G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

NEVER valet your car!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 01:27 AM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Damn, that sucks. I actually just had my car valet last night and this could've been me too. Will definitely think twice next time

I'd talk with a professional detailer (not one of those car wash places on the corner of the street) about buffing that out.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:34 AM
Achilles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that blows!!!!!!!!!!! Damn valets!!!
Old 02-02-2009, 11:21 AM
BrZ33

I would repaint!
Old 02-02-2009, 12:24 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
That doesn't look too bad. It looks like it will buff out.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:35 PM
chasemyaccord

What little white stuff is left should come off, but the area on the bottom of those pictures are chipped off. Can't exactly buff that out. Anyone know of a good detailer in the Riverside or OC area? Maybe I can get some advice from them.

Worst case, I'll probably try the touch up paint later. Not sure if this is true, but my dad told me he went to the Lexus dealer and bought some touch up spray paint...? Has anyone heard of such a thing? I thought they're usually touch up markers or bottles.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:38 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
^ This detailer is out of Chino but he'll go to Riverside... His name is Andrew: 909.241.5881... Does great work and might be able to help you out... Tell him David with the black G37 reffered you
Old 02-02-2009, 12:40 PM
Frank

That sucks!! Looks like some of it should buff out though.
This is why I NEVER valet my car. I used to valey when I was younger and although I never screwed with peoples cars (except for a few A-holes) Every other guy I worked with would mess around with the cars or steal crap from them. A few of the guys would even take the cars out for joy rides.
Next time offer the valet $5 and ask to park it yourself.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:05 PM
ucla bruin

Originally Posted by chasemyaccord
What little white stuff is left should come off, but the area on the bottom of those pictures are chipped off. Can't exactly buff that out. Anyone know of a good detailer in the Riverside or OC area? Maybe I can get some advice from them.

Worst case, I'll probably try the touch up paint later. Not sure if this is true, but my dad told me he went to the Lexus dealer and bought some touch up spray paint...? Has anyone heard of such a thing? I thought they're usually touch up markers or bottles.
I wouldn't use it. You can get some touch-up paint pen or bottle from Infiniti that matches your paint with the same color code. But if it's bigger than a rock chip sized area, I'd leave it for the pros.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:11 PM
gan78mao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn chase! that sux!!
i think a detail would have most of it come off!!
good luck!!!
Old 02-02-2009, 03:05 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Lesson Learned!

I will UNDERLINE if you care about your car don't do this!

My dad took his new Volvo to South Miami Hospital to drop my mom of for surgery and valet parked his car and when he wen to get it they drove the car up literally almost totaled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The valet guy got out didn't speak a work of English (typical in Miami) and handed him the keys like nothing was wrong. Well he of course raised hell and the owner came over trying to tell my Dad he brought the car their like that!

Total BS! MY dad called me and brother and we went over their and raised hell and took it up with south Miami Hospital Management who immediately took hold of situation and to make this story short they paid for the 7,000 dollars of repairs since the valet company who agreed to pay took for ever. Luckily they are fired from that hospital.

Id rather park my car a quater mile away and walk than give it to S*** valet!

If you go valet...hey why not rub sand on your paint and kick some dents. Or better yet at your next visit to the stealership ask them to wash your car.

Another thing is when I go to a parking lot I park my car at the last parking spot away from other cars. Sorry but I am Super **** about my ride!

PS: Ohh the valet guy ddint know how to drive stick shift and gunned it into a wall jumping the parking block and flying it into the air.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:43 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just FYI, the Valet company is responsible for any damage to your vehicle while in there possesion. They probably gave you a little ticket stating they weren't responsible, but thats a crock of BS. Call them and ask them what they plan to do to help fix your car, if they give you any answer other than yes we'll help, ask them for their insurance companies phone number and the policy number which has their garage keepers liablility policy attached to it. In CA if you pay to park or pay to Valet, regardless of what they tell you, the company is taking responsibility for your vechile and an damage which may arise while it is under their, "Care, Custody, or Control." That is straight from the DOI (Department of Insurance) you'll probably get transfered immediately to a manager of that company as soon as you start sounding like you know all the terms and how it works. PM me if you need anymore answers, that I may know, but remember I don't handle claims so I'm limited in my knowledge of the claims process, but I do know what a policy I'm about to sell covers, all Valet and Parking people must carry a garage keepers liability policy or they are going to crash and burn.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:51 PM
chasemyaccord

Originally Posted by Graham
Just FYI, the Valet company is responsible for any damage to your vehicle while in there possesion. They probably gave you a little ticket stating they weren't responsible, but thats a crock of BS. Call them and ask them what they plan to do to help fix your car, if they give you any answer other than yes we'll help, ask them for their insurance companies phone number and the policy number which has their garage keepers liablility policy attached to it. In CA if you pay to park or pay to Valet, regardless of what they tell you, the company is taking responsibility for your vechile and an damage which may arise while it is under their, "Care, Custody, or Control." That is straight from the DOI (Department of Insurance) you'll probably get transfered immediately to a manager of that company as soon as you start sounding like you know all the terms and how it works. PM me if you need anymore answers, that I may know, but remember I don't handle claims so I'm limited in my knowledge of the claims process, but I do know what a policy I'm about to sell covers, all Valet and Parking people must carry a garage keepers liability policy or they are going to crash and burn.
Yeah I noticed the tickets usually say they aren't responsible for damages (always wondered if that was BS or legit). Anyway, I need to look for that valet stub in my car (if I even still have it). This happened on Friday, so does the fact that I waited this long to do something hurt my chances of getting reparations? I'm just a bit skeptical that I can do anything about it now, especially since I didn't notice the damage until the next day and not on the spot, but I'm sure willing to give it a try.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:03 PM
DashKid
Banned

You can fix this up easy. PM if you want some details on how to do it I don't feel like typing up a whole paper on how to re-do it. =).
Old 02-02-2009, 10:22 PM
solopresident
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yup. valets are ****. But if you can prove that they did it, they will fix it and you will come out ok. I got a 4k check from a valet company this year.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:24 PM
w0ady

sorry to hear man. the only time i ever valet is when i can stand there and watch the guy park.

Quick Reply: NEVER valet your car!!!