Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Problem filling gas?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 07:24 PM
Kev G37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problem filling gas?

Searched but couldn't find anything related. Mine is acting weird lately. The gas bump just stop filling after a few gallons so I always have to leave the gas station without a full tank of gas. seriously, this is pissing me off!! Does anyone have same problem??

Last edited by Kev G37S; 10-22-2008 at 07:26 PM.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:26 PM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
nope... i don't have problems... are you sure it's not the gas pump? so if you run your cat to empty, you only get a few gallons?
Old 10-22-2008, 07:30 PM
Kev G37S

Originally Posted by aliiin
nope... i don't have problems... are you sure it's not the gas pump? so if you run your cat to empty, you only get a few gallons?
no it's not the gas bump cause I have tried other bumps as well and it does the same thing! no, it's not empty.. still got like 50+ miles left.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:36 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Some pumps are fast and if the rate of flow exceeds the drain to tank rate of the entry tube you get a false fill back wash and it stops, trick is to fill slower. I've never had a problem in the G with any pump. Try a different station. If it continuously happens then I'd ask yourself if you have left your car unlocked and accessable to where someone could have put something down your gas tank partially blocking the entry tube.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:39 PM
Kev G37S

Originally Posted by RedG37SNC
Some pumps are fast and if the rate of flow exceeds the drain to tank rate of the entry tube you get a false fill back wash and it stops, trick is to fill slower. I've never had a problem in the G with any pump. Try a different station. If it continuously happens then I'd ask yourself if you have left your car unlocked and accessable to where someone could have put something down your gas tank partially blocking the entry tube.
Thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention that I have tried to fill slower but it does the same thing. Yeah maybe it's the station itself. I'd like to go to that station because it has the cheapest gas price in the area!! and every single car in my family goes there too but they never have the same problem!! damn it.. I guess I have to try other station next time and see what happens.

Last edited by Kev G37S; 10-22-2008 at 07:42 PM.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:41 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
You should only fill up the tank to halfway anyways... More gas = more weight... Hehehe...

You should take it to the dealer to get it fixed... It might be a faulty pressure sensor or whatever they are... My Acura TL had this problem and I took it to the dealer and they fixed it so...
Old 10-22-2008, 07:44 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
One other possibility is your tank is actually full and your fuel monitoring system has a failed component making you think it's empty.. warrenty stuff if it keeps happening.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:45 PM
Fooz

I'm sorry, but unless I'm missing something, what's stopping you from pulling the handle back up and restarting the flow of gas when it stops? I'm assuming you know how much your tank can hold and generally know how empty it is (e.g. if you have a 20 gallon tank with a 1/4 tank of gas left, you're filling up and it stops after 3 gallons, you know you still have another 12 gallons to go). I only mention this, because you say you like that station.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:53 PM
Kev G37S

Originally Posted by gamedog
You should only fill up the tank to halfway anyways... More gas = more weight... Hehehe...

You should take it to the dealer to get it fixed... It might be a faulty pressure sensor or whatever they are... My Acura TL had this problem and I took it to the dealer and they fixed it so...
LOL I thought about that too! but keep going back to the gas station is quite annoying for me. yeah I will definitely ask dealer when I go back next time. Thanks.

Originally Posted by RedG37SNC
One other possibility is your tank is actually full and your fuel monitoring system has a failed component making you think it's empty.. warrenty stuff if it keeps happening.
that's very possible but I don't think that's the problem at this point.

Originally Posted by Fooz
I'm sorry, but unless I'm missing something, what's stopping you from pulling the handle back up and restarting the flow of gas when it stops? I'm assuming you know how much your tank can hold and generally know how empty it is (e.g. if you have a 20 gallon tank with a 1/4 tank of gas left, you're filling up and it stops after 3 gallons, you know you still have another 12 gallons to go). I only mention this, because you say you like that station.
It just stops after a few gallons, so basically I have to manually pull the handle a little by little and my hand hurts afterwards.. so I always give up after couple gallons. LOL
Old 10-22-2008, 07:57 PM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like the breather tube is blocked.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:14 PM
joeposter
Registered Member

https://www.myg37.com/forums/showthr...ight=gas+stops
Old 10-22-2008, 09:42 PM
PSYH
Post Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That happens to me sometimes, I find that if I don't stick it in all the way (like pull it out by half an inch) it won't stop me until it's actually full.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure there's a "That's what she said!" joke in there somewhere.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:45 PM
majin ssj eric

Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
Sounds like the breather tube is blocked.
I agree! Edmunds just had a similar issue with their GT-R. You should be able to get this fixed under warranty.

Last edited by majin ssj eric; 10-22-2008 at 09:47 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:07 AM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

so this sounds like a problem carried over from the previous generation. i had the exact same problem on my g35. Nice.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:36 AM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
I had this problem too, and with my Audi. Do you usually only fill up half way or $30 worth? This has nothing to do with the pump or gas station. Take it to the dealer one of the sensors might have come lose.

Quick Reply: Problem filling gas?