G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Dead Battery Already

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 09:18 AM
aznutx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
everytime u disconnect the battery for a while the windows go crazy, hold down the windows for 15secs+ (not the auto down but down) and back up for 15+secs (not the auto up) and ohyay fixed. if nto then go dealer hope that saved u atrip
Old 03-26-2009, 11:50 AM
Heat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by aznutx
@heat, u still using infiniti replacement batteries or did u swap out with aftermarkets ones?
no still the OEM battery. I shouldnt have to replace a battery on a brand new car. I have nothing drawing power from it either. Only my radar detector which is turned off when the power goes off. I will probably end up buying a new battery soon though. It is quite embarrasing to have to get jumped all the time. I have never had this problem on any other car.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:08 PM
aznutx

Originally Posted by Heat
no still the OEM battery. I shouldnt have to replace a battery on a brand new car. I have nothing drawing power from it either. Only my radar detector which is turned off when the power goes off. I will probably end up buying a new battery soon though. It is quite embarrasing to have to get jumped all the time. I have never had this problem on any other car.
100% agree with you. only difference between you and me is i live 3hrs from the closest dealership where the trouble to go get my battery replaced or looked at, outweighs me buying an optima. i just received it today in the mail, if the optima dies too, ima really buckle down and figure out wut the heck is the problem or give up entirely and get a new car haha
Old 03-26-2009, 11:02 PM
earth0

Hey! just want to chime in. Mine battery was dead from 5000mi so i have change to Ultima Redtop.Right now i have 8000mi and the Redtop is dead today.GuD Dam Infiniti wat ta heck going on here!!! It make me siGGG!!!
So i just jump start and have it recharge like one hour then i try to start the car and it work just fine but i think it will not last long. I will drop mine G at Manhattan Infiniti Stealer.hope mine G came back in piece.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:09 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
did they warranty it?
Old 03-26-2009, 11:09 PM
earth0

Guy!! Just went back and read this first page below post#15 may be this is the cause!!!

12-12-2008, 07:21 PM #15
leeI35G35
My Garage

Trader Score: (0)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys, my battery used to die on me and I asked my mechanic what was up? He said this was a major complaint and he stated that "if you use the keyless door button, on either the driver or passenger side exterior door, that it drains the battery." For some reason, he said this feature monitors the door lock mechanism and is to only be used for a short amount of time, as in grocery shopping, going to the mall or running a quick errand. I was informed to lock the door using the keyfob if I was going to be away from the car long periods of time.

Since then, my battery has not died on me at all. I do not know how true this is, but this came from my mechanic I use at passport infiniti.

Old 03-26-2009, 11:11 PM
da mayor

ask for a voltage meter test run. let them leave the car there for a day and see how the voltage runs. if you have a new car that sits there and they don't charge the battery, you're probably go to run into problems in teh future.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:24 PM
earth0

They said so. This is mine secone one now and it's dead!! Is there gonna be ploblem with the redtop at the dealer?
Old 03-27-2009, 01:08 AM
aznutx

perhaps brign ur dead battery if u stil lhave it, just to prove.
but ur in all our shoes, gl and i hope u have good results because i never got any.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:55 PM
junyea

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Battery died at dealer!

Took my car for oil change, and problem with radio station presets.
Service worker told me to keep my radio on while we waited for the mechanic seen the problem. After 10-15 mins, the battery was dead.

They tested the battery, and it was low. They didn't replace it, they only recharged it, per service dept. I haven't even tried to have the radio on with the engine off, with fear that i will stay stranded somewhere. I have had my car for 17months. Should I try to get it replaced, or should I just get a battery from AutoZone?
Old 03-28-2009, 03:09 PM
aznutx

i dunno up to u about ur battery, here's a little update from me
just changed out to a redtop battery, drove around, started it a few times, about 30mins ago, started great... so far. will let u guys know the next time my battery dies

i think it may be an infiniti battery problem. seems quite a few of us have this problem but if it's free, get it replaced.

though that being said, another member replaced with an optima redtop also, and been having the same problem

but seeing as u can still start ur car, and only worried about the radio being on while the car is off, i think you're ok, but im no mechanic
Old 03-28-2009, 05:43 PM
earth0

You will notice the drain again after 3-4 months same as me. I got mine Redtop just last 2-3 month ago and never turn on anything w/o starting the car.Something is drain our battery.I think the stealer fixing the wrong cause.
Even you have charge the battery in full or have new battery change.Yeh~~~ you can start your car but after 2-3 month it will drain again Bro. I will have mine G tow on monday to stealer ship.I hope they will fix the right way but hopeless b'cos i think they're going to replace the battery for me.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:48 PM
ShyTown91
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My battery has died twice and I only have 1500 miles on it...
Old 03-31-2009, 07:16 PM
earth0

Da"n Manhattan Infiniti Service DEPT.

Update guy! so i jump start the car and took it to
F+ Service DEPT Manhattan Infiniti.The guy name "Rene" step up and asking me.
So i explain to him that this has been mine second battery (Redtop) that i bought brand new.The first thing he said that " You're really in big trouble,Sir"
I was like WTF!! He haven't check and see the car for what is causing the drain out battery.Then i said i need him to check up and he said to me that "it will be $150 for just checking the car if it's not cover by warranty since you used aftermkt battery" I meant WTF how ta heg he can proved that his OEM battery is better than mine REDTOP and WTF again!!!!
So i said I don't give a da'n with the battery price if it's not cover..i can paid for but mine concerned is the cause of the drain out with mine 2nd battery since it's already happended with most all our G and alot in G37 Coupe.and i even told him that. This gut try not to listen to me but even talk sh't trying to escape and refused! so i went to the sales dept.trying to complaint them about this guy finally a girl name April from Service DEPt call me up and reschedule for me on April 6th with a loaner. I hope they can fix it for me under warranty. I've told them that if this is not warranty so this will be mine first and last infiniti ever.most of our family has been a good infiniti user.
If someone out there can guide me to pls.!! I hope Kenny could help me out.

Sorry for the long story but i'm so dissapoint the Infiniti with KIA Services!

i will keep you guy update!
Old 03-31-2009, 07:35 PM
da mayor

Originally Posted by earth0
Update guy! so i jump start the car and took it to
F+ Service DEPT Manhattan Infiniti.The guy name "Rene" step up and asking me.
So i explain to him that this has been mine second battery (Redtop) that i bought brand new.The first thing he said that " You're really in big trouble,Sir"
I was like WTF!! He haven't check and see the car for what is causing the drain out battery.Then i said i need him to check up and he said to me that "it will be $150 for just checking the car if it's not cover by warranty since you used aftermkt battery" I meant WTF how ta heg he can proved that his OEM battery is better than mine REDTOP and WTF again!!!!
So i said I don't give a da'n with the battery price if it's not cover..i can paid for but mine concerned is the cause of the drain out with mine 2nd battery since it's already happended with most all our G and alot in G37 Coupe.and i even told him that. This gut try not to listen to me but even talk sh't trying to escape and refused! so i went to the sales dept.trying to complaint them about this guy finally a girl name April from Service DEPt call me up and reschedule for me on April 6th with a loaner. I hope they can fix it for me under warranty. I've told them that if this is not warranty so this will be mine first and last infiniti ever.most of our family has been a good infiniti user.
If someone out there can guide me to pls.!! I hope Kenny could help me out.

Sorry for the long story but i'm so dissapoint the Infiniti with KIA Services!

i will keep you guy update!

thats what you get for going to another service department. i can't vouch for their type of treatment to you as a customer. send me a PM and maybe we can discuss this further if I can help you out.

Quick Reply: Dead Battery Already