G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Dead Battery Already

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 04:08 PM
aznutx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nope, for me 99% of the time i only drive when the sun is out, never have mine on auto, nor do i have my dome lights on 'door' i always have it set to off, another issue someone mentioned was dont lock the doors with the handle button, i always lock mine with the fob, so dunno wut the issue was, but good news, it's been a few months etc after i switched to the redtop batt. everything is fine, and starts cleaner/faster than the factory ones
Old 07-24-2009, 10:44 PM
I.P. Freely

Originally Posted by aznutx
did u buy ur car new? if so it's a 100% warranty on a battery before 12months then it's prorated to 24months....
Bought my car new but my dealer did a test on the battery and said it still works. I told them to just charge me for a new one anyway. It sucks to be stranded in your new car.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:46 PM
aznutx

ah i see, well i had 2 factory batteries fail on me, so i hope u have better luck!
Old 07-25-2009, 09:04 AM
SkyMG37x
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Do all of you have any aftermarket grounding kit or accessory connected directly to the battery neg. terminal? I see at least one sig with a grounding kit.

The G's electrical system monitors current drain on the negative side of the battery between the terminal and the body ground as part of it's variable voltage control. This is used to control the voltage output of the generator. If you bypass that current sensor, which you do if you connect anything directly to the battery neg. terminal, the generator will not output the proper voltage and will prevent the battery from becoming fully charged. Over time a battery that will affect the battery's life as well.

It's in the owner's manual.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:24 AM
aznutx

Originally Posted by SkyMG37x
Do all of you have any aftermarket grounding kit or accessory connected directly to the battery neg. terminal? I see at least one sig with a grounding kit.

The G's electrical system monitors current drain on the negative side of the battery between the terminal and the body ground as part of it's variable voltage control. This is used to control the voltage output of the generator. If you bypass that current sensor, which you do if you connect anything directly to the battery neg. terminal, the generator will not output the proper voltage and will prevent the battery from becoming fully charged. Over time a battery that will affect the battery's life as well.

It's in the owner's manual.
nope no grounding kit when my factory batteries died, also i do have the BBv2 grounding kit haha and have yet to install them, BB gonna hate on me soon enough
Old 07-26-2009, 10:09 AM
earth0

cdeez, that may be possible. I have had mine 3rd battery change in one year
of mine 08 G35x.after i disconnect the Grounding Kit and Replace the carbin LEDs. It's all gone.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:45 AM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
I went through a battery in like 12 months,dealer replaced for free.hassle to have it die.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:43 PM
bobmcc

My battery went dead a few months ago. I only use my car as a week-ender when the weather is good. Sometimes it may sit in the garage for more than a week at a time (I have less than 4,000 miles in 18 months). About once a month I use a trickle charger called "BATTERY TENDER" overnight and it has not happened again.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:43 PM
SEATOWNBOY

Has anyone ever caught themselves turning off the car and accidently hitting the start button twice? This puts you in ACC mode. Does the ACC shut off after lack of accessory use after a given amount of time? If not, then maybe some of you are not noticing that you are not only shutting off your car, but also putting it into ACC mode and draining the battery.

Thoughts?

I just caught myself doing this yesterday and the only indication that it was in ACC mode was the lighted "ACC" letters above the start button. I had no accessories on. This could be draining the batteries if you tap the button twice and not knowing it.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:56 PM
Sharp_cai

i used to park my car at my gf's drive way and sit inside for like 2 hours with radio on, i was still able to start the car afterwards, never had any problem with my battery, is that mean my battery is fine since i have 20K on my G already? Kind of worried after i read this post.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:06 PM
ufo
Registered Member

As far as I know, if the car is in ACC mode and the smart key is not inside the vehicle, it will turn to OFF automatically after about an hour. I noticed this several times while listening to the radio while doing something outside the car.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:11 PM
aznutx

Originally Posted by SEATOWNBOY
Has anyone ever caught themselves turning off the car and accidently hitting the start button twice? This puts you in ACC mode. Does the ACC shut off after lack of accessory use after a given amount of time? If not, then maybe some of you are not noticing that you are not only shutting off your car, but also putting it into ACC mode and draining the battery.

Thoughts?

I just caught myself doing this yesterday and the only indication that it was in ACC mode was the lighted "ACC" letters above the start button. I had no accessories on. This could be draining the batteries if you tap the button twice and not knowing it.
well the problem with most of us i think.. is that the battery dies . fine, we jump it and should be ok, but it will consistently die over and over in the following days and although some places you take the battery to, will say it's fine, when we all know it's not, due to most of us replacing the battery and everything is fine.. at least for a while. as for me im still going strong and im on my 3rd battery (this one aftermarket) since obtaining the car almost 2yrs ago, so in my experience it's not the car's fault, but the battery :\ , just my 2c
Old 07-29-2009, 05:04 PM
nestle_!9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i turned MY aCC because i connected a lighter light when i was doing something to my car,, guess what! can't start the car after that.. need a jump start
Old 07-29-2009, 06:20 PM
ufo
Registered Member

Originally Posted by SEATOWNBOY

Thoughts?

I think the screen comes on if the car is in ACC.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:55 PM
w29bucca

I purchased my G37S coupe in Aug. 08, I have been through 2 batteries and the dealer ship doesn't know what could be causing this. My last battery replacement as 6/18/09, and I just had to have it jumped today 7/29/09. There is something that is drawing off the battery even when the car if off. Again, I will be inconvenienced for the 6th time. Dealership will probably put in another battery, but it seems to me that with all the problems Infiniti would look into this. I have been to automotive forums about the batteries and some people say it is in sound system (Bose). I have searched recall notices and there are NONE. Any other ideas?? I am contacting a Lemon Law Lawyer and see what direction that leads me. Will keep you informed. Good luck to all of you with this problem. It is a real drag.

Last edited by w29bucca; 07-29-2009 at 10:02 PM.

Quick Reply: Dead Battery Already