Sponsored By:

Crashed my G!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 02:44 PM
Dominican_Capt
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wicked_limitz
yeah i'm thinking about doing that....i called her insurance(kemper independance?) several times and left a few messages and still no response! its getting me more and more aggrivated. If i don't get a call by today, i'm just going to go with mine(Geico).

and also, thanks everyone for the kind words! now its just the waiting game!
Something tells me u've been bitten by the convertible bug.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:45 PM
christian655321

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
just hope and pray she has enough coverage, in some states they have minimums way below 40k if its totaled. I would also contact your own insurance company and make them work for you in contacting the other partys underwriter.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:03 PM
christian655321

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
assuming you live in NYS

here I got this straight off of http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/dmvfaqs.htm

What are the requirements for motor vehicle liability insurance in NYS?

A motor vehicle registered in NYS must have liability insurance. Insurance coverage must be a minimum of $25,000/50,000 for injury, $50,000/100,000 for death, and $10,000 for property damage caused by any one accident. New York State is a no-fault state. The liability coverage must remain in effect while the registration is valid, even if the vehicle is not used (except motorcycles).

if all she has is 10k its you will have to go after her personal assets. good luck man. most people dont bump up their coverage, I would be on the phone with your insured , they will cover the shortage under your collision policy and then sue her.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:10 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Graham
Oh they'll listen when they get a call, "Hi this is so and so from Geico subrogation department, we are looking at a lawsuit for claims made in the amount of $XXXX.XX, less our attorney and legal fees, do you wish to settle or go to trial?" You'll see checks flying out of Kemper!! Geico is pretty good in handling claims from customers feedback i've heard.
Rough insurance talk like that gets me hot & bothered.

OP, sorry about the loss, hope it all works out for you. Drunk driving FTL.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:11 PM
Brush

Sell me your rims and buy a honda
Old 11-03-2008, 05:28 PM
kg37

Sorry about the accident Wicked. I remember when you posted the first crash on driver. I live in NY also. There are some stupid A holes on the road after 2am (especially in BK and Queens). I am glad you were not hurt. You did the right thing by backing down from some drunk. Trying to be a G only gets you in more trouble. Your a smart man. God bless.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:32 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Just don't try to take matters in your own hands... Let the insurance companies battle it out.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:39 PM
Wicked_limitz
Registered Member

thanks again everyone....yeah her insurance finally called me, they had to get a recording on my statement. Her agent is going to give me another call 2morrow and hopefully send someone out to come and take a look at the car. Do you guys think that they will just write me a check for the damages if not totaled and let me bring it to any shop that I chose?
Old 11-03-2008, 05:55 PM
langrock2003

Do not them talk you into taking it anywhere. Take it where you want to have it fixed. They cannot force you into any particular body shop.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:02 PM
Wicked_limitz
Registered Member

^ok thats what i wanted to do anyways...got another phone call and the agent said he will be over anytime from 9am - 12pm..

do you guys think they will reimburst me the money that i spent to get my "ironman" lights done?
Old 11-03-2008, 10:03 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
No.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:20 PM
G37sGuy

I am so sorry for the loss, man. I agree airbags deployed = total. Good luck with the new car. the new 370z looks nice. I am sorry again.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:50 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Dude, sorry to see/hear that. Time must be rough. But in the end, you were able to go home to your kids. Keep us updated.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:05 AM
VONYC

Danm dude im really sorry for the accident... =/

I know how you feel .. though my accident wasnt as bad as yours, the feeling of getting out of your car and looking at the damages and thinking in your mind .. HOLY **** i just crashed my G its insane...

I took my G to any body shop i wanted and i had one that i trusted and they did an amazing job ..

I got chills looking at your pictures just cuz it brought back memories...

i was lucky to have been hit by a semi truck... and all i have to say is thank god my car is slammed.. if not i would have suffered frame damage...

=(

I hope that all goes well for you .. and i dont think that its total loss ... Take it and get it fixed .. it will come out brand new .. you wont be able to tell at all .. Good luck with everything ..

If you decide to get rid of your rims let me know..

After all the body work was done ... V

Old 11-04-2008, 01:18 AM
shabbo
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Wicked_limitz
thanks again everyone....yeah her insurance finally called me, they had to get a recording on my statement. Her agent is going to give me another call 2morrow and hopefully send someone out to come and take a look at the car. Do you guys think that they will just write me a check for the damages if not totaled and let me bring it to any shop that I chose?
Firstly!! Glad you guys are safe!

Now don't settle for anything the insurance company says, they will try to find the cheapest way to restore your car and give you 'procedures' to follow as if it's no big deal. But you have to claim EVERYTHING and resist at every step. The insurance agent can be more slippery than the car salesman who sold you the G!

include a whiplash or something.

do you have uninsured or underinsured motorist on your plan?

if the frame is bent in anyway which it probably is...then the structure is compromised and the car will never be the same or as safe again. This means that you need to claim a NEW car given this is a 08 model. make this a point when the adjusters inspect the vehicle.

it sucks but sh*t happens and you'll want to get on their back!

goodluck!!! but don't forget to VOTE!!!

Quick Reply: Crashed my G!