Sponsored By:

Who took my shoes??!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 08:08 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by DashKid
omfg. are u serious. i fking hate ppl who have to steal stuff. makes me wanna shoot them but is that rain on your car and if it is. i just have to say holy crap stealing ppl tires and rims in the rain.
In South Florida it only rains for 4 minutes at a time.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:52 PM
Mantis3024

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jeebus, right on your own driveway too. Invest in a proximity alarm for your front yard, motion activated lights, and a shotgun. Leave a set of rims sitting at the foot of your driveway as bait.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:55 PM
DashKid
Banned

really here in dallas when it rains it rains alot. hardly get small rain.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:01 PM
bunluvsvw

Wtf? people actually dare to steal rims right in front of your driveway? Damn, Pembroke Pines is not the ghettos, I cant believe it, thats crazy dude, right in front of your drive way man, How could you not have heard it, I know they gotta have a truck or a pickup to carry them away.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:33 PM
Pms1212

Been in your situation a couple of months ago. It's a rough feeling waking up to that. I was pissed, so I definitely know how you feel. It shouldn't be to long before your insurance check comes in. I have allstate insurance and they were pretty quick to get the check to me.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:25 PM
EZDozzit
No Soliciting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by finagle69
just curious, but how long had it been since you drove the car? the rotor's look rusty as hell.
I had washed the G the day before and hadn't driven it since. Doesn't take long for the rust to build up.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:38 PM
EZDozzit
No Soliciting

Guys thanks for all the support. Yeah it sux but it could have been worse. To answer one of the questions posted, I had the tuner lug nuts.

Interestingly enough, the rims are not that expensive. They're MRR Design GT5's in size 20" with Falkens. One of the site sponsors started a thread offering them. Gonna have to make some space in the garage so I can park the G in there. The driveway is lit up at night, all night. My bedroom is towards the rear of the house so I didn't hear anything.

The cops didn't even send anybody because "the perpetrators were no longer at the scene". They just called me back and told me they'd fill out a report which I can pick up at the police dept in 5 business days. My insurance was great and immediately sent out a collision shop team to pick up the car and inspect it for any damage underneath.

Old 11-12-2008, 10:44 PM
TomG37

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That really sucks, but atleast they left the car on blocks, and didnt let it smash the ground.

Good luck with getting new wheels, I'm selling my Volks if you are looking for aftermarkets.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:47 PM
PSYH
Post Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How did they get your car off the bricks without damaging the undercarriage?
Old 11-12-2008, 11:01 PM
EZDozzit
No Soliciting

Originally Posted by psyh
How did they get your car off the bricks without damaging the undercarriage?
I still had the OEM rims and tires in the garage so they just mounted them on the car.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:07 PM
VONYC

ROB they stole your rims !!!
HOLY SHIIT !

why didnt you tell me ?
Old 11-12-2008, 11:47 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by EZDozzit
Guys thanks for all the support. Yeah it sux but it could have been worse. To answer one of the questions posted, I had the tuner lug nuts.

Interestingly enough, the rims are not that expensive. They're MRR Design GT5's in size 20" with Falkens. One of the site sponsors started a thread offering them. Gonna have to make some space in the garage so I can park the G in there. The driveway is lit up at night, all night. My bedroom is towards the rear of the house so I didn't hear anything.

The cops didn't even send anybody because "the perpetrators were no longer at the scene". They just called me back and told me they'd fill out a report which I can pick up at the police dept in 5 business days. My insurance was great and immediately sent out a collision shop team to pick up the car and inspect it for any damage underneath.

I really like thoes rims. If i find them on e-bay for cheap i'll let you know after they are on my car. lol J/k man but i do like thoses rims
Old 11-12-2008, 11:51 PM
NIGHTLFEphantom

Originally Posted by shumby
I really like thoes rims. If i find them on e-bay for cheap i'll let you know after they are on my car. lol J/k man but i do like thoses rims
Your gonna put his rims on your G that's in the junkyard from the coffee incident? Why would you do that? LOL! jk.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:54 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
lol ouch. I might have an 08 as soon as the 22nd if I don't decide to get the 09. Want to have the majority of my mods bought befor I got the car now that i know what I want
Old 11-13-2008, 12:18 AM
EZDozzit
No Soliciting

Originally Posted by x'sG37_MIA
ROB they stole your rims !!!
HOLY SHIIT !

why didnt you tell me ?
Yeah meng, can you believe it? Now my OB G looks like yours.

Originally Posted by shumby
Yeah now they're popping up everywhere. My car's a lease so didn't want to spend too much on mods. And I always got compliments on the rims. Obviously someone liked them enough to steal them.

Quick Reply: Who took my shoes??!!