G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

UPDATE : Steering wheel peeling?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 06:25 AM
NIGHTLFEphantom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you have pics of the scratched steering wheel? I just want to see if mine have these scratches also..
Old 04-08-2009, 10:23 AM
Achilles

There was a thread with pics on it but I cant find it either. The search tool brought up other threads but none with the pics. The pic is of the steering wheel with the surface (where the controls are) scratched. Sort of like from a watch or ring scratching the paint off it. Cheaply done in my opinion. Another Infiniti fail!
Old 04-08-2009, 03:54 PM
fcarpio

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Achilles
There was a thread with pics on it but I cant find it either. The search tool brought up other threads but none with the pics. The pic is of the steering wheel with the surface (where the controls are) scratched. Sort of like from a watch or ring scratching the paint off it. Cheaply done in my opinion. Another Infiniti fail!
Right, it is the piece that surrounds the controls. The one with the different texture, kinda smoother.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:44 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Just to add to this. Mine is getting replaced as well. Infiniti will do it as a courtesy one time only.

When I get my new steering wheel, I am getting something to cover it- either some clear bra material or something of that nature.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:54 PM
StopTheExcuses

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This thread? https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-cou...l-peeling.html
Old 05-08-2009, 11:07 PM
DrJones

Where is Jeremy.... He needs to jump on this!
Old 09-02-2010, 08:09 PM
TomieG

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
You fail at posting pictures. However, I think I know what you're talking about. The black bezel with the satin finish? I have a small scrape on mine too. There was a spot of something on it and I went to wipe it off and some of the finish came off. I hate it.

EDIT: since you fail at posting pics, I went and snapped one. Is this what you mean?
This happened to me today. Very disappointed of the quality of materials in the G.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:00 AM
infamousstunna1

aye bro, what was your service guy from sawgrass infiniti's name?
Old 09-03-2010, 12:07 AM
nickaggie
Registered Member

Glad I saw this thread. My steering wheel looks a lot worse than the posted pic. I figured it would be a "wear and tear" deal, but after seeing others have gotten theirs replaced under warranty I might as well try next time I am near the dealer.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:18 AM
cruzmisl

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

From some sedan i saw on craigslist. Sedans have the same rubber/plastic coat on their doors.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:19 AM
Redline37
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
I have the same problem with the scratching. I also have my steering wheel rubbing off. The steering wheel is starting to turn black... Do you think this will be replaced under warranty?

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 1064
Size:  102.8 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 1606
Size:  86.0 KB
Old 09-03-2010, 02:12 PM
newg37
Banned

all leather that's dyed will eventually wear out due to the oil and acid on your fingers.

good to see infiniti replaced it for that guy out in sawgrass. i live more south so i have to go to warren henry. hope they do it too, assuming that should ever happen to me.

lucky for me i have a black steering wheel so if the leather turns black that's okay too
Old 09-03-2010, 04:31 PM
Jamler

GET THESE... I don't even have the peeling, and I'm getting... they look cool

https://www.myg37.com/forums/body-in...lacements.html
Old 09-03-2010, 04:38 PM
MikeySed

Question: I have a 2009 g37x coupe... my steering wheel has the wheels like both pics in this thread.. I sat in a 2010 in the dealership (and the steering wheel was SMOOTH leather... like the acuras tl/tsx are.. I hope I am making sense.. ours has the snakeskin type marks, and the 2010 in the dealer wasn't it was like acuras.. did they change wheels in 2010? It was much nicer feel
Old 09-03-2010, 08:37 PM
obgbinob

I had similar peeling on the top bezel of my steering wheel. I"m the only person who drives the car and have no idea how the peeling started. The car is an 08, I've owned it since new, and this just happened in July.

The dealer took pictures, then called to say they would replace the wheel and needed to order the wheel. They called a few weeks later and said they had the wheel.

Took the car in for this, the muffler rattle, and normal maintenance. When I picked up the car the service advisor stated that they had the wheel repainted by a local shop as a "courtesy".

I didn't like the bait and switch and let guy know it. The repaint was OK. If you didn't know it was done you wouldn't notice it. However, this week. less than two months latter, the repainted area is starting to discolor, and you can tell that something was done.

Since this "peeling" is happening to a lot of us, it's a material design defect. Infiniti's response to this problem is another demonstration of the lack of commitment to quality and customer satisfaction.

In two years and 25K miles I've had four defects - engine, muffler, steering wheel finish, key bob.

In eight years and 90K miles on my Lexus GS I've had ZERO defects.

I won't buy another Infiniti and not sure how long I'll keep this one. Was planning to give the car to my son when he graduates from college in four years. But who knows what the car would be like then.

My apologies for the long diatribe, but I expected more from this brand.

Quick Reply: UPDATE : Steering wheel peeling?!