Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Dead Battery Already

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 11:31 AM
Sweeet P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dead Battery Already

11,300 miles on my car in 1 Year. Started car to leave the mall last night...dead battery! Called Infiniti Roadside...truck was there in 30 minutes. Interesting thing was that the guy jump started my car and was sort of chuckling the whole time. Apparently...he says that Infiniti's are notorious for dead batteries...especially the G series. Also says I was the 5th G coupe he's had to jump start this week. The only car he mentioned with the same issue was the Acura TL's.

For those of you who have had Infiniti's before...would you say that this is true? BTW...I did not leave any lights on...I use the radio once in a while when parked...and my wife and I carpool everyweek, alternating cars. Would I be able to get it replaced at no charge?
Old 12-11-2008, 11:54 AM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
You should be able to get it replaced for free under warranty... I had a 2006 TL before the G and it died within a year too... Weird....
Old 12-11-2008, 12:00 PM
Sweeet P

Originally Posted by Gamedog
You should be able to get it replaced for free under warranty... I had a 2006 TL before the G and it died within a year too... Weird....
Interesting....yeah the guy said that because of all the new electronics...the juice just gets sucked up pretty quickly. Makes me wonder if the battery I have is the same same battery used on the Iphone 3G!
Old 12-11-2008, 12:08 PM
PSYH
Post Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
11,300 miles in 1 Year? Mine died at about 5,300 miles, less than a week ago.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:09 PM
teedough

not me... yet.. 11,000 6 months rofl
Old 12-11-2008, 02:44 PM
maxipad96

Mine is struggling on cold morning startups. Also have an icon on the dash that is saying low battery for the key?
Old 12-11-2008, 03:53 PM
Wezbian
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mine has died twice in the last year, bought the car in january it died in may and when it was jump started it blew the passanger HID ballast only. Then it died again in August and...blew the passenger side ballast AGAIN. I couldnt get the ballast covered under warranty the second time because I baked my lights and they said forget it. I might take my car in to have the battery replaced as they did not do that the first time it died.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:05 PM
aznutx

mine died at 4k
Old 12-12-2008, 01:02 PM
Sweeet P

Got back from dealer with a printout of their "Infiniti Battery Prorate schedule". Since I've owned my car for exactly 13 months...I still have to pay 25%...about $26. Not much...but after a year of ownership...dead battery...freaking ridiculous! As soon as I get out of the car...I tell the service guy that the Infiniti roadside guy said that G's are notorious for dead batteries. My service guy IMMEDIATELY says an emphatic "OH YEAH".

Had it been 12 months or less...battery cost would be covered 100%. Thing to note is that the replacement battery is a better one and is warranted for 18 months rather than 12 months for the original battery.

Just waiting for them to test the battery. Battery has to fail for them to replace it. But I don't see how that will happen since the after the jump start...battery has been fine the last 2 days.

Lastly, even when I get it replaced...I guess I better hope the battery fails within 18 months or I'll be partially paying for another battery in just another year and a half.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:48 PM
gan78mao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow
ive had the car more than a year and 3 months now at 18k my batterys stil fine.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:04 PM
aznutx

Originally Posted by Sweeet P
Got back from dealer with a printout of their "Infiniti Battery Prorate schedule". Since I've owned my car for exactly 13 months...I still have to pay 25%...about $26. Not much...but after a year of ownership...dead battery...freaking ridiculous! As soon as I get out of the car...I tell the service guy that the Infiniti roadside guy said that G's are notorious for dead batteries. My service guy IMMEDIATELY says an emphatic "OH YEAH".

Had it been 12 months or less...battery cost would be covered 100%. Thing to note is that the replacement battery is a better one and is warranted for 18 months rather than 12 months for the original battery.

Just waiting for them to test the battery. Battery has to fail for them to replace it. But I don't see how that will happen since the after the jump start...battery has been fine the last 2 days.

Lastly, even when I get it replaced...I guess I better hope the battery fails within 18 months or I'll be partially paying for another battery in just another year and a half.
i took my car in 14months after owning, and i was covered 100%. replaced the battery and i was good to go.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:19 PM
Sweeet P

Originally Posted by aznutx
i took my car in 14months after owning, and i was covered 100%. replaced the battery and i was good to go.
Really....hmm...wonder how I'm going to argue with the dealer. As I said...they gave me print out that says after 12 months...only 75% coverage. Did they give a hard time about it or was it no questions asked? Just wondering why the discrepancy.

Thanks for the info though.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:21 PM
aznutx

no questions asked, i went in assuming it was a drain on the battery or something so i went in and told my story about how i had to jump it every couple days etcetc
i get a call back, ur car just had a dead battery and ur good to go.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:22 PM
aznutx

im looking at the warranty on http://www.infiniti.com/pdf/ownershi...ranty_2008.pdf right now

and it says 0-24 months 0% customer pay percentage...

u got owned
Old 12-12-2008, 11:21 PM
leeI35G35

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Dealer information

Guys, my battery used to die on me and I asked my mechanic what was up? He said this was a major complaint and he stated that "if you use the keyless door button, on either the driver or passenger side exterior door, that it drains the battery." For some reason, he said this feature monitors the door lock mechanism and is to only be used for a short amount of time, as in grocery shopping, going to the mall or running a quick errand. I was informed to lock the door using the keyfob if I was going to be away from the car long periods of time.

Since then, my battery has not died on me at all. I do not know how true this is, but this came from my mechanic I use at passport infiniti.

Quick Reply: Dead Battery Already