Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Rumble in the G

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 11:31 AM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Rumble in the G

This morning I was driving my grandmother to the mall. While on the freeway cruising in 6th gear, I started noticing a steady rumble. At first I thought it might've been the bass from the radio, but the volume was not anywhere near the level it'd have to be to cause such vibrations. Then I thought it may be how the road was paved, but the road looked fine (Tyler exit on 91W). I looked at my rear view mirror and the image looked fuzzy due to the shaking. I put my hand on it to verify it wasn't just my eyes. I exited the freeway and the noise continued. When I came to a complete stop and turned right, the noise subsided. After arriving at my destination, I went outside to examine the car. My grandmother said she smelled something burning near the rear of the car, which I also noticed. After dropping her off, I got back on the freeway but the noises went away.

If the problem reveals itself again, I guess I'll be going back to the dealer. I did get an oil change done at the dealership yesterday, along with an examination of my brakes, air filter, and tightening my parking brake, but I don't see how that'd be related to what I experienced.

Has anything like this happened to anyone here?
Old 10-21-2008, 11:34 AM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Hasn't happened to me man.... Might be a rear diff issue... Was it a big rattle in the tranny too? Was your shifter shaking?
Old 10-21-2008, 11:51 AM
chasemyaccord

From what I can remember, the tranny and shifter seemed fine, although I wasn't really paying attention to it.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:30 PM
Roseyhebert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like a parking brake issue. It's in the back with the rear brakes/rotors. You said that they tightened it, maybe they over did it a little too much. That is the right area for the burning smell to be coming from and I know it can cause vibrations like you said you were having. I would get it checked out because that can do some damage to the brake.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:18 PM
chasemyaccord

I know there's a screw somewhere near the parking brake handle that I can adjust to loosen the parking brake, right? I don't have time to go to the dealership this week, so I'd like to do it myself if it wont take much time.