G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What is the most WORTHLESS Feature on your G37?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 08:30 PM
VIP G

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AndrewDDS
I don't fully understand this reasoning. Simple physics dictates that light with a yellow wavelength will refract more than a light with a blue wavelength. So, speaking purely from a scientific standpoint, blue/white light should pierce through fog better than yellow light because each microscopic water droplet will refract the yellow light more, scattering it. The picture kind of explains it.

However, I understand that most high-end fog lights are, in fact, yellow. I have always wanted to know why that is. Can anyone explain it?!?!
uh-oh Bill Nye is in the house
Old 01-09-2009, 09:08 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AndrewDDS
I don't fully understand this reasoning. Simple physics dictates that light with a yellow wavelength will refract more than a light with a blue wavelength. So, speaking purely from a scientific standpoint, blue/white light should pierce through fog better than yellow light because each microscopic water droplet will refract the yellow light more, scattering it. The picture kind of explains it.

However, I understand that most high-end fog lights are, in fact, yellow. I have always wanted to know why that is. Can anyone explain it?!?!

You just answered it yourself. Yellow refracts, NOT reflect. White will reflect, meaning the light will bounce off the water particles and goes back in the same angle that it hit the water with. But yellow will refract, meaning that it passes through the water and exits at a different angle. But nevertheless, it will pass through.

Btw nice picture, haha.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:18 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Heat
I actually dont like my washer fluid dlying all over my car. I want it to stay on the window and the G37 does that.
Wait to clean your windows until you are completely stopped.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:35 PM
Heat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe
Wait to clean your windows until you are completely stopped.
I always do. I hate driving behind people when they decide to wash their windows at 70 mph and get my clean car all dirty.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:03 PM
elite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What does Pink Floyd have to do with any of this? Leave the Floyd out of this!
Old 01-10-2009, 01:07 AM
DashKid
Banned

Where in the earth was I missing this thread. The worthless feature to me is the FREAKING sunglass HOLDER. HOLD IS TO SMALL. I was like are you kidding me when I saw how small the hole was. Even my smallest sunglass won't fit there =(. Then it starts to rattle if I position it weird. *RAWR* soo usless.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:31 AM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by VIP G
6MT is for real drivers, anyone can paddle shift. Take a 6MT around curves, now thats fun
Way to insult the majorty of the members of this forum. That's real mature.
Your post is so off topic and does not even flow at all with the context of the thread:
I guess you somehow felt insecure about yourself and wanted to tell everyone that you are a real driver(?)- I don't get it.

#1 This isn't a 6MT vs 5AT thread
#2 That topic is so old and beat to death
#3 What's fun to you and whats fun to someone else is purely subjective.
#4 What's the point of your post?

Last edited by KAHBOOM; 01-11-2009 at 07:37 AM.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:30 PM
w0ady

lol poor brian got jumped on. im sure he didnt mean much harm, i love my paddle shifters.

+1 on yellow fogs being the best for rain/fog. ive got my luminics 2500k bulbs ready to go.

agreed the sunglass holder is no use to me. i actually carry my sunglass case in the door pocket where the drink holder is lol.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:55 AM
COMark

Most worthless

+1 for worthless AND useless clearcoat.

and I didn't see anyone mention the worthless dummied down voice command setup. I don't even bother with it anymore.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:28 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by gurneyeagle
Two things:

1: dummy ducts in the Sport bumper - that's where driving lights should go; and

2: useless, soft clearcoat paint!

Exaclty! Fog light placment, Fake Air Ducts, & that damn PAINT!!!!!!
Old 01-17-2009, 10:55 PM
eticket

Originally Posted by Brush
i hate the fact that you cant enter addresses into your GPS while driving, im sure its a saftey feature, is it possable to turn that off??
....use the voice mode while driving...I used the voice command while driving to call up an address from the address book and the navi mapped it for me. I did not try a new address, will do that next...
Old 01-17-2009, 11:32 PM
GiGGaplease

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the seat reminder thingy. i have no clue how on earth to use it so its useless.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:36 AM
Riley
Registered Member

I assume you mean seat memory.....if yes then:

RTFM if you don't know how to use it. If there's only one driver of your car then it's not that useful for you but many people have 2 people using the car and thus it's pretty nice
Old 01-22-2009, 09:24 AM
ak47
Banned

go to a car audi video shop they can bypass the speed sensor and parking brake wire so you can use your navi while moving.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:25 AM
daveindubai

STFU Feature - how to enable

Originally Posted by Gamedog
Well it seems like my "Passenger STFU" button doesn't ever seem to work when my girl is yappin away and I press it... Hmmm.... Might have to take it in...

Hiya

Have been doing some investigation and have found a solution for you.

1. Enable the feature There is soft touch button on the base of the passenger side headrest - push this in to enable. Once this has been done no need to repeat the action. Note - this can be done when moving - the engineers obviously recognised that not being able to get someone to STFU was a bigger hazard then the distraction that is caused by said person.

2. Activating the the feature When you need to activate the feature, double tap the cruise control button rapidly.

This messages the headrest which will then flip forward and bonk (technical term) the passenger in the back of the head.

If you want this to happen continuously (and I know some people where that would be a definite advantage) triple tap the cruise control.

The headrest will bonk continously until the voice recognition module confirms that the sound coming from the passenger side seat has ceased.

3. Using voice recognition to activate Simple - simply say "Bonk" to have one bonk applied. Say "Bonk Lots" to have the headrest continously activated.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Quick Reply: What is the most WORTHLESS Feature on your G37?