G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Going to be taking delivery soon

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 09:12 AM
w0ady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you might be better off buying an 08 and saving a lot of $.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:15 AM
AndrewDDS

Originally Posted by SEATOWNBOY
Congrats! I'm a newbie to this site myself and am taking delivery of a Athens Blue '08 6MT tomorrow. Pretty excited about it.

Recommendations for you... Do shop around for insurance. I'm with State Farm and have been since I've been driving. State Farm offers financing and refinancing. You should give your local State Farm agent a call for rates and inquire about refinancing. They will most likely beat your current rate. They also offer GAP insurance at no additional cost. This insurance protects you in the event that your car is stolen or totaled in an accident and you owe more than the car is worth.

Dan
Cincinnati
Welcome to the forum neighbor!! Did you buy at Infiniti of Cincinnati? Let me know how your experience there is; I'm considering switching to them for all my routine service.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:41 PM
iLlmAtIc21390

Hey you guys are from Ohio right? I use to live there back in the early 90's. I'm actually surprised there is some G37 owners there cause out of all the states Ohio was the one hit hard with unemployment. How is everything there?
Old 12-31-2008, 01:06 PM
AndrewDDS

I can't speak for the other guys, but I have only seen two other G37's in the 8 months that I have had mine. Things have definitely taken a hit here in Dayton, but it doesn't seem like Columbus or Cincinnati have felt the full brunt of the unemployment yet. To be honest with you, I haven't really noticed much change from the economy. There are still tons of brand new cars on the road, and I see new $60K+ cars on the road everyday. People might now have as much money here, but they're sure as hell still spending it like they have it!!
Old 12-31-2008, 01:18 PM
iLlmAtIc21390

It's the same here too. I here all this crap about the economy being bad but it doesn't look like it here. I see alot of G37's on the road everyday here. Yes the economy is in bad shape right now but it's really the media that makes it appear worse than what it actually is. I'm assuming your a dentist by what your profile says right? See doctors, dentists, etc etc are the people that won't be effected by it cause there will always be people who need them.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:34 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Damn dude, you give a new meaning to doing "whatever it takes". Good going though, you got what you wanted and that's what matters. Congrats and post some pix of the new ride when you get a chance.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:31 AM
SEATOWNBOY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AndrewDDS
Welcome to the forum neighbor!! Did you buy at Infiniti of Cincinnati? Let me know how your experience there is; I'm considering switching to them for all my routine service.
I actually flew down to Austin, Texas and purchased it at a Nissan used car dealer. I found the car on Autotrader.com. Got a very good price on the car. I drove it back from Austin. Gave me some time to get comfortable with it. Great car.

Regarding Infiniti of Cincinnati, I will most likely use them for servicing as my manager bought his there and is happy with their service. I need to find a lug nut key as I noticed mine is missing. I may stop up there today to look into it.

I've only seen two other G37's around here. They're just not a common car to begin with. The G35 coupe is more common, but you still don't see a ton. The sedan however is very common. One of the reason's I chose The G Coupe over a BMW. Beemers are a dime a dozen here. I wanted a good car that was not very common and I found it.

Dan
Old 01-05-2009, 06:57 PM
Danny049

Originally Posted by SEATOWNBOY
I actually flew down to Austin, Texas and purchased it at a Nissan used car dealer. I found the car on Autotrader.com. Got a very good price on the car. I drove it back from Austin. Gave me some time to get comfortable with it. Great car.

Regarding Infiniti of Cincinnati, I will most likely use them for servicing as my manager bought his there and is happy with their service. I need to find a lug nut key as I noticed mine is missing. I may stop up there today to look into it.

I've only seen two other G37's around here. They're just not a common car to begin with. The G35 coupe is more common, but you still don't see a ton. The sedan however is very common. One of the reason's I chose The G Coupe over a BMW. Beemers are a dime a dozen here. I wanted a good car that was not very common and I found it.

