Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

G37S Front Bumper Square Opening??

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 02:08 AM
Sharp_cai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by elite
It is a good package but it just not too useful compare with the other packages that G37 has,i would love to have it if it comes with the car for standard optional. I am just talking about my feeling of this package, i did not say INFINITI should not make cuz i think it is useless.

G is the best
Old 01-24-2009, 05:07 PM
Mayu

Originally Posted by Sharp_cai
It is a good package but it just not too useful compare with the other packages that G37 has,i would love to have it if it comes with the car for standard optional. I am just talking about my feeling of this package, i did not say INFINITI should not make cuz i think it is useless.

G is the best
So does that mean the 330hp is "useless" since you cant take advatage of it on your "commute"?

We "Drive" not "Commute"...
Old 01-24-2009, 05:14 PM
Serbiasrt8

Originally Posted by Mayu
So does that mean the 330hp is "useless" since you cant take advatage of it on your "commute"?

lol
Old 01-24-2009, 09:22 PM
joeposter
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by eticket
Originally Posted by Kidcane
You mean thats not for the laser guided missle system?
LMAO..actually that option was added to the 09 package.!
Yeah, but it's disabled when the car is moving.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:00 PM
vinnys coupe

dam if i knew that was the package that our headlights turn when we turn i would have gotten it!! i didnt think i needed/wanted anything in that package
Old 01-25-2009, 12:12 AM
G37kitten

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Shhhhh! We don't tell the "Non Tech" folks about that. Or the X-ray vision feature that shows up on our Nav screen.
Darn it, I thought that little box was for the flux capacitor.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:35 AM
Sharp_cai

Originally Posted by Mayu

totally different! how much you have paid for 330hp? and how much you have paid for you tech package? 330hp comes with the car! Tech package is an optional, anyways, that was just my opinion.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:37 AM
TomG37

Originally Posted by KAHBOOM
LOL...

I really wish I had that particular option from the Tech package though.
+1, thats the only option from the tech package that I wanted
Old 01-25-2009, 01:13 AM
dnieto82

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Well what I did, I ordered the front Grill Non tech package without the whole, replaced and it looks way better, the funny thing is that ACC would not work if anything is on the way of its laser, but i tryied it a few times on the highway and it works fine. but then i again i dont really travel much so i dont use it.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:41 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by dnieto82
Well what I did, I ordered the front Grill Non tech package without the whole, replaced and it looks way better, the funny thing is that ACC would not work if anything is on the way of its laser, but i tryied it a few times on the highway and it works fine. but then i again i dont really travel much so i dont use it.
Please use the ICC every time you get a chance for a while and let us know how well it works with the non-cutout grille over time. I'd like to know specifically if 1) your ICC cuts off randomly or after a certain period, 2) if you have trouble setting your speed or adjusting it up or down, 3) if it brakes properly when you approach someone from behind and accelerates properly when you move around them to pass. As you are the first one with Tech who's replaced the lower grille that I'm aware of, you'd be doing the community a huge favor by checking it out for us. Thanks.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:33 PM
vnmgerdes

There is an "I" bolt in the trunk with a loop on the end for a tow truck to fasten to if you are stuck in the mud etc. This square pops out and the bolt is screwed into the fitting. - instruction book! Its with the lug wrench.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:25 PM
dnieto82

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Not problem I will keep you guys posted, the only problem i have found so far that took me a while is that i could not set the the distance or the speed the display would just start blinking. anyways i found out that i had my VDC off and it wont let you use the ICC. Couple of things i've done so far:
1.) got on the highway, turned on my VDC annd set my speed.
2.) I set the distance( tried them all) works fine
3.) got behind a car and started desaccelarating how it should.
So Far so good but i have not tested it long enough to see how sensative would be with the grill on. I will take pic of my car so you guys could see how better it looks. I will keep you Posted!!
Old 01-25-2009, 08:37 PM
joeposter
Registered Member

There's no way the ICC will work with a bumper skin covering the laser.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:59 AM
NotUrG
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by joeposter
There's no way the ICC will work with a bumper skin covering the laser.

Especially when the sensor gets dirty and needs to be cleaned- it would be a huge pain to take that grille off each time that sensor needed to be cleaned. I'll deal with the opening in my front bumper- nobody can really see it anyways.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:39 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Nobody is talking about covering it with a solid plastic bumper, we're talking about the full lower mesh grille. Apparently it does work as dnieto82 just posted that be did it and it's working. It would be easy to clean, just spray some type if APC or degreaser on the sensor face through the mesh, use a thin long handled brush to brush it, and spray water in there with a hose to rinse it off. If it gets really grimy, it takes about 5 or 10 minutes to pull the bumper off to clean it.

How much is the part (lower grille)?

Quick Reply: G37S Front Bumper Square Opening??