G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Thinking of the G37

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 01:03 PM
NIGHTLFEphantom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wtf? are you questioning a G37 over a 2007 mazdaspeed3... GTFO. Go get a civic and make it a day.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:11 PM
jeffyb

Originally Posted by Seer
never had any issues with my SVT Cobra Mustangs
Well, the only Cobra to really push the engines are the 03-04 Cobra's and the new GT500, and Ford was extremely smart in using forged pistons, etc. Amazing cars! I used to have an 03 Cobra and loved everything about it, well, except I lived on a dirt road at the time
Old 11-10-2008, 01:18 PM
speedphreak

Originally Posted by NIGHTLFEphantom
Wtf? are you questioning a G37 over a 2007 mazdaspeed3... GTFO. Go get a civic and make it a day.
Ahh...a New Yorker... If you don't have anything constructive to say...STFU.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:18 PM
neoWhite

Yeah go get a test drive...it'll probably give you better feel of what you want.
I loved the car before I drove it this past Sat at the dealership and after the drive, it's only confirmed my love for it. Can't wait until next month to get one.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:21 PM
NIGHTLFEphantom

You talking **** about NEW YORK?? G35NYC is about to **** you up.

JK, What I meant was an Infiniti G37 is at a way different class/level than a 2007 mazdaspeed3 but if you have anything to say about you New Yorkers... say it now.

Last edited by NIGHTLFEphantom; 11-10-2008 at 01:36 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:48 PM
ObsidianGT

AndrewDDS, what amazing input. I'd love to hear more of your thoughts but of course I'm without any kindle for that fire at the moment. For me, work is kind of busy right now but I had to take a peek here.

speedphreak, I think what the New Yorkers are trying to say is that you can't really compare that Mazda to an Infiniti G37. For example: sure, you can put a $10,000 stereo into a 1984 Buick and it will be a much more powerful stereo than the G's... but ... do I even need to go on?
Old 11-10-2008, 02:50 PM
speedphreak

I understand the comparison..there is none! lol.

I just want a fun, low maintanance, reliable car.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:14 PM
jeffyb

Originally Posted by speedphreak

The G37 is an amazing all around car. People tend to focus on one aspect of it and only compare it to cars that are better (faster, etc) but ignore the fact that as an all around automobile the G37 really is an amazing piece of machinery.

It's stylish, well built, quick, handles great, amazing interior that is both comfortable and functional and has all of the tech gadgets you would want. It's got class, speed and comfort, it's really hard to beat that package. Yes there are faster cars out there, but as an all around package for the money this car cannot be beat.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:21 PM
speedphreak

Thats what I am liking about it so much!
Old 11-10-2008, 03:45 PM
NIGHTLFEphantom

Originally Posted by speedphreak

Where are you from? low maintanance... Definitely don't get black or else you have a lot of maintaining to do.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:52 PM
speedphreak

I live in Florida. I have my sights on the pearl white/black with rosewood.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:37 PM
Achilles

The G is not a speed demon nor is it fast off the line. It's performance is on the higher rev end. It's a heavy car for it's size but has great handling. The best thing to do is test drive one and get liberal with it. Don't be afraid to open it up a bit. Remember, the G only has 330hp and it's not a turbo charged anything nor does it have crazy speed. Understand it before you buy. Too many say that they feel it's underpowered after a few months (they should have seen that during the test drive).

The technology in it is nice but has it's shortcomings as well (Bluetooth limited, NAV locked in motion, etc).

For the bang-for-ur-buck, you can't beat the G though. You can get faster, better NAV, etc in a different car but you'll pay 10k-15K more for it and that's just for starters.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:59 PM
AndrewDDS

Originally Posted by Achilles
The technology in it is nice but has it's shortcomings as well (Bluetooth limited, NAV locked in motion, etc).
KP Technologies sells a fantastic module that will allow you to use all the features of your navigation system while in motion.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:09 PM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
i disagree with the idea that this car is not fast. several guys here have do low 13's stock, and i've seen a thread about 12.96 w/track radials. i posted a vid of what i can assume, a naturally aspirated auto doing 12.65. the car is well balanced and can be thrown around. my personal experience with the car has been nothing but good. i came from an 06 6mt coupe, and this car feels much faster...after break in, my first hard shift to second gear ripped the tires loose all the way through the tach, and chirpped third.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:13 PM
NIGHTLFEphantom

Originally Posted by speedracer g37
i disagree with the idea that this car is not fast. several guys here have do low 13's stock, and i've seen a thread about 12.96 w/track radials. i posted a vid of what i can assume, a naturally aspirated auto doing 12.65. the car is well balanced and can be thrown around. my personal experience with the car has been nothing but good. i came from an 06 6mt coupe, and this car feels much faster...after break in, my first hard shift to second gear ripped the tires loose all the way through the tach, and chirpped third.
That is true.. there are guys who have stock times of 13's. The G is not fast of the line though.

Quick Reply: Thinking of the G37