Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Door open warning

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 06:11 PM
gtracing

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Kurgan
If the dealer did some work with an alarm sensor or alarm system for the car, it's probably a wiring problem they created while doing so. There are sensors on the alarm that detect when the door is opened, and the wires have to be spliced into the wires that detect when the door is opened. A bad ground or a weak splice could cause exactly what you're talking about.

I'll bet they just need to check their splices and grounds for the alarm system.
hum...i'm not quite sure if they spliced into the wiring harness or if it's a plug and play unit...the sales who sold it to me wasn't there yesterday when i went, so i didn't get a chance to ask him...and i asked the technician and he had no idea what i was talking about..sounded kinda fishy, but i got all the paperwork so if it was a scam, i'll sue them for sure! haha
Old 12-12-2008, 06:12 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
did you have your windows tinted at all? the tinter usually disconnects the door sensor so just tighten the screws if it is loose
Old 12-12-2008, 06:15 PM
gtracing

no, windows aren't tinted...
Old 01-17-2009, 07:20 PM
gtracing

UPDATE:

ok, after dropping the car off at the dealership for a week and 300km's later...we finally found out what the problem is....

it was the optional factory shock sensor that infiniti offers.....there was a short circuit in the unit or something, and had to get it replaced....we also found out how we can duplicate the windows rolling down and saying that the door is opened.....pretty much kick or tap the dead pedal (that's where the shock sensor is located), and the door indicator will say that the door is opened....

infiniti had to test drive the car at different times of the day....(day time, at night etc) to see if it had anything to do with headlights on, or temperature, just to cover all variables....and as for the kilometers...infiniti said sorry...and topped off my car with 94 octane...boo!!!