you already qualify for the lemon law, I'd just pursue that. I mean, they can keep saying oh we can replace this it might fix it and then when you are out on a date your 40k G breaks down and you get no lovin.

They will run you in circles, hell they already have. Take the initiative now even while the car is getting another fix and follow through with the BBB and Infiniti Customer service. You shouldn't have to fear random break downs especially this often, with any new car, especially one you foot a 40k bill on.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:21 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

If not the control module, could be a bad harness during assembly and you don't need to wait around for them to diagnose anymore as has been said a million times here. Just tell them they can have their Gremlins back.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:34 PM
CrackHeadMonsta

Originally Posted by 08G37S
I know, I know - lemon is most likely the direction this will end.

But my service advisor is taking a new approach now. The car was in an accident about a year ago (April) and the front passenger side took the blow. Apparently thats where the BODY CONTROL MODULE is housed and could be the culprit if it was damaged. Then it goes back to the screwy repair shop and an insurance mess.

The car is on its way now - I will keep this updated for the continuing saga!
Dude what the hell is wrong with you, do you not have any hair on your *****???? lol

Why are you keeping this car??? next!!! " I want a new one!!"

That service advisor should be a used car dealer.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:03 PM
Keng

So did you buy this car new or used? You should have mentioned this car was in accident.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:05 PM
Achilles

"It puts the lotion on the skin... it does as it's told or it gets the hose again!!!!"

+1 for lemon or

+1 limón (for our Spanish speaking community)
Old 02-25-2009, 04:26 PM
08G37S

Originally Posted by Keng
So did you buy this car new or used? You should have mentioned this car was in accident.
Bought brand new the Saturday after Thanksgiving 2007. Never figured the accident had anything to do with it till the service advisor was asking. I will DEF pursue Lemon if possible; with the fact that the issue is cured by jumping the car - if it is the module they think was damaged by the accident - my lawyer told me they have an argument.

So I'll see what goes down. Lawyer said that if the module is OK then Lemon Law goes into affect. So I will keep my fingers crossed! LOL!

Here is a fairwell picture...

EDIT: Pictures did not work - dunno why???

Last edited by 08G37S; 02-25-2009 at 04:36 PM.

Quick Reply: 2008 G37S being TOWED for 6th TIME to Grubb's!!!