Sponsored By:

Smart Key Nightmares?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 03:17 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Reed19x
Stop driving drunk....but most importantly stop driving the G37 drunk!
Drunk - No I need about 12-15 for that. 6 is my cut of limit for Driving.

My thing with drinking is... its fun to get a buzz or drunk but once buzzed or drunk I sleep it off. Dont like the comedown high.

And if your drink 2-3 beers you are DUI. So I roll the dice like the rest of the majority of America.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:28 PM
dannbla
LA G Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Xcaliper
While taking a nap about 20 feet away from my car parked outside my room my windows got rolled down.

I realized the button must of gotten pressed by my phone(in the same pocket) while I was sleeping on my side.

This freaked me out since it could of rained in my car or even had someone steal my Garmin Nav.

I've also had the alarm go off quite a few times because of other stuff in the same pocket.

I think the buttons on the remotes are too sensitive and lack the sunken button feature you find on other remotes.

Never had this prob before with other cars.

From what I've heard your not supposed to keep your smart key next to your cell phone anyway.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:30 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Originally Posted by dannbla
From what I've heard your not supposed to keep your smart key next to your cell phone anyway.

Really? I don't in general. I keep my smart key in right pocket and Phone in left. Just that day I put them together.

The one gripe I have about the auto roll down windows is there is no Auto roll-up.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:33 PM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Really? I don't in general. I keep my smart key in right pocket and Phone in left. Just that day I put them together.

The one gripe I have about the auto roll down windows is there is no Auto roll-up.
i know wtf is up with that??? infiniti is stupid for making an auto down with the key fob but no auto up..... dumb
Old 02-03-2009, 03:41 PM
dannbla
LA G Club

Originally Posted by aliiin
i know wtf is up with that??? infiniti is stupid for making an auto down with the key fob but no auto up..... dumb
Maybe it's a safety concern,
like if you get into a accident and can't open the door or the controls on the door don't work
and you have to get out of the car, you could use the key fob to put the windows down and climb out
Old 02-03-2009, 03:47 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I put my key in my pocket with my phone and that damn key is soo smart it called its mom in Japan. Cost me $600.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:20 PM
TomG37

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I put the smart key in the change pocket in my jeans, makes it harder to push the buttons by mistake.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:28 PM
Infinite G37S

Yeah I do but I had come home from a few beers on the beach and passed out.

I think we all forget sometimes
Quit giving this guy ****, this is a well justified reason, good on you brother!
Old 02-19-2009, 04:33 PM
elite

Old 02-19-2009, 08:16 PM
Timbaland

I never had anything like that happen. I immediately change when I get home though.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:50 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

LOL! This post still going. I'll bet you will at some point set of the alarm by pocket. Seriously the buttons stick out by it's curved design making it easy to press against them. Look at it from the front side and you will see this. I belive this is a slight design flaw. Should be sunken in like other key remotes.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:55 PM
AndrewDDS

I can honestly admit that I accidentally pocket-dial my panic alarm at least once a week. It is arguably the most annoying part of my G that I even tried to disassemble the keyfob and break the buttons on the inside. The dealership told me that it can't be disabled. Does anyone know how, or what to instruct the dealership, to completely disable the panic alarm from the keyfob?!?
Old 02-19-2009, 10:17 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Originally Posted by AndrewDDS
I can honestly admit that I accidentally pocket-dial my panic alarm at least once a week. It is arguably the most annoying part of my G that I even tried to disassemble the keyfob and break the buttons on the inside. The dealership told me that it can't be disabled. Does anyone know how, or what to instruct the dealership, to completely disable the panic alarm from the keyfob?!?

LOL! I hear ya I think there is. Try a search because I think I did see something on that. I heard you can get a key cover and I think it allows you to press through a plastic shield but requires force.

These buttons should be much firmer to press and that would most likely solve it.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:20 PM
AndrewDDS

^^^ I bought the plastic covers!! It dropped my pocket-panic occurrences from a daily pain in the a$$ to a once-a-week headache. I seriously want to blow that little keyfob up sometimes!!
Old 02-20-2009, 12:30 PM
DG37

Do you wear skinny jeans? =)

Quick Reply: Smart Key Nightmares?