Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Kearny Mesa Infiniti—Worst Experience EVER!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 07:29 PM
leeladisky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seriously... the OP didn't buy a Yugo or a Civic for that matter, he/she purchased an Infiniti - a self proclaimed Luxury vehicle. Luxury vehicles attract detail oriented (read: ****) customers and, being one myself, Infiniti should have experience dealing with customers that want their cars returned to the condition it was when dropped off. **** or not, the warranty is to protect the owner from these exact situations... it truly looks like the OP's car was abused and NO care was taken during the repair process.

I am sorry to hear this - it DOES suck and, I agree with several of the posters - you get more flies with honey... and when all the honey is gone, you're just left with a bunch of flies which is where it sounds like he/she is in the process...

Call consumer affairs, or, do the 100+ mile drive to another dealer and have them try to determine what was done and what can be done to correct it to your satisfaction. I would, under no circumstances, take it back to KMI and let them so much as breath NEAR it, let alone try and "correct" it... who knows what unrelated thing they'll do to the vehicle you'll find out about in 2-3k miles.

BTW: My seat leather is going back for the 6th repair and my passenger side has now started the same appearance... it is NOT wear, my drivers seat was in similar condition at 8+ miles on the car. I have the same Apillar and sun roof noise that they continue to be "unable" to diagnose and my transmission continues to "drop" out of gear intermittantly (it's a 5AT). This will be my first AND last Infiniti as well.

L
Old 01-03-2009, 07:32 PM
DashKid
Banned

Man that is crazy. I hope everything goes well with you. Even though I would would VERY PISSED to if this happened to me but all you should go to court if they don't get this resolved.

keep us updated on what happens monday or whenever.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:34 PM
sdpaulie

Ok first off on the seat since most of you are chiming in on that--I have a friend that bought the exact same car as me a week after and has no ripple in his seat. it is definitely a problem.

As for everyone thinking that I am some super OCD person this is not the case. My feeling on the issue is that if there is going to be damage to my car it is going to come from me. I have had a few bad experiences with dealers one of which completely destroyed the paint on my brand new Escalade (125 miles). They replaced the battery when it was new and dented the fender. scratched the fenders by dragging air hoses all over them and so on. Went back and for for 2 months to get the paint right. didnt have my car for a month when it was new. Now that left me with a really sour taste in my mouth. When you buy a new car all you want to do is drive it =)

I dont know why anyone would be so passive about fixing problems that are wrong with your car. I waited for over 7K miles to get this fixed because it kept getting worse. I was leary about bringing it in for this reason.

No it is not my fault and I did not walk into a situation and bring it on myself. Other peoples property should be taken care of with respect no exceptions.

For all of these people that say they have to deal with people like me all the time.... This is what customer service and management is all about. This dealer has neither. and obviously they cannot perform service properly.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:51 PM
DashKid
Banned

Originally Posted by sdpaulie
Ok first off on the seat since most of you are chiming in on that--I have a friend that bought the exact same car as me a week after and has no ripple in his seat. it is definitely a problem.

As for everyone thinking that I am some super OCD person this is not the case. My feeling on the issue is that if there is going to be damage to my car it is going to come from me. I have had a few bad experiences with dealers one of which completely destroyed the paint on my brand new Escalade (125 miles). They replaced the battery when it was new and dented the fender. scratched the fenders by dragging air hoses all over them and so on. Went back and for for 2 months to get the paint right. didnt have my car for a month when it was new. Now that left me with a really sour taste in my mouth. When you buy a new car all you want to do is drive it =)

I dont know why anyone would be so passive about fixing problems that are wrong with your car. I waited for over 7K miles to get this fixed because it kept getting worse. I was leary about bringing it in for this reason.

No it is not my fault and I did not walk into a situation and bring it on myself. Other peoples property should be taken care of with respect no exceptions.

For all of these people that say they have to deal with people like me all the time.... This is what customer service and management is all about. This dealer has neither. and obviously they cannot perform service properly.
Well from what I know if the dealer can't fix your problem they will replace your car but I'm not sure if they will replace it with a new one or a car that has the same miles and future.

You might want to ask Mike about this.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:14 PM
JS71796

That really sucks that a dealership would treat a car like that. Call consumer affairs division and contact the owner of the dealership. If that doesn't work, get a lawyer.