Dan
Hey Dan, this is Dan from Infiniti of Cincinnati, I was your advisor today...I hope your experience today wasn't too terrible lol. It's rare seeing Cincy folks on here so it's nice to finally meet one. As far as service/maint goes, I would definately recommend coming to us. We've heard our fair share of Infiniti of Dayton horror stories and I'm sure they've heard a few as well, but we have a great reputation and will definatley help you out. If you need anything in the next few months, let me know and I'll do whatever I can to help you out. I'm part-time so I'm only there Mon/Wed/Fri/Sat.

iLlmAtIc21390: same goes for you and your service. Dayton may be closer, but if you don't like their service department give us a try!
Old 01-05-2009, 07:04 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
9%...well, I've seen worse, but yeah, you should pay that loan off as quick as possible, you don't wanna end up paying $50K+ for this thing. Congratulations though, it's one sick ride and you'll enjoy it.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:56 PM
SEATOWNBOY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Danny049
Hey Dan, this is Dan from Infiniti of Cincinnati, I was your advisor today...I hope your experience today wasn't too terrible lol. It's rare seeing Cincy folks on here so it's nice to finally meet one. As far as service/maint goes, I would definately recommend coming to us. We've heard our fair share of Infiniti of Dayton horror stories and I'm sure they've heard a few as well, but we have a great reputation and will definatley help you out. If you need anything in the next few months, let me know and I'll do whatever I can to help you out. I'm part-time so I'm only there Mon/Wed/Fri/Sat.

iLlmAtIc21390: same goes for you and your service. Dayton may be closer, but if you don't like their service department give us a try!
Dan,

Appreciate your assistance this morning. I was happy with the courteous and professional handling of my inquiries and request for replacement parts. I intend on having my car serviced at Infiniti of Cincinnati in the future. I have your card... will be giving you call. Let me know when my part comes in.

Dan
Old 01-05-2009, 08:50 PM
iLlmAtIc21390

What? I don't live in Ohio lol, I live in NYC, I use to live in Ohio back in the 90's that's what I meant.

Either way I will be getting my service done at Infiniti of Manhattan. The people there are nice and everything cause my dad gets his M45 serviced there. I had Infiniti of Massepequa in mind, but after that story I heard I changed my mind. Can't take that risk.

Last edited by iLlmAtIc21390; 01-05-2009 at 08:56 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:58 AM
Roseyhebert

9% is nothing compared to a friend of mine with crappy credit. She got some sort of Toyota at a 13% rate. Improved her credit, sold the car and bought something else at 1.5% 2 years later. She put down enough so that when she sold it she owed less than it was worth (and took care of it).
Congrats on the car. Just be sure to make payments on time and your credit score will get so much better.
As for the insurance thing, 99.9% of car places won't let you drive the car off the lot without any insurance so you must have it before hand. If you are under your parents policy then you should be fine as long as you have proof.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:42 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by iLlmAtIc21390
What? I don't live in Ohio lol, I live in NYC, I use to live in Ohio back in the 90's that's what I meant.

Either way I will be getting my service done at Infiniti of Manhattan. The people there are nice and everything cause my dad gets his M45 serviced there. I had Infiniti of Massepequa in mind, but after that story I heard I changed my mind. Can't take that risk.
i guess you listen to the media fairly well then. you didn't read that story closely and you don't know half of the basics of that. there are stories for almost every dealership known especially in the Tri-State area where someone went to Manhasset and they blew up his motor and blah blah blah. I won't talk bad b/c I started in the car business working there and left for reasons but glad you're enjoying your new G. sign up onto g35nyc.com if you want to get some more members and meets.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:51 PM
andromeda

Originally Posted by AndrewDDS
Hey, don't feel bad about that interest rate!! I borrowed $15K from my father when I purchased my G, and asked him for a 3% family rate. He bumped me up to a 5% rate and then laughed at me when I agreed. At least you're getting screwed by the bank!! I ended up just paying him the $15K a few months later and then laughing at him while he put it in the bank making <2%. Just pay it off when you get a chance and you'll be fine.
Wow..Feel a bit shocked...I give money to my parents, if it would be the other way around it'd be free of charge..what interest??
I will say no more.
A
Old 01-06-2009, 05:52 PM
iLlmAtIc21390

I'm currently a member of G35NYC.com. Great website and lots of info. Hopefully I make some time for a meet or something cause I'm busy with work.

I was actually going to come to you kenny when I was buying but I got no reply from you so I thought you didn't want to help me. I sent you a couple messages, and even waited a month or something for you to reply.

Last edited by iLlmAtIc21390; 01-06-2009 at 05:58 PM.