G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Dead Battery Already

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 04:42 AM
socalG37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same thing is happening to my G whenever I go on a business trip of more than 4 days. This will be the 4th time now that I took my car to the dealer and after 2 battery replacements within a year, they finally told me that the culprit is a faulty BCM. The same device that's suppose to monitor the battery (and cut power when voltage drops to extremely low values) is draining the battery itself. How ironic! Unfortunately the BCM is back ordered with no ETA from Infiniti. So in the meantime I'll just have to use my battery charger/jumpstarter that I stashed in the trunk. Very frustrating.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:44 AM
bobmcc

Originally Posted by socalG37
Same thing is happening to my G whenever I go on a business trip of more than 4 days. This will be the 4th time now that I took my car to the dealer and after 2 battery replacements within a year, they finally told me that the culprit is a faulty BCM. The same device that's suppose to monitor the battery (and cut power when voltage drops to extremely low values) is draining the battery itself. How ironic! Unfortunately the BCM is back ordered with no ETA from Infiniti. So in the meantime I'll just have to use my battery charger/jumpstarter that I stashed in the trunk. Very frustrating.
My dealer is also waiting for that module to come in. It's been 5 weeks already. They told me when it comes in they will also replace the battery with a heavy duty one and reprogram the computer under warranty. I have been using a Battery Tender trickle charger once a week overnight to make sure the battery stays charged up.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:35 PM
Sweeet P

socalG37...if you're interested...you may be able to claim lemon on your car just as I did.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-cou...l-kind-of.html
Old 03-30-2010, 08:57 PM
majin ssj eric

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mine died at just over two years and 34k miles. They prorrated a new battery and I paid about $30 out of pocket.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:56 AM
ismag

My battery died and i changed it. But after that windows dont go auto up when door is closed. some body now how to fix this problem?
Old 04-06-2010, 11:20 PM
Gene

BCM replaced

I had my battery replaced twice and that didn't help. They finally ordered the BCM and it was on back order for three weeks. I had it installed today and I'm hoping that it resolves this problem. For the past couple of weeks I've been using a battery tender to make sure my G starts up in the morning. I swear it feels like I have a Chevy Volt because I have an extension cord running to my car every night. I really hope those days are over. I no longer have the auto light function. I'm really upset about that. I'll be contacting the dealer first thing tomorrow morning regarding this problem. I don't even have the auto light sensitivity option in the settings menu.

Man, I've had a d*ck load of problems with this car.

2008 G37S 19,000 Miles
List of problems
Exhaust replaced-TSB

Brake discs warped-TSB

Dead batteries-I paid a pro-rated amount the first time and no charge the second time

Driver side window auto-up function problems. They lubed the window seal and that was only a temporary fix. I took it in a second time and they claim that they replaced the window motor. I think they’re full of sh*t and just added a sh*t load of lube on the window seal again. I have a feeling that I'll be back for this problem again. The window goes all the way up and it comes down half way on it's on. The dealer says that the window seal is too tight so there’s a safety feature that tells the motor to lower the window for safety. The window acts as if there was a limb blocking the window.

The carpet under the gas pedal has a hole. I've had cars for years and that's never happened. WTF!!!

Rattles, damn rattles!!!

I love this car but I'm glad it's a lease. I see an M37 in the near future.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:53 PM
ifinity

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2008 G37 Coupe; Battery Low Voltage TSB

ITB10-010 for details on 8 page Technical Service Bulletin

see this thread: https://www.myg37.com/forums/tsb-tec...-solved-4.html
Old 04-11-2010, 11:56 PM
majin ssj eric

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ismag
My battery died and i changed it. But after that windows dont go auto up when door is closed. some body now how to fix this problem?
Search "window reset"...
Old 05-29-2010, 08:23 AM
mphouston

Well, the BCM replacement seems to have worked for me too. It took a day to get the part in Mid May.

My problem was the battery would drain after 5-6 days of no use. Dealer replaced the battery 2 times before and that did not solve it. I basically gave up on it and started carrying a jump start battery (Black and Decker 'Start It'). Knowing the TSB existed convinced me it was worth another try.

Thanks.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:57 AM
ifinity

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Finally, battery replaced under warranty

After torturing the starter and other electronics for 18 months with a weak battery, and having Infiniti customer service send out tow trucks for a jump 3 times in the last 6 weeks, Oxnard service swapped the 600CCA battery with an Infiniti 700CCA (cold crank Amps) battery. Nice to have a strong start and see the battery hold above 12V while playing the radio without the engine running.

However, I got duped, I think, into paying the 25% towards the battery ($31 w/tax), when I now see the warranty book says the first 24 months should be free on the 84 month total warranty period. I will ask for a refund when I go back in for the driver's seat bottom leather replacement on order. Makes it hard to trust the service manager for anything else, but the muffler was also finally replaced this time without any fuss. Nissan must be getting killed on all the warranty issues, but they better take care of customers or a competitor will take them out. Maybe they have a dumb insurance company, like the Wall Street bankers had AIG (and TARP), that will cover their losses.

I will keep an eye on how it reacts over the next month or so, as to how well it handles short trips around town for keeping a charge. I think the original battery was mistreated by not having maintenance charging in the dealer's lot for almost a year. But Infiniti should have taken care of this from the first time I complained about the weak battery. Hope I do not need to go in another time for the Body Control Module, EVAP canister purge volume control solenoid valve (vent control valve) routine.

Last edited by ifinity; 06-10-2010 at 05:26 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:29 AM
SleepyMonkey
Registered Member

So in the meantime I'll just have to use my battery charger/jumpstarter that I stashed in the trunk. Very frustrating.
how do you get in your trunk when the battery is dead?
Old 06-10-2010, 11:53 AM
YetiNole

Originally Posted by SleepyMonkey
how do you get in your trunk when the battery is dead?
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that he pulls the lever that opens his trunk? Does that stop working when you have a dead battery?
Old 06-10-2010, 01:36 PM
SleepyMonkey
Registered Member

Originally Posted by YetiNole
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that he pulls the lever that opens his trunk? Does that stop working when you have a dead battery?
yes, the interior trunk pop button does not work with no juice. Manually hitting the trunk release button on the trunk lid does not work with no juice. My cables are now under my seat... no bueno.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:23 AM
mphouston

I opened the trunk from the back seat. Drop the back seat and pull the glow-in-the-dark trunk open handle .
Old 06-11-2010, 10:57 AM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
Isn't the lever to release the back seat latch in the trunk as well?

Quick Reply: Dead Battery Already