Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Going to be taking delivery soon

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 11:12 AM
iLlmAtIc21390

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Going to be taking delivery soon

So today I pulled the plug on my day off of work. I purchased a BO with stone leather G37 journey. I was unable to get the loan through the infiniti dealer but my bank (Bank of America) was able to approve me at a 9% interest rate for 72 months. I established my credit a half year ago so this was expected. So this is basically what I got

2009 G37 Journey 7AT

Sport package

Premium Package

Navigation Package

Tech Package (I really fought with myself about this one but the sound of having AFS and pre crash seatbelts sounded good)

Vehicle Impact Sensor Alarm (Nice! and probably worth it)

Splash guards

Illuminated Kick Plates

All together it was $44,500 ( about $2000 under MSRP)

I put $9,600 down. I was originally going to put 5 g's down but they wouldn't approve me so I offered up 9 g's and got approved. They also considered that I am a member of the bank. I own a couple credit cards with them and have a checking and savings with them. I know it's a high interest rate but hey I don't have a long credit history and my score is only a 673 so to be even considered for getting a loan satisfied me. How long should the delivery take? I forgot what the guy told me. Oh yeah and I haven't got insurance decided yet. I need to be under my parents but I don't know if the title is suppose to be in my name or my parents if I'm registered under their insurance. Also does the dealer make me get insurance on the spot or can I drive off the lot without insurance and keep it in the garage intil I can decide how I will be doing this.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:39 AM
Graham
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Since your purchasing it, and not getting a loan through Infiniti, I think B of A would be more so concerned with insurance. You'd need at a minimum full coverage since you have a loan, as for your limits and such they'll let you know if you have any minimum requirements other than comp. and collision. As for driving it off the lot, you'll probably need to show proof that you have at least insurance on another vehicle.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:41 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Congrats.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:43 AM
SOLISIMO

Very nice and let the modding begin!
Old 12-30-2008, 04:04 PM
w0ady

like i told you just now bro:

1) call around and compare insurance rates with 3-4 big companies then get that setup first
2) try your local credit union and some online banks like capital one to see what rates they offer you. you can use that to negotiate with the dealer possibly but financing is separate from the car purchase remember. the longer your loan, the more you end up paying but it helps knock your monthly down a bit.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:16 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
The credit rate sounds high and definitely could help you out if you didn't pick it up yet. Didn't the dealer you went to try and help you get a better rate at all?
Old 12-30-2008, 07:26 PM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by iLlmAtIc21390
So today I pulled the plug on my day off of work. I purchased a BO with stone leather G37 journey. I was unable to get the loan through the infiniti dealer but my bank (Bank of America) was able to approve me at a 9% interest rate for 72 months. I established my credit a half year ago so this was expected. So this is basically what I got

2009 G37 Journey 7AT

Sport package

Premium Package

Navigation Package

Tech Package (I really fought with myself about this one but the sound of having AFS and pre crash seatbelts sounded good)

Vehicle Impact Sensor Alarm (Nice! and probably worth it)

Splash guards

Illuminated Kick Plates

All together it was $44,500 ( about $2000 under MSRP)

I put $9,600 down. I was originally going to put 5 g's down but they wouldn't approve me so I offered up 9 g's and got approved. They also considered that I am a member of the bank. I own a couple credit cards with them and have a checking and savings with them. I know it's a high interest rate but hey I don't have a long credit history and my score is only a 673 so to be even considered for getting a loan satisfied me. How long should the delivery take? I forgot what the guy told me. Oh yeah and I haven't got insurance decided yet. I need to be under my parents but I don't know if the title is suppose to be in my name or my parents if I'm registered under their insurance. Also does the dealer make me get insurance on the spot or can I drive off the lot without insurance and keep it in the garage intil I can decide how I will be doing this.
Thats going to be one xpensive ride ...How old are you ???
Old 12-30-2008, 09:00 PM
bnguyen89

Originally Posted by NeverBoneStock
Thats going to be one xpensive ride ...How old are you ???
Based on his Screen name, I would say 18...
Old 12-30-2008, 09:46 PM
Keng

Wow you are paying about 11.6k in interest, bad financial decision.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:49 PM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
9% interest??!?!?! wow....
Old 12-30-2008, 09:50 PM
iLlmAtIc21390

I know I got a bad interest rate but I didn't have a long credit history. I expected this. What I might do within the next year is pay it all off actually at once just not right now cause it would nearly deplete my bank account.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:55 PM
Keng

Assuming you paid it off by 2009, your interest would be still $3300
Old 12-30-2008, 10:22 PM
DarkG37s

Originally Posted by iLlmAtIc21390
I know I got a bad interest rate but I didn't have a long credit history. I expected this. What I might do within the next year is pay it all off actually at once just not right now cause it would nearly deplete my bank account.
I don't mean to rub it in, but that interest is way too high! Especially with the current 08 G37 promo 0.0% APR. I know you mentioned your credit is not good enough to qualify, however, couldn't you ask somebody in your family to co-sign? You are going to be paying through the nose with that high APR and 7 year loan. $9,500 and a 675 FICO score is not all that bad. You could of work something out.

I love my G37s but I am not going to make a bad financial decision just to drive one. But you will learn from this lesson (I also learned that when I was 19) the hard way... I hope you'll really enjoy the car because you sure won't enjoy paying for it. Congrats on the sweet car though.

Last edited by DarkG37s; 12-30-2008 at 10:25 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:36 AM
AndrewDDS

Hey, don't feel bad about that interest rate!! I borrowed $15K from my father when I purchased my G, and asked him for a 3% family rate. He bumped me up to a 5% rate and then laughed at me when I agreed. At least you're getting screwed by the bank!! I ended up just paying him the $15K a few months later and then laughing at him while he put it in the bank making <2%. Just pay it off when you get a chance and you'll be fine.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:12 AM
SEATOWNBOY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats! I'm a newbie to this site myself and am taking delivery of a Athens Blue '08 6MT tomorrow. Pretty excited about it.

Recommendations for you... Do shop around for insurance. I'm with State Farm and have been since I've been driving. State Farm offers financing and refinancing. You should give your local State Farm agent a call for rates and inquire about refinancing. They will most likely beat your current rate. They also offer GAP insurance at no additional cost. This insurance protects you in the event that your car is stolen or totaled in an accident and you owe more than the car is worth.

Dan
Cincinnati

Quick Reply: Going to be taking delivery soon