G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Possible future G37 owner: need advice...

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 04:00 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by da mayor
i have 2 of them here i know vibrant red is hard to find
That's a beautiful car. I still have questions about 5 speed vs 7 speed. I don't know what's all out there for performance yet but I hear more will be coming soon. Normally I'm the kind of guy that likes a broad torque curve rather than high rpm horsepower and the 5 speed would work better with the torque while the 7 speed would be better with a high horsepower engine. What will this 3.7L be easier to build for?
Old 11-30-2008, 04:04 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
our torque curve is flat which is good as it pulls from every rpm. 7at is helping you get out of the hole faster than the 5at as well as giving you a better cruising RPM.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:13 PM
GiGGaplease

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice choice in getting vr .
Old 11-30-2008, 04:24 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
I think you would benefit our forum... especially looking at your audio work on the dodge... Id love for you to work on the audio in the G37 and post DIYs...
Thanks. I have done a lot more work to the audio system since and need to update. I don't know if I would do too much to the G though. I'd have to decide if I like the way it sounds first. I'm afraid that everything is so integrated anymore that it makes things hard to work with. I already have an idea for those "Illuminated Kick-plates" though.

HFC... boy don't I feel stupid. Normally I just hear "cats" and the high flow is just implied. It's just a different way to abbreviate it.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:26 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Ivoidwarranties
Thanks. I have done a lot more work to the audio system since and need to update. I don't know if I would do too much to the G though. I'd have to decide if I like the way it sounds first. I'm afraid that everything is so integrated anymore that it makes things hard to work with. I already have an idea for those "Illuminated Kick-plates" though.

HFC... boy don't I feel stupid. Normally I just hear "cats" and the high flow is just implied. It's just a different way to abbreviate it.
It is integrated... so you need to be creative when doin audio upgrades.... not many here have gotten crazy with it.... a few have.... and very few have documented what they did.... so thats why Id love for you to take a crack at it.... and post your experience...

hurry up and buy it... hurry up and buy it....
Old 11-30-2008, 04:50 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
It is integrated... so you need to be creative when doin audio upgrades.... not many here have gotten crazy with it.... a few have.... and very few have documented what they did.... so thats why Id love for you to take a crack at it.... and post your experience...

hurry up and buy it... hurry up and buy it....
If you want documentation I'm the guy. I'm going to pm you a couple links to some of my write ups.