G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Voice Recognition help and questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 08:03 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Canadoc, I don't think you're listening to what I'm saying.

Turn alternate command mode on.

Then push the voice command button.

Say "Dial <voicetag>"

With alternate command mode on, the voice command is listening for ALL commands, not just the ones on the screen.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by canadoc
Thevoice command on the new navs is worse than useless.
There you go—“worse than useless.” I give up. You’ve discounted the scores of valuable commands that are still part of the system so there’s nothing that can be done except to suggest you replace your car for an earlier build G37.

I would trade you mine, but you would find numerous faults with it too (my passenger seat belt buckle rattles if I don’t position it away from the door panel, making the whole G37 seat belt system useless).
Old 12-07-2008, 09:38 PM
canadoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I say useless because the other options are faster and just as easy to engage. since you have the older nav. system you can't appreciate what I amsaying since you don't have to.
As for the option to say dial then one of your phone book entries, I will have to recheck but I am pretty sure I tried that and it didn't work. As soon as you say dial the nav unit asks for a 10 digit number so saying a voice tag doesn't do anything.
I am only bemoaning a system that infiniti got right and then to protect consumers from themselves neutered to the point that the best features are gone.
Sure I do like some commands. Redial is nice, as is fuel economy (though on my first tank of gas still it kinda sucks lol). Is also good to goto an address book entry or home.

I think voice control for the nav unit to set a destination would be nicer if it would recognise my damn city!!!! Seems the suburbs and other cities it picks up every street quite well but Montreal, Quebec seems to be absent. Not sure if this is a defect or oversight as all the surrounding neighbourhoods, including streets that run fro m suburubs into the city work, but you can't ask for the same street in Montreal as you get no entry. Hmm any ideas?

Sorry if I have been ranting, just I saw last years nav system in action and ws mighty impressed before buying mine. Nowhere was it mentioned the Canadian 2009 models would get the reduced command set. 2008 new is/was not an option as i opted for the awd coupe