Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

NEVER valet your car!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 07:04 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by oOmikeyboy
Definitely, but the convenience of using valet is gone when you do this. If you could just examine the valet parking lot for a few minutes, its just easier to park it yourself.
Actually, a lot of places in K-Town don't give you a choice of parking yourself. I tried to find parking outside first (I usually avoid valet), but there weren't any spaces.

Originally Posted by Steve2112
Step back and look at what valet actually is - some 18-19 year old kid who has been driving for 2-3 years at most. Top that off with the attitude that it is not their stuff, and this is what can happen.
actually, everyone at the valet was much older than me. bunch of mexican and middle eastern people were running the one i went to. oh well, lesson learned...if you can't avoid valet, then go somewhere else.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:08 PM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It looks better... but still makes me sad.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:17 PM
wrathletik1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I always try to avoid valeting my car if possible. Some places have valet only, but first thing I do is pay the valet, and ask if I can park it myself. Sometimes that tactic is not a feasible option. For the places I frequent a lot, I built a repoire with the valets and if it costs like 2-3 bucks to park I always give them at least 5 and they take care of me, and will park the car in one of the prime spots up front. If it's busy, I'll break em off a 10. They don't make much, and appreciate it. A little more up front now, goes a long way. It works the same way when I don't know the valet, whatever it costs to park I break em off more and pay first, asking them nicely w/out an arrogant attitude to please take care of the car. It usually works. Sucks what happened to you, though.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:32 PM
Skyline-LEXY

try scratch remover..? its not going to make it perfect but better than nothing rite?
Old 01-31-2009, 07:34 PM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

Originally Posted by chasemyaccord
Actually, a lot of places in K-Town don't give you a choice of parking yourself. I tried to find parking outside first (I usually avoid valet), but there weren't any spaces.
Dang, i didnt know. In Orlando here its pretty much park it yourself kind of deal.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:53 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Dam chase.... That sucks... Try some rubbing compound on it... Should get some of the paint/scratches out.... I never Valet my car... i'd rather park a mile away from where I am going then hand my fob to a complete friggen stranger... But I understand your situation tho... Parking out there sucks (which si why I never go )
Old 01-31-2009, 08:03 PM
JKashat

Well, it didn't improve as much as I thought it would after a wash.

I wonder if I can touch this up to make it look better...

What do you guys think I should do?
I think most of that would buff out, probably not all though. Give it a shot. I wouldn't repaint the whole bumper because of it. Worst case scenario, stop repair/repaint. IMO.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:32 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
That sucks bro, but it could've been much worse. Hope it buffs off.

I went to a friends' Christmas party where they started having valet because the hotel's garage was full. I asked the guy if I can drive it myself and and he rides shotgun. He said "oh, we can't do that". And this dude had the look of itching to "drive" my car. So F it, I parked it myself somewhere else. I'd rather walk a lil' farther.

Last edited by myk1013; 01-31-2009 at 08:37 PM.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:01 PM
lakers8

why dont you go back to each one and raise hell and see which one admits it possibly, go see which one has a white wall with black paint on it or something, just raise hell at each one, they all have insurance they should pay
Old 02-01-2009, 01:52 AM
Riley
Registered Member

nice 100 series landcruiser in the bumper reflection. It just needs a little lift, remove the running boards and she'd be good for off-roading.

oh - sorry about your bumper. a good detail shop might do better with a buffer.

Old 02-01-2009, 04:28 AM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by lakers8
why dont you go back to each one and raise hell and see which one admits it possibly, go see which one has a white wall with black paint on it or something, just raise hell at each one, they all have insurance they should pay
you really think that would work? i heard the majority of the time you can't pull anything off unless it's on the spot. unfortunately, i didn't notice it then.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:53 PM
en-em

I would take it to a detail shop. My friend has a Land Rover and a similar thing happened at a car wash. He went home to try and fix the problem. After a couple of days he gave up because he couldn't do anything using his hand to buff and wax the car. He even tried his own buffer, but he didn't get as far as you got in cleaning up the spot. The car wash where the incident occurred in happened to also be a detail shop so he took it back to them and asked them to help him out. They broke out some crazy 3M wax that had to be buffed in and out. They got EVERYTHING off in minutes and it looked like nothing ever happened. I couldn't freakin' believe it. The guy said that you had to use a buffer and be careful to not push hard 'cause you might burn through the paint. Don't forget Infiniti paint is thin and crappy!! Check your local detail shops and see what they got. It's too bad I can't remember the name of the wax they used. I know it's in a black bottle. Try looking online, they said most of the people that order it are professional detail shops. I think the stuff is like $15 if you bought it online. Well hope you get it all squared away. It's gonna bother you if you don't!!

Old 02-01-2009, 07:58 PM
nogoodname
Banned

yeah, it could have been much worse......mine was much worse
Old 02-01-2009, 09:29 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
That sucks bro. use the factory touch pen to cover what's left. you can get it from any Infiniti dealership.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:16 PM
ReddieG37

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
man.. that sucks. hopefully a detail shop can buff it out real well. i too was at k-town last night and was paranoid of valet parking.

Quick Reply: NEVER valet your car!!!