Sponsored By:

Dead Battery Already

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 11:29 AM
SleepyMonkey
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mphouston
I opened the trunk from the back seat. Drop the back seat and pull the glow-in-the-dark trunk open handle .
thanks - I didn't think of the kidnap handle. Now I can get these cables out of my cabin!
Old 06-11-2010, 02:11 PM
mphouston

There is also a red strap to drop the rear seat. It is accessible from the rear seat between the seat back and seat bottom.

It is just behind the back seat center console. You have to dig a little to find it. Pulling releases the seat back.

I found out about this after my first dead battery incident 2 years ago .
Old 12-27-2010, 01:11 PM
christian655321

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I find something new here everyday.. I guess i cant do this since i do not want to erase my ecu...
Old 12-27-2010, 02:32 PM
htown_86

My G sat in the garage for 6 months while i was deployed, no battery drain
Old 12-27-2010, 02:46 PM
rbocc13

make them pay..

Originally Posted by Sweeet P
Got back from dealer with a printout of their "Infiniti Battery Prorate schedule". Since I've owned my car for exactly 13 months...I still have to pay 25%...about $26. Not much...but after a year of ownership...dead battery...freaking ridiculous! As soon as I get out of the car...I tell the service guy that the Infiniti roadside guy said that G's are notorious for dead batteries. My service guy IMMEDIATELY says an emphatic "OH YEAH".

Had it been 12 months or less...battery cost would be covered 100%. Thing to note is that the replacement battery is a better one and is warranted for 18 months rather than 12 months for the original battery.

Just waiting for them to test the battery. Battery has to fail for them to replace it. But I don't see how that will happen since the after the jump start...battery has been fine the last 2 days.

Lastly, even when I get it replaced...I guess I better hope the battery fails within 18 months or I'll be partially paying for another battery in just another year and a half.
I bought my g coupe used with 10k miles and at 13k the battery messed up brought it in, they "charged" it, big deal 2 days later in my garage go to leave and kicks but doesnt start, waited then finally it started. Called back searched this site for TSB and printed it out brought it in and was like obviously this is the problem fix it, handed them the TSB print out and it was fixed. Dealer trying to cheap out and take the lazy way out instead of doing it right the first time. I had it at the dealer 3 times and about to be 4 all for warranty work. I have not paid a cent and wont. 08 g37s coupe
Old 01-06-2011, 01:18 AM
demuslee

Well after reading this post, I've been carefully watching my battery. Last week, it started starting very weak. I took it in to the dealership and the service writer said the battery issue is a common problem with these g37 coupes. What happens is that every night the computer is recycling and checking components. If you drive the car only a few miles every day the battery wont have enough time to recharge properly. He said what they do is to change one of the sensors, change the computer setting to not check so frequently and gave me a new larger battery all at no cost to me!
Old 01-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Danny Boy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by demuslee
What happens is that every night the computer is recycling and checking components.
This is a new one for me!
Old 01-06-2011, 02:23 PM
3BEP6

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bought my car a little bit more than 3 months ago and brought it into Infiniti of Manhattan for a complimentary oil change asking to check the battery for slow cranking. Was told I need a new battery and since I bought the car from them after extensive arguing got them to split the bill($125 ). Its 08 G-coupe 6mt, and I still think they should have paid for it since I got the car from them and so little time passed... They are scumbags anyway.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:46 PM
firstluxurycar

Ughh, count me in as another person who is having issues with the battery. I only have 10k miles on it, and my battery's already failing. Late last year, I didn't drive the car for 4 days and when I tried to start it, it wouldn't start. Had to call roadside assistance to jump start it. Yesterday, tried to start the car and it wouldn't start. I knew something was wrong again, as the car has been struggling to start up this past week. I've only driven the car a few times this past week, so maybe that's why the battery died out again.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:15 PM
RJ1AZ

I've got an appointment to get this handled this Friday. Took it in to the dealer last Friday since I was in the area and explained the symptoms....car sits in the garage all week...acts like it's having trouble cranking...had to recharge the battery because it wouldn't start last time... yadda, yadda, yadda. The service guy tries to tell me "that's common on these cars" and "you need to put it on a trickle charger". I try to reason with him that no vehicle should have the battery die after a week unless there's something draining it, but he not as smart as he looks. So, I gently guide him..."I think there's a service bulletin addressing this...I read about it online..." and he makes a call to someone who knows their a** from their elbow. When he gets off the phone, I can actually see the light bulb over his head has a dim glow, and he confirms "yep, you're right!" which I already knew, but it felt good to hear him admit it. I'm twisted that way.

We'll have to see if they try and charge me anything for the battery.

EDIT: Got the new model vent control valve and a brand new battery for $0.

Last edited by RJ1AZ; 01-15-2011 at 11:47 PM. Reason: updating
Old 01-20-2011, 02:30 PM
ifinity

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I believe there is a full warranty on the battery for 24 months, then its is prorated after that.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:48 PM
Borderline-G37

hmmm ive had my car for a year. weekend driver 8-9k miles. so its off for a week or even 2 weeks at time and left my key in there for 2 days once and not one start up problem so far.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:33 AM
KristofferG37

I can't believe I am reading this after 4 years of having my G37S. I bought this car in May of 08, and I only found this page after a google search for how to get into my trunk with a dead battery. I left my jumper cables in there. Check this out... since May of 08 I am on BATTERY NUMBER NINE. If I don't start the engine within 4 or 5 days of turning it off, the battery is dead. I thought this was normal for such a "high-tech" with the key fob and what not. The reality of 9 batteries in 4 years is starting to hit me.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:34 AM
KristofferG37

Battery???????

I can't believe I am reading this after 4 years of having my G37S. I bought this car in May of 08, and I only found this page after a google search for how to get into my trunk with a dead battery. I left my jumper cables in there. Check this out... since May of 08 I am on BATTERY NUMBER NINE. If I don't start the engine within 4 or 5 days of turning it off, the battery is dead. I thought this was normal for such a "high-tech" with the key fob and what not. The reality of 9 batteries in 4 years is starting to hit me.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:12 AM
quakerroatmeal
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
9 batteries in 4 years is definitely not normal. What battery are you replacing it with? I'd have the car checked out.

Quick Reply: Dead Battery Already