I've had a few issues but my dealership basically bent over backwards as the MOD stated to make me happy. Don't let this dealership ruin your thoughts on Infiniti products.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:26 PM
sdpaulie

My problem is that I cannot find who the owner of the dealer is. They are owned by sunroad auto and I dont know how to find own who to get in contact with.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:36 PM
JS71796

My problem is that I cannot find who the owner of the dealer is. They are owned by sunroad auto and I dont know how to find own who to get in contact with.
When you call consumer affairs division and you tell them the dealership, ask them if they can give you the contact info.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:38 PM
SOLISIMO

good luck
Old 01-03-2009, 09:39 PM
HamstersG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Personally, I would make an appointment with the General Manager and be real nice. Take a list of what is wrong. Know what you want and what you will accept to make you "happy". Take notes during your conversation. I have a friend that is a long-time GM at a Nissan dealership. He is fully empowered to fix anything. I had to see the GM at a BMW dealer once over a wheel that I said was damaged by service and they wanted to fix it and I wanted a new one.....after about 15 minutes of nice talk I got a new wheel. If that brings no joy, then you can still go the owner, lawyer route.....but your discussion will demostrate you tried to work the system first instead of immediate escalation.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:48 PM
majin ssj eric

Originally Posted by speedracer g37
there's something wrong with you if you think someone wanting things to be right in their $40k car is not supposed to bring it in for service. if the dealership couldn't fix it correctly, they should have said so before damaging his property. this is a big problem in america where people don't take pride in their work or resposiblity for screwing up.
My point is yes, if there is actually something wrong with your car bring it in for service. But a few squeaks, wear on a leather seating surface, and normal startup idling are hardly what I would call "serious defects in design and manufacture". Face it, alot of you guys think because you bought said $40k luxury car the dealer should kiss your *** and replace anything you don't LIKE (rather than what is truly a fault of the manufacturer). To my mind the only thing that should have been replaced for this guy was the faulty center armrest.....
Old 01-03-2009, 09:53 PM
JS71796

Originally Posted by majin ssj eric
My point is yes, if there is actually something wrong with your car bring it in for service. But a few squeaks, wear on a leather seating surface, and normal startup idling are hardly what I would call "serious defects in design and manufacture". Face it, alot of you guys think because you bought said $40k luxury car the dealer should kiss your *** and replace anything you don't LIKE (rather than what is truly a fault of the manufacturer). To my mind the only thing that should have been replaced for this guy was the faulty center armrest.....
Hey, if I wanted rattles I would have bought American!!
Old 01-04-2009, 12:07 AM
HamstersG

Originally Posted by JS71796
Hey, if I wanted rattles I would have bought American!!

They still make American cars? Oh yeah the CEO is now Congress.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:14 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Agree with Kahboom. Get the ball rolling with Infiniti Consumer Affairs and if you don't feel they are going to help with the situation, get a lawyer.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:32 AM
G2Envy

Yep a lot of people have complained about KMI on this forum already. You may want to consider taking your car to the one in Escondido or Carlsbad.

I still take my car in to KMI only because it's so close and convenient. I only go there for oil changes though. If I find anything else that needs to be fixed I'll probably go to the other two dealerships I listed above.

The last time I took my car in for an oil change I told the service guy not to wash the car, as I always tell them. When I got the paper print out of what was to be done to the car that day, I noticed that this time the "No Wash Please" was not listed! I quickly went back to the service guy and told him to make a note as to not wash the car.

I guess by me still taking my car to KMI I'm playing a game of Russian Roulette. Hopefully all I'll ever need them to do is my oil change but if they do something to **** me off I'm heading straight to the other dealerships.

Good luck man. Sucks to hear about your baby being put through this torture. Let us know what they end up doing.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:41 AM
htownboy
Registered Member

Originally Posted by hamdavid
Personally, I would make an appointment with the General Manager and be real nice. Take a list of what is wrong. Know what you want and what you will accept to make you "happy". Take notes during your conversation. I have a friend that is a long-time GM at a Nissan dealership. He is fully empowered to fix anything. I had to see the GM at a BMW dealer once over a wheel that I said was damaged by service and they wanted to fix it and I wanted a new one.....after about 15 minutes of nice talk I got a new wheel. If that brings no joy, then you can still go the owner, lawyer route.....but your discussion will demostrate you tried to work the system first instead of immediate escalation.
Well said, I concur

Quick Reply: Kearny Mesa Infiniti—Worst Experience EVER